: Greetings from Atlantic City!

JimHare
05-02-04, 05:54 PM
Just my intro here, folks. Own a '99 Deville (standard) bought used in Aug of 2001. Just over 83K miles on it now. Satisfied, for the most part, but after looking over the records from my dealership yesterday, it seems to have needed a fair amount of work - since it was mostly covered by the GM Extended Warranty I bought, I never really thought about it. Now, it hasn't been in the shop for ANYTHING since December of 2002, but here's what my friends (???) down at Kerbeck have done since I bought the car from them:

2 alternators
1 Radiator
1 Cooling system reservoir
1 strut
2 oil pressure sending valves
1 battery ( at $112 for INSTALLING it, I was a bit peeved)
1 water pump
1 AC Compressor and related parts

Other than the $200 deductible each time it was in, these parts and labor were mostly covered by the extended warranty, so I suppose it saved me money in the long run. The only thing that really peeved me was the $112 to replace the battery.

Anyway, I still like the car a bunch, and now that I've learned that I need to goose it a little more, I'll probably like it even better.

Thanks in Advance for all the great help on this forum..

Jim

tru504187211
05-02-04, 09:17 PM
Welcome Jim. That's one beautiful Deville. We look forward to helping you with any problems! :welcome:

CADDYBLACK99
05-03-04, 08:22 AM
Welcome Jim!
Thanks for joining. I too am pleased with my 99'. Everthing that I have had fixed was covered by my warranty. My dealership takes great care of me. Good luck!
:welcome:
Paul