: OK, I did it...

45wheelgun
11-17-07, 08:09 AM
I passed on the "new" 2005 CTS-V. The dealer and I just couldn't make it work to our mutual satisfaction. If you know anyone who wants one...

I did however leave the dealership with a new Cadillac! I purchased a 5k mile 2007 STS V8, GM corporate car in Diamond White for 32k (Sticker 54k). It has a hole in the roof and no nav, but after reading the nav threads in the STS forum, it didn't seem worth the upcharge. Turn-by-Turn will work just fine for me.

I want to thank you all for your help in the last week. This forum was very informative. My time spent here was very productive. (as well as entertaining).

I guess I will be spending most of my time in the STS forum from now on. True to my word I am now a Supporting Member and look forward to interacting with you all in the future.

Thanks again,

Dave

urbanski
11-17-07, 08:39 AM
enjoy the ride :)

CIWS
11-17-07, 08:45 AM
Congrats on the car, and thanks for the Supporting Membership. Points for you :)

darkman
11-17-07, 08:52 AM
Congratulations. When I bought my V I also test drove and really liked the STS. I really wanted to take home one of each, but since I could only get one, it had to be the V. If the V deal would not work for you, you made a good choice.

Flyboy
11-17-07, 10:26 AM
you made a good choice

:yeah:

JonCR96Z
11-17-07, 11:18 AM
I knew this board had to be helpful for somebody.

Welcome to the board.

AAIIIC
11-17-07, 12:53 PM
I passed on the "new" 2005 CTS-V. The dealer and I just couldn't make it work to our mutual satisfaction. If you know anyone who wants one...
You may have mentioned it in the other thread, but what dealer has the "new" '05 and where are they located?

45wheelgun
11-17-07, 06:23 PM
You may have mentioned it in the other thread, but what dealer has the "new" '05 and where are they located?

Bobby Layman Cadillac, Lancaster Ohio. The man you want to talk to is Tom Spires - 614-395-4585.

The 2005 CTS-V Redline, last time I drove it, it had 800 miles on it. Never been titled. Sat in the dealership's, owner's car barn until a week ago last Tuesday. The rear bushings were replaced per the TSB in anticipation of me purchasing it. Oil changed and the tires balanced and rotated. To my knowledge it has every available option. To my "uneducated" eye, it was perfect. Warranty, On-star and XM have not be activated.

I hope someone here can use this info.

Dave

45wheelgun
11-17-07, 06:26 PM
I knew this board had to be helpful for somebody.

Welcome to the board.

Thanks for the good wishes and the welcome gift! I would have thanked you via PM, but I can't at this moment.

Thanks again,
Dave

RobWilson
11-17-07, 07:14 PM
Congrats on the STS. Diamond white is an awesome color!

JonCR96Z
11-18-07, 04:24 AM
No problemo