: Steering Wheel puff of smoke

STSforfun
11-16-07, 11:19 PM
Though I was going to have a melt down.:banghead: But that was it. I have Know Idea what cause it.:crying2: I'm hopping it was some dust arcing out. I blew it out with compress air. Has not repeated its self so I don't know if I should tear in to it or not. Also with out a manual I don't want to damage anything. Hope I don't get a face full of air bag. I better buy a fire bottle Just in case.

Anyone else have this problem?

Craig

caddydaddy
11-17-07, 01:22 AM
What year is it? There is a TSB for my '94 Deville and others of that vintage for this occurance. It's just a bit of grease burning on electrical contacts. My car did it once, scared the hell outta me, and never did it again!

STSforfun
11-17-07, 06:17 AM
What year is it? There is a TSB for my '94 Deville and others of that vintage for this occurance. It's just a bit of grease burning on electrical contacts. My car did it once, scared the hell outta me, and never did it again!

Thanks! Cool!:thumbsup::worship: I have a 95 STS Seville

Craig

ewill3rd
11-17-07, 07:40 AM
You might see it again, no real cause for alarm.
Just replace the turn signal switch. As mentioned the contacts have seen a lot of use and are getting burned/corroded and the switch grease got hot and started smoking.
A new switch will take care of all the issues.