: Rear strut brace

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-17-07, 09:40 AM
In an effort to get this great product out to the masses, I have teamed up with Nels (forum member) to distribute the RMD rear strut brace. price is $150.00 plus shipping. here's why you need one..........

The purpose of strut bars is to reduce flex that these towers experience during hard cornering. When taking a turn a car's strut tower normally flex, resulting body flex and losing some traction. As a strut tower bar is designed to keep your car's strut tower from flexing, they distribute the pressure applied to one strut tower when taking a turn to both towers instead of just one. This keeps the wheels in position. Keeping the wheels in position helps keep the tires in the desired position on the road, and this will help to improve traction on the turns.
A rear strut bar minimizes under steer due to less chassis flex and improves stability during corner braking.

I am taking orders on this great deal now!!! expect about a 2 week delivery time.

Jon
11-17-07, 10:48 AM
We got one for the CTS and it realy made the car much more solid while aggressively accelerating through corners. Highly recommended!

darkman
11-17-07, 01:02 PM
We got one for the CTS and it realy made the car much more solid while aggressively accelerating through corners. Highly recommended!

Echo this. I recently put one in my V and it made a noticeable difference in cornering. Specifically, I can exit corners faster because it allows me to get back on the throttle sooner. The rear of the car feels better grounded. The build quality is also excellent and the installation is easy.

trukk
11-17-07, 01:05 PM
What the hell.

I'll try one.

Luke, any way I could get one before going to VIR on 7-9 Dec?

-Chris

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-17-07, 01:10 PM
Shouldnt be a problem Chris. I will call you next week. thanks

trukk
11-17-07, 01:14 PM
Shouldnt be a problem Chris. I will call you next week. thanks

Sounds good :D

-Chris

ZEUSROTTY
11-17-07, 04:11 PM
wow... a 50.00 middle man.

v-sam
11-17-07, 04:58 PM
Luke,

How do you come up with so many ways to put me in credit card debt? Have me one there when I bring the V up. I will need one to keep up with Chris.

Thanks,

John

The Tony Show
11-17-07, 07:33 PM

Yeah, God forbid somebody make a profit for spending their time ordering and distributing something. :rolleyes:

rand49er
11-17-07, 08:10 PM
Luke, what's required to mount this sucker? Just poke a couple of holes in the trunk envelope? Are there any specs on the holes?

Gee-zo-pete ... gonna have to be well after the new year to do this one. I'm getting like lunarx (Ernie) with mods layin' all over the darn place with no time to get 'em installed. That darn Luke! :thepan:

darkman
11-17-07, 09:09 PM
Luke, what's required to mount this sucker? Just poke a couple of holes in the trunk envelope? Are there any specs on the holes?

Gee-zo-pete ... gonna have to be well after the new year to do this one. I'm getting like lunarx (Ernie) with mods layin' all over the darn place with no time to get 'em installed. That darn Luke! :thepan:

You guessed it. All that is required is a hole on each side of the trunk envelope. I just cut mine based on measurements taken with the brace mounts in place but without the brace bar itself. You will have removed the trunk envelope pieces anyway to get to the top strut mounts. The brace mounts provided use the existing strut fastening hardware. The length of the brace is adjustable.

ZEUSROTTY
11-17-07, 09:57 PM
Yeah, God forbid somebody make a profit for spending their time ordering and distributing something. :rolleyes:

I WAS GONNA BUY ONE LAST WEEK WHEN THEY WERE 100.00... i WILL STILL GET ONE, BUT I WONT FEEL AS WONDERFUL ABOUT IT...

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-18-07, 12:02 AM

tis true, Nels was selling them for a little less than I am (he actually just had a price increase and shipping from Canada can be a little pricey). I am distributing these for several reasons. 1st, I think its a hell of a product. 2nd because of the current status of the American dollar, Nels was barely turning a profit on his hard work when he sold to U.S customers. with my large (and much appreciated!) customer base, I can hopefully place large orders with him rather than he make up a few here and there. I wont pee on your leg and tell you its raining, my job is to make a few dollars for Lindsay Cadillac when and where I can, but a very close 2nd is supporting this community. I actually delayed this deal between Nels and I for several weeks deciding if I had an issue with selling a current product that people were becoming aware of for more than it could have been bought prior. in the end I figured I was helping out Nels by hopefully exposing his product to more people and not having him worry about an authorized vendor fee (which is a fair chunk of change). He is certainly helping me out by adding another great mod to my growing list.

ZEUSROTTY
11-18-07, 12:31 AM
tis true, Nels was selling them for a little less than I am (he actually just had a price increase and shipping from Canada can be a little pricey). I am distributing these for several reasons. 1st, I think its a hell of a product. 2nd because of the current status of the American dollar, Nels was barely turning a profit on his hard work when he sold to U.S customers. with my large (and much appreciated!) customer base, I can hopefully place large orders with him rather than he make up a few here and there. I wont pee on your leg and tell you its raining, my job is to make a few dollars for Lindsay Cadillac when and where I can, but a very close 2nd is supporting this community. I actually delayed this deal between Nels and I for several weeks deciding if I had an issue with selling a current product that people were becoming aware of for more than it could have been bought prior. in the end I figured I was helping out Nels by hopefully exposing his product to more people and not having him worry about an authorized vendor fee (which is a fair chunk of change). He is certainly helping me out by adding another great mod to my growing list.

No worries man... I was a little upset at first, because I was just on the cusp of an order with nels... But then I decided to have my trans redone, and get a short shifter... I will get one soon though... I own a Mortgage company, so I know that we all need to make a profit!!!!

Nels
11-18-07, 10:32 AM
Luke is quite accurate in posting that I was barely turning a profit on the bars I was selling. Between the high Canadian dollar and the cost of production, I started with the price low since I wasnít sure there was much interest in the bar. Then as Iíve been producing more, Iíve realized I canít continue with the low cost. I do apologize for what looks like a deal that is going to cost everyone more money, but even if Lindsay Cadillac and I didnít team up, I was going to be increasing the prices. Another factor is that Iím Canadian trying to sell into the American market and Luke simply has stronger connections to the market. Iím not a guy whoís doing this 24/7, itís a passion I have and I do this on the side, so having Luke and his team back my product is great and I look forward to future products being developed together.

darkman
11-18-07, 10:41 AM
After all is said and done, this product is still a bargain.

ZEUSROTTY
11-18-07, 03:23 PM
After all is said and done, this product is still a bargain.

hell yeah it is...

rand49er
11-18-07, 04:00 PM
... my job is to make a few dollars for Lindsay Cadillac when and where I can ...Precisely.

Lindsay Cadillac is a business. A business exists to make money plain and simple. Luke wouldn't have a job if Lindsay didn't make money through his efforts. I know ZEUSROTTY understands that; he's just frustrated.

Luke, you keep making all the money you guys can so you can provide the products we, as your customer base, want. If you get too greedy, someone else will step in ... it ain't personal, just business. Until then, Luke, keep on keepin' on. :thumbsup:

So, now let's all :grouphug:.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-19-07, 08:47 AM
Now thats out of the way, who wants a rear strut brace!!!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-19-07, 04:05 PM
thanks for the multiple orders already!!!! should have stock in hand by early next week!!

WHYTRY
11-19-07, 06:17 PM
profit isn't a bad word, after all it is how most of us got our V's and it's the only way how I can keep tires on the car. Mortgage broker make you broker.....JK

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-21-07, 08:12 PM
only 2-3 left out of my first 10 pack!

CTSV_Rob
11-21-07, 10:07 PM
Hmmm. Luke, buddy, pal.

You need to stop doing this to me the wife is going to kick me out (I'll take one).

rand49er
11-23-07, 11:43 AM
Can anyone comment on the degree to which these may or may not obstruct the pass-through feature of the rear seats folding down?

Chef
11-23-07, 11:54 AM
I'll bite- 1 sold to Chef

lunarx
11-23-07, 11:55 AM
Can anyone comment on the degree to which these may or may not obstruct the pass-through feature of the rear seats folding down?

That's what's holding me back as well.

I had a Rear Strut Bar on my WRX Wagon that had quick release bolts.
That made it a cinch to remove when you had cargo to haul.

With this bar, I suppose a couple of wrenches would need to be kept in the car.

Any chance of a quick release version?

darkman
11-23-07, 12:14 PM

The rear strut brace does cross thorugh the pass-through tunnel as can be seen in the photos. You can still fit (pass-through) objects above and below it. Removal and/or reinstallation once installed can be done in about 10 minutes by detaching the brace from one of the brackets at the bracket and then from the other bracket at the brace's point of attachment.

Nels
11-23-07, 01:04 PM
Yes the bar crosses over the pass through from the rear seat to the trunk. There is still room to pass through items above or below the bar. I'll post a picture of the rear bar with the rear seat down this evening.

I had though of a quick release bar a while ago. There are a couple of things preventing me from developing it. 1) Being cost. 2) Being structural integrity of the bar. Moving the mounting point of the bar to the strut plates will weaken the bar.

rand49er
11-23-07, 05:15 PM
... I'll post a picture of the rear bar with the rear seat down this evening. ...:thumbsup:

Nels
11-23-07, 08:15 PM
Here is the picture.

rand49er
11-24-07, 11:40 AM
Here is the picture.Not too bad, is it?!

Thanks, Nels! :thumbsup:

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
12-06-07, 04:23 PM
Just received and sold my first 10 of these, the pictures dont do them justice!!! the quality of these is stunning. Quick order one of my next allotment before my "supplier" reallizes he his selling them to cheap!!!!!

trukk
12-06-07, 04:30 PM
Luke,

Just a reminder that I am swinging by in the AM to get my brace, the front HP+'s, and to talk about the summit trip. I should be over around 10ish.

-Chris

Gordy Petrovski
12-06-07, 07:48 PM
Dammmmmmit I will take 1 shoot me a PM,Merry X-Mass to myself

Nels
12-06-07, 08:18 PM
Not too bad, is it?!

Thanks, Nels! :thumbsup:

It's not bad at all. Install time should take 20min.

sideways_v
12-07-07, 03:21 AM
Hey Nels, quick question: Is the bar bare aluminum, clear coated, clear anodized, or any other coating? Just curious.

BTW, it looks great!

ewill3rd
12-07-07, 06:58 AM
Chris, I'll be waiting for you this morning.
I did one a couple days ago so I should be able to do it a little quicker, this time I'll try not to slash my fingers open with a razorblade like I did on the last one... don't worry no blood in the car :D

I have a big job in the shop right now but I should be able to get you going farily quickly.

It isn't a hard install guys, just takes some time to trim the liner and make it all beautiful.
A template for cutting the side panels would be nice :D

darkman
12-07-07, 08:07 AM
I don't have a template, but once I located and started the opening, I used metal cutting shears with good results.

Nels
12-07-07, 10:27 AM
Hey Nels, quick question: Is the bar bare aluminum, clear coated, clear anodized, or any other coating? Just curious.

BTW, it looks great!

The the bar clear anodized. I'm gald you like it

UnsafeAtAnySpd
12-07-07, 09:04 PM
I just got my bar today (opened the box less than 10 minutes ago...as well as the headers and flywheel boxes :) ) Looks good.

darkman
12-07-07, 09:09 PM
I just got my bar today (opened the box less than 10 minutes ago...as well as the headers and flywheel boxes :) ) Looks good.

New speed equipment always looks good. When is the install?

UnsafeAtAnySpd
12-07-07, 09:19 PM
The brace hopefully this weekend. The other parts will probably have to wait until the new year. Not only am I going to be out of town for 2 weeks, I also want to get a dyno run in before the headers/cats install.

darkman
12-07-07, 09:23 PM
Getting a base set of dyno numbers is a good idea. The rear strut brace is pretty simple. Good luck.

CTSV_Rob
12-08-07, 01:22 AM
Just got the Rear strut tower brace and it looks nice.

I will be doing the installaion this weekend along with the SST brake lines and a fluid flush. Anyone know the torque for the Strut tower bolts?

darkman
12-08-07, 08:09 AM
Just got the Rear strut tower brace and it looks nice.

I will be doing the installaion this weekend along with the SST brake lines and a fluid flush. Anyone know the torque for the Strut tower bolts?

The service manual calls for 18 foot pounds.

CTSV_Rob
12-08-07, 11:46 AM
Sweet, thanks darkman

CTSV_Rob
12-08-07, 11:46 AM
After the meet today she is going to be installed.

Jon
12-08-07, 11:49 AM
I envy you guys having meets in December lol

CTSV_Rob
12-08-07, 12:07 PM
I am going to be on a race track next weekend...

I love CA.

darkman
12-08-07, 12:19 PM
The current temperature in Houston, Texas is 79 degrees with an expected high of 83. It ain't CA though because we have 71% humidity to go with the heat.

Nels
12-08-07, 01:28 PM
All this track talk! I'm moving to the US:yup:

Jon
12-08-07, 01:29 PM
All this track talk! I'm moving to the US:yup:
I'll come too

CTSV_Rob
12-08-07, 04:55 PM
Be careful, don't be tricked and move to MN! Cold and snow will stop you from heading to the track.

Ah, the sun is out and the weather is nice...

looking forward to next weekend!

Nels
12-08-07, 05:39 PM
Be careful, don't be tricked and move to MN! Cold and snow will stop you from heading to the track.

Ah, the sun is out and the weather is nice...

looking forward to next weekend!

I have in mind southern US. CA, AZ, TX etc. It all depends on how next year goes.

CTSV_Rob
12-08-07, 05:41 PM
You can't go wrong, all nice places to me. AZ and TX get a bit warm but they are nice.

Bueller
12-09-07, 07:19 PM
Ok got it installed, easy. Bare trunk. Has anyone made a template for the holes in the side panels? I see in the pics there is something black under the brace...what is that? I want to make the holes in the side panels as small as possible. I just hate to hack and hack until they are large enough to make them work. Any better pics showing the final mounting possition on the interior trunk panels? Maybe something with a tape measure in the picture...Thanks.

CTSV_Rob
12-09-07, 08:51 PM
Got mine in too but I'm leaving the side panels out for now. Didn't expect to remove the rear seat completely but it was easy. I'm sure someone will chime in with an easier way but it didn't take me long so I'm not worried about it.

Track next week so I will worry about prettying her up sometime after Christmas.

Any recommendations on the openings?
1- Juuuust big enough to fit the bar
2- Big enough to adjust the bar
3- Carry the opening all the way to the front
4- just a cut toward the front to just slide it over the bar

This is a daily driver so I would like to get the side panels back in. Really liking the bar so far.

Oh yeah, does it need to be preloaded or neutral?

darkman
12-09-07, 09:00 PM
Got mine in too but I'm leaving the side panels out for now. Didn't expect to remove the rear seat completely but it was easy. I'm sure someone will chime in with an easier way but it didn't take me long so I'm not worried about it.

Track next week so I will worry about prettying her up sometime after Christmas.

This is a daily driver so I would like to get the side panels back in. Really liking the bar so far.

I cut mine just large enough to adjust the bar using metal cutting shears. I preloaded it--but just barely.

Nels
12-09-07, 09:41 PM
Ok got it installed, easy. Bare trunk. Has anyone made a template for the holes in the side panels? I see in the pics there is something black under the brace...what is that? I want to make the holes in the side panels as small as possible. I just hate to hack and hack until they are large enough to make them work. Any better pics showing the final mounting possition on the interior trunk panels? Maybe something with a tape measure in the picture...Thanks.

