: Crash!!!

kona san
11-16-07, 11:01 PM
This is my first post, I just got my silver 2005 V a month ago and haven't been happier. Until yesterday.

I was driving on the 405 heading home from San Diego around LAX which is pretty much always backed up. Traffic stops in my lane suddenly, I stop in time. I see in my rear view a Cavalier heading way to fast. Breaks screetch, I see the tires smoking, and I braced for what I knew was going to happen.

This lady, probably on her cell phone, just knocks me into the truck ahead of me. His trailer hitch goes into my front bumper.

So pissed at this lady. I have a crap maxima rental until for at least a month until I get my V back.

Oh yeah, and it was my birthday. Best EVER!

heavymetals
11-16-07, 11:32 PM
Glad your ok (maybe).

I wouldn't say you had to stop suddenly, I would say you were stopped for traffic and she plowed into the rear of you because she was on her cell phone.

kona san
11-16-07, 11:35 PM
Neck kinda hurts, I'm seeing a chiropractor tommorrow but its more annoying than anything.

Told that to the CHP officer at the scene. I got a couple witnesses so I'm not too worried about Liability.

GMBOUND
11-16-07, 11:41 PM
Tell the insurance company you want a B&B Cat-Back.
Glad ur ok

kona san
11-16-07, 11:44 PM
Bought a zoomers a day before but I'm waiting for them to get one in.

Prob gonna get some money for my stock to replace what I already spent.

Falkolade
11-16-07, 11:47 PM
you got nailed... glad you made it out ok!

rand49er
11-17-07, 07:44 AM
Sorry 'bout your car. Hopefully, it'll all get fixed and look exactly the same as before.

Women drivers on cell phones ... :suspense:.

:stirpot:

CIWS
11-17-07, 07:57 AM
Sorry 'bout your car. Hopefully, it'll all get fixed and look exactly the same as before.

Women drivers on cell phones ... :suspense:.

:stirpot:

:yeah:

How about just drivers on their damned electronic devices......

darkman
11-17-07, 08:10 AM
Glad there were no serious injuries in this case.

As a car driver with good brakes I think the use of cell phones (and like devices) by drivers in moving cars should be outlawed.

As a motorcyclist, where the stakes are even higher, I think the penalty for using cell phones (and the like) by the drivers of moving cars should carry the same penalties as DUI/DWI including huge fines, jail time and loss of license.

Flyboy
11-17-07, 09:19 AM
I have to agree with darkman......
I think the use of cell phones (and like devices) by drivers in moving cars should be outlawed

It's amazing how many people come close to crashing while TEXTING on their phones. Phoenix has already outlawed it......I don't know how to catch them though.

Slapshot
11-17-07, 12:19 PM
I think the lawmaker's have to look at the definition of "Impaired"... The common thinking is that Impaired means "Drunk"... Are you not just as Impaired by - lack of sleep, talking on a cell phone, farting around with CD's, smokin' dope?

I'd be curious to learn how many charges of Impaired are for other than drunk driving?

AAIIIC
11-17-07, 09:24 PM
I dread scenarios like that. Whenever I have to brake hard I'm always looking in my rearview mirror and getting ready to move to one side or the other to get out of the way of the idiots behind me.

kona san
11-17-07, 11:36 PM
I dread scenarios like that. Whenever I have to brake hard I'm always looking in my rearview mirror and getting ready to move to one side or the other to get out of the way of the idiots behind me.

It was slow motion. I was thinking, Ohh s/$&, this car is not gonna stop in time. All I could do was brace for what I knew was gonna happen.

JoeArlo
11-18-07, 11:25 AM
Similar thing happened to me a week after buying my V - got rearended by a Lincoln Continental. I've been patiently waiting for two rear quarters to get stitched in. The guy working on my car is sharing his time between my V and a F-430. Needless to say I went to the best body shop in the area :)

Sorry to hear about your accident - the V will be that much more appreciated once you get it back.

1QUICKV
11-18-07, 01:59 PM
I tell you the truth, thats some bad damage, i wounld not be surprise if its a total. If i was you i rather a total. damage alround.... and it's worse then you think you see

BayLac510
11-18-07, 05:50 PM
Effective July 1, 2008, the legislation prohibits drivers from using a wireless telephone while operating a motor vehicle unless the driver uses a hands-free device. Drivers who violate the law will face a base fine of $20 for a first offense and $50 for each subsequent offense. (California)

Hopefully this will deter future bimbo's from crashing into V's!!! :cop:

KOster88
11-18-07, 06:13 PM
Be sure to tell her insurance company that you want to file a diminished value claim. Since your car will never be worth what it was before being repaired they are obligated to pay you that amount. could be 6-10k. Don't miss out on this now. It will be too lake in a couple years when you want to trade your car or sell it, and it has a dirty car fax.

jlh81
11-18-07, 11:43 PM
When they total your car can I have your Licence Plate frame?

kona san
11-24-07, 10:25 PM
Be sure to tell her insurance company that you want to file a diminished value claim. Since your car will never be worth what it was before being repaired they are obligated to pay you that amount. could be 6-10k. Don't miss out on this now. It will be too lake in a couple years when you want to trade your car or sell it, and it has a dirty car fax.

Interested in a diminished value claim.

Are there any prereqs that need to be fulfilled to get this? ie. axle damage, etc.

Just seems like any accident is gonna diminish value. How do you put a number on that value. Is this something that's negotiated?

jlh81, it was 15 bucks on ebay, but if it is totaled. Its yours.

NormV
11-25-07, 01:31 PM
At least you knew something was coming and could brace yourself or you'd be in real pain.

Considering the rear quarter is one piece through to the front door jam and there looks to be some inner structural damage to the whole right corner, it will probably totaled.

Hope you get well soon and get another!

Take care,
Norm

crowan
11-25-07, 02:49 PM
Tell the insurance company you want a B&B Cat-Back.
Glad ur ok

From the look of those uneven pipes in one photo, I thought it was a B&B catback! :highfive::histeric:

Glad to hear that you are OK. Those kinds of collisions can be unbelievably violent; and nothing tears up a car like a trailer hitch.

z06bigbird
11-26-07, 10:45 PM
Re impaired, an EMT told me today that 88% of 911 calls for medical help are drug related--either prescription or illicit. That is in a section of San Antonio called Kirby.

Amazing.

Silver Dollar
11-27-07, 09:56 AM
.....That is in a section of San Antonio called Kirby..

Is Urby from Kirby?

Scotty7751
11-27-07, 12:15 PM
^^^^hahaha :histeric: