: Automatic Bluetooth Sync

CMulcahy
11-15-07, 09:54 PM
I got my new 2008 STS on October 27th. We use 3 Bluetooth phones my Dad's Motorola V710,my mother's Motorola E815 and my Motorola RAZR V3C. They were all paired to the STS. Is there a way to pick up the auto connection sync to the Bluetooth system or do we have to do it manually.

Buzz48317
11-16-07, 03:24 PM
As far as I know you can only set one as the default phone. The other two will have to be linked manually everytime you need to use that phone. Set the V3 as he default as it is your phone and your car and just link the other two manually on the occasions that you want to use them.

ajmasala
11-16-07, 05:11 PM
I believe each driver can have his/her own default phone.
So if you are Driver 1 you would synch your phone the first time and in the bluetooth settings set it as the default phone and for Driver 2 you do the same with one of the other phones as the default. Based on which set of keys is used to start the car it should pick up the appropriate phone and autosynch.

HTH.

thefred
11-16-07, 05:45 PM
I got my new 2008 STS on October 27th. We use 3 Bluetooth phones my Dad's Motorola V710,my mother's Motorola E815 and my Motorola RAZR V3C. They were all paired to the STS. Is there a way to pick up the auto connection sync to the Bluetooth system or do we have to do it manually.

I'd go buy a bunch of lottery tickets if I were you. There are many of us that had numerous problems getting one phone to sync. And you got 3!!!

Buzz48317
11-17-07, 04:41 AM
To be fair I have synced the V3 (my phone) and E815 (wife's phone) with my car. I haven't tried the driver 1 vs driver 2 thing as she almost never drives my car. I will try it out this afternoon and let you know the results...at least how they work on a 2007.

Know that the reception is good on the car's side but I constantly get folks telling me that there is a bad echo on their end...dealer is clueless as to how to fix it.....oh yeah and sometimes the radio dosen't mute itself on incomming calls, but the V3 always links itself 100% of the time.

ewill3rd
11-17-07, 06:48 AM
First, tell your dealer to look at TSB #05-08-126-001B.
I have done this on several cars with very positive results. This disc set has better software than the original version of this bulletin. It won't eliminate the echo since it is a speakerphone, but it will help.

For an auto pairing you'll need to set the phone you want as the default. Easy to do from the config menu.
Not sure about the driver 1, driver 2 thing but that may well be true.
I have never had an opportunity to dig in that far.
Usually my customers only want one working. ;)

Hope this helps.

Onalaska
11-17-07, 09:05 AM
You can set one phone as default for driver 1 and another phone as default for driver 2 without a problem. The correct phone will automatically link to the car based upon which key fob you are carrying. We use it that way and it works fine. No option for additional drivers though. You would have to do that manually.

Buzz48317
11-17-07, 11:34 AM
First, tell your dealer to look at TSB #05-08-126-001B.
I have done this on several cars with very positive results. This disc set has better software than the original version of this bulletin. It won't eliminate the echo since it is a speakerphone, but it will help.

I will let them know when I bring it in to be serviced (about 40% oil life left at the moment). Thanks for the information.