: This should benefit everyone here (dealer visit overview)

sy1172
11-15-07, 12:11 PM
We'll, I went to my dealer with a laudry list of items to get my V back to snuff (got 20K miles after all :bigroll:) The dealer service and response was great overall.

Had my Navi/radio replaced due to peeling paint on buttons....all good

Had my center armrest replaced due to the leather and plastic pieces coming apart and unit broke. All good

Complained about the wheels since the paint is coming off in the spokes. Dealer just ordered 4 new wheels.

Had a cracked motor mount that made the engine vibrate (not the normal stupid shutter) more than normal. I advise all of you to have your dealer check this. I can't really feel the vibration now......that's a nice thing.

Dealer tells me the clutch noise I was having is a result of glazing. That true? This is evidently "normal" per GM Bulletin (again, 20K miles). To me this is simply a matter of cheap quality. I drove my Aero for over 100K with not a single noise or sign of wear from the clutch.

Dealer is willing to trade my 05 V w/ 20k miles for $25,500....hell no! :duh:

All in all I am a bit turned off by the lack (or should I say continuing lack) of quality from GM. Next time it's back to BMW or Audi, both of which had their little (again, little) issues but the above list was half of what I brought the car in for. GM still has a long way to go to get me back as a customer.

I know you'll all chime in that BMW and Audi, MB isn't good, read the reliability stuff, blah, blah, blah and that's fine but my experiece tells a far different story. RS4 here I come!

GMBOUND
11-15-07, 12:28 PM
Not sure if you're happy with the dealer service or unhappy with your car.
I thought getting a new set of wheels for having scratches would be a good thing.

05cts-v
11-15-07, 12:46 PM
We'll, I went to my dealer with a laudry list of items to get my V back to snuff (got 20K miles after all :bigroll:) The dealer service and response was great overall.

Had my Navi/radio replaced due to peeling paint on buttons....all good

Had my center armrest replaced due to the leather and plastic pieces coming apart and unit broke. All good

Complained about the wheels since the paint is coming off in the spokes. Dealer just ordered 4 new wheels.

Had a cracked motor mount that made the engine vibrate (not the normal stupid shutter) more than normal. I advise all of you to have your dealer check this. I can't really feel the vibration now......that's a nice thing.

Dealer tells me the clutch noise I was having is a result of glazing. That true? This is evidently "normal" per GM Bulletin (again, 20K miles). To me this is simply a matter of cheap quality. I drove my Aero for over 100K with not a single noise or sign of wear from the clutch.

Dealer is willing to trade my 05 V w/ 20k miles for $25,500....hell no! :duh:

All in all I am a bit turned off by the lack (or should I say continuing lack) of quality from GM. Next time it's back to BMW or Audi, both of which had their little (again, little) issues but the above list was half of what I brought the car in for. GM still has a long way to go to get me back as a customer.

I know you'll all chime in that BMW and Audi, MB isn't good, read the reliability stuff, blah, blah, blah and that's fine but my experiece tells a far different story. RS4 here I come!

I think your dealer did a good job getting you new wheels when my dealer only had mine repainted for the same problem.

I also had one of my engine mounts replaced, along with the radiator and rear diff.

What they are offering you in trade seems to be a good number( similar to the numbers I've been given ). If you want more you will have to sell it yourself.

I love the car but the fact that it is a Cadillac with these problems has left me with a bad impression of Cadillac since this was my first one.

slothV
11-15-07, 12:55 PM

Can you describe your clutch noise? Broken engine mounts can indirectly cuase significant amounts of clutch chatter when accelerating from a stop. This was the case with my car. Clutch noise dissapeared after my engine mounts were replaced.

sy1172
11-15-07, 01:56 PM
Can you describe your clutch noise? Broken engine mounts can indirectly cuase significant amounts of clutch chatter when accelerating from a stop. This was the case with my car. Clutch noise dissapeared after my engine mounts were replaced.

Kind of sounds like a rattling when just letting off the clutch. The noise is still there after the engine mount was replaced.

sy1172
11-15-07, 01:57 PM
Not sure if you're happy with the dealer service or unhappy with your car.
I thought getting a new set of wheels for having scratches would be a good thing.

I said the dealer service was good, it's just the car isn't all it's cracked up to be.

CopperHead
11-15-07, 05:49 PM
I don't understand why everyone defends a poor quality just because it is fast...it just makes it a fast POS. This was my first Cadillac