I've attemped to make a temp plate but I didn't have much success. The two black plates are there to cover the very large holes that I made in the trunk panels.

I'm running the bar with a perload. But since you haven't track the car with the brace, try it in the neutral postion and made small adjustments untill your happy.

kgoch
12-10-07, 07:12 AM
I measured up from the floor to the bottom of the bar and the top of the bar, cut a hole the size of the bar, then a slit to the front of the panel. Fit was perfect.

ewill3rd
12-10-07, 07:15 AM
The whopping two that I have done....
I found a spot on the panel that I can put my tape measure on, I measure up from that spot 5 inches and make an incision. From there I make a horizontal line, then go up and down about 1/2".
After I make the opening I make a slit in the panel down to a small cutout on the trunk side.
Oh I guess I should point out that I remove the back seat for installation... much easier.
Anyway, after the bar is in place and all the fasteners are tight I slide the panels over the bar with the bubble wrap still on it (no scratches) then when it is all done I pull the bubble wrap off.
The second one looked a bit better than the first. The jute and stuff behind the hole can make it look bad but you can trim it and move it away from the opening. I am using some shears right now also but they are more like meat cutting scissors. The gash in my finger indicates that a razorblade is not the best tool to use! (oops!)

I'll take a picture of the measurement for you DIY-ers. Not sure when I'll get another one in.

Bueller
12-11-07, 04:46 PM
[QUOTE=ewill3rd;1322818]The whopping two that I have done....
I found a spot on the panel that I can put my tape measure on, I measure up from that spot 5 inches and make an incision. From there I make a horizontal line, then go up and down about 1/2".

I wish I knew where that spot was. I found lots of spots I could measure. Is this from the floor, or on the small ledge on the bottom? Anyone with pics from inside the trunk with the camera sitting on the bar looking tword the mount with the liner installed? Just don't want to hack, then buy a new liner and get it right on the second go around. Thanks guys.

ewill3rd
12-11-07, 05:25 PM
Next one I do I'll try to snap a photo.
It is hard to describe without a photo.
Trukk's car will be in tomorrow, maybe I'll get a photo of that one!

Nels
12-11-07, 06:58 PM
Ok here are two pictures that I took.

As you can see the bar is 5 inches from the trunk floor, and 2.5 inch from the rear seats.

You may notice the brace style is different from the ones that Lindsay is selling. This was the first bar that I made.

4DoorGTZ
01-02-09, 07:45 PM
Very helpful pics for me as I type this from the seatless rear of my v in a cold garage. Love the wifi on this iPod touch!

trukk
01-04-09, 02:45 PM
1 Year update. Zero issues at all with this mod, just as one would expect. Great mod.

-Chris

shredder
01-04-09, 03:10 PM
Whens the next 10 pak coming up?

ctsv154
01-04-09, 04:43 PM
Dont know but I need to spend some money so when everyones ready, I'm in!

darkman
01-05-09, 09:35 AM
:bump:

p0ng0rs
01-05-09, 10:14 AM
At first I was going to be super skeptical about all the claims on the being such a noticable way to spend $.. In my experience with DSM's it's a pretty big waste of cash0la that could be much better spent elsewhere(unless of course yer near pro/pro road-track racing for real very regularly and fighting for every last bit of help). However that platform is AWD, which had 4 wheels pulling rather than trying to lay power down with only the lighter back wheels.. so who knows.. I'll keep my skepticism down for now.

trukk
01-05-09, 10:27 AM
At first I was going to be super skeptical about all the claims on the being such a noticable way to spend $.. In my experience with DSM's it's a pretty big waste of cash0la that could be much better spent elsewhere(unless of course yer near pro/pro road-track racing for real very regularly and fighting for every last bit of help). However that platform is AWD, which had 4 wheels pulling rather than trying to lay power down with only the lighter back wheels.. so who knows.. I'll keep my skepticism down for now.

An additional thing to keep in mind is we have about 4000 lbs' flopping around, Vs a DSM. Then again our frame is significantly stiffer.

To me it was worth it. It was a fairly cheap mod.

-Chris

p0ng0rs
01-05-09, 11:08 AM
An additional thing to keep in mind is we have about 4000 lbs' flopping around, Vs a DSM. Then again our frame is significantly stiffer.

To me it was worth it. It was a fairly cheap mod.

-Chris

DSM's are heavier tanks than you'd think.. iirc around 200lbs lighter than a gen1 V with a full interior AWD. But you're right about the chassis.. one of the BEST EVER mods on a DSM is subframe bushings: cheap, $180 total, HORRIBLE install of burning out bushings 1 at a time, cutting the sleeve, air hammering that out, and cramming in the poly's. About the last thing yer worried about with AWD though is traction.. so those mods usually come last.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
02-10-09, 09:49 AM
thinking about getting 10 of these made up, any interest? cost is $150.00 plus shipping. these help stiffen up the rear during cornering

SkullV
02-10-09, 01:25 PM
These things DO help out a lot....the install is not that much fun but it does help out a lot with hard cornering!

deedubb
02-10-09, 02:38 PM
Will this interfere with the bodies I have in the trunk?

wait4me
02-10-09, 03:15 PM

:histeric: instantly Insaneclownpossi comes to mind...

SoJersey05V
02-10-09, 04:25 PM
count me in!

UnsafeAtAnySpd
02-10-09, 05:54 PM

Only if you have so many you need to use the seat fold down feature.

SoJersey05V
02-10-09, 06:01 PM
any way to have this powdercoated black???

ctsv154
02-15-09, 02:16 PM
Any more interest in this? I want one!

Sea-V
02-15-09, 03:31 PM
I'm very Interested too !!:cool2:
How hard is the install? some close-up pics of the trunk if you got'um please !!

darkman
02-15-09, 04:07 PM
I'm very Interested too !!:cool2:
How hard is the install? some close-up pics of the trunk if you got'um please !!

Install is easy once you accept the fact that will have to remove the rear seat to get to the fasteners. You will also need to remover the trunk shell (carpet) and cut an opening on each side. Tin snips and/or xacto knife will work. Total time < 1 hour.
Here is one of several earlier threads on this.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/123267-rear-strut-brace.html

This is great mod, IMHO.

Sea-V
02-15-09, 04:27 PM
thinking about getting 10 of these made up, any interest? cost is $150.00 plus shipping. these help stiffen up the rear during cornering

Install is easy once you accept the fact that will have to remove the rear seat to get to the fasteners. You will also need to remover the trunk shell (carpet) and cut an opening on each side. Tin snips and/or xacto knife will work. Total time < 1 hour.
Here is one of several earlier threads on this.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/123267-rear-strut-brace.html

This is great mod, IMHO.

Thanks For The Info darkman !! It looks like a great mod.:worship:

Luke !!
I'm definitly in for one. Let me know the payment info when avail.:) PM me here or e-mail capecodbillet@comcast.net
Peter
(Sea-V) :thumbsup:

ctsv154
02-15-09, 04:48 PM
Same here!

SoJersey05V
02-15-09, 05:12 PM
lets do this!!!..... any way have this brace in black???? if not guess w/e finish it is will do...

ctsv154
02-15-09, 05:25 PM
If all else fails just scuff it and rattle can it. May have to keep it touched up if you carry a lot crap in the trunk. You can buy some pretty tough rattle can paint these days. But nobody will really see it anyway.

ctsv154
02-15-09, 09:24 PM
Luke do you really need 10? You dont need 10 people. There are enough people to order right now. (said with the Jedi hand wave!)

ctsv154
02-15-09, 09:25 PM
You can have it powder coated on your own as well! Shouldn't cost much.

Bueller
02-15-09, 09:44 PM
I have this and it is a real nice piece for the money. It works too. Do It!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
02-16-09, 08:42 AM
PUTTING the order in today, should see them in a couple of weeks

Sea-V
02-16-09, 09:38 AM
PUTTING the order in today, should see them in a couple of weeks

:thumbsup:
Sweet !!! Looking forward to it:worship:
Maybe the weather will be a little warmer then for the install:alchi:

ctsv154
02-16-09, 10:38 AM
You are the man!!! I guess my Jedi mind trick actually works!

lollygagger8
02-16-09, 11:00 AM
How much room does it take up, like how far into the trunk does it sit?

deedubb
02-16-09, 11:06 AM
not very far. Here's a pic:
http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/img/rsm-rearbar.jpg

trukk
02-16-09, 01:19 PM
Guys, once you have it installed it is also fairly painless to pull it out, as you don;t have to remove the strut mounting points, rather just unscrew the center bar. While it's not something I'd want to remove eery day, if I had something big to move, and only had my V available, it's a quick 5 minutes to pull the bar out once the intial install has been done.

-Chris

lollygagger8
02-16-09, 01:38 PM
:hmm: wondering if I should pull the trigger...

Bueller
02-16-09, 02:31 PM
You won't be disappointed. Build quality, fit and finish is A+. It works too.

It hasn't ever gotten in the way for me. You can still put the seats down and it only sits a few inches off the floor, so you have all of the room above it.

Good mod for the money...no complaints.

SoJersey05V
02-16-09, 05:05 PM
yeehaw cant wait!!!

SoJersey05V
02-28-09, 06:35 PM
any update????????

branland
03-01-09, 10:48 AM
Since my go kart continues to gather dust in the garage and looks like Iíll need to rebuild all the calipers and engine, Iím thinking about autocrossing the V this summer. Iíve noticed that this car tends to have a little understeer during initial turn in. (or it could be my driving style)

Of those of you who have installed the brace, have you noticed a more neutral feel during initial turn in?

Bueller
03-01-09, 12:01 PM
I noticed the biggest difference when getting on the gas coming out of a corner. I autocross with it.

It feels like the inside rear doesn't lift as much when in a hard turn. Mine feels a bit more neutral but still understeers.

You won't be Fstock anymore with this brace.

branland
03-01-09, 02:18 PM
You won't be Fstock anymore with this brace.

WonderfulÖ Surrounded by modified Mustangs with slicks.

Thanks for the info.

LukeÖ Is it too late to get in on this?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
03-04-09, 10:59 AM
Expect to have them late next week

Sea-V
03-04-09, 12:16 PM
Expect to have them late next week

Sweet !!!:D. Can't wait. Thanks for the Update!!!

malfeas99
03-04-09, 03:22 PM
Does anyone have this brace with the Hotchkis F&R sways, but with the stock front strut bar? Are there any squirrely oversteer issues? I know that the swaybars stiffen up the back more than the front (good for front engine cars in general) but I'm concerned that the additional stiffness of the rear brace might make the V too tail-happy.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
03-12-09, 09:44 AM
strut braces have arrived. $150.00 plus shipping. give me a call at 703-824-9670 between 7:30-4:15 Eastern to get one on the way

Sea-V
03-12-09, 12:01 PM
I just ordered mine. Thanks Luke !!!!:cool2:

trukk
03-12-09, 12:22 PM
Does anyone have this brace with the Hotchkis F&R sways, but with the stock front strut bar? Are there any squirrely oversteer issues? I know that the swaybars stiffen up the back more than the front (good for front engine cars in general) but I'm concerned that the additional stiffness of the rear brace might make the V too tail-happy.

This is my exact setup...no issues. Definately no oversteer issues.

-Chris

ctsv154
03-12-09, 01:31 PM
I just called but he's with a customer:rolleyes:

ctsv154
03-12-09, 01:52 PM
I got one coming! Thanks Luke!