: Intake question K&N vs FFV (yes I have searched)

randycsvt
11-16-07, 12:34 AM
I know I wont get much power out of it, but I am interested in an intake to improve sound. I am most interested in the homemade FFV with drop in K&N, but am considering the full K&N aircharger.

What I am looking for is something that will make this car sound meaner. I will get less heat soak from the homemade FFV, but I dont want to do it if it sounds about stock.

How loud is the homemade FFV compared to the K&N aircharger? Is it significantly louder than stock?

I have used systems like the aircharger before, and the heatsoak may suck, but the sucking/whistling sound they make is great.

StealthV
11-16-07, 12:44 AM
If you want sound, then any open cone-style filter will do the trick. A true FFV uses the stock airbox so the sound is similar to stock.

JonCR96Z
11-16-07, 12:51 AM
Stealthy, have you completely given up on the OTR? It would be a money maker, if you could do it.

StealthV
11-16-07, 10:28 AM
Three years ago. People in general don't want to relocate their radiators and my carbon fiber guru moved to Mississippi of all places.

Working on better things...

trukk
11-17-07, 01:01 PM
Best soultion is to combine them.

I have an FFV, attached to a Lingenfleter CAI.

No whislte. DEFINATE SUUUUUCKING sound.

-Chris

randycsvt
11-19-07, 12:46 AM
Does anybody make just a heatshield?

That would allow for total customization. I could make my own intake tube and attach it to my own filter. I just wouldn't want it sitting in the engine bay without some sort of protection from underhood temps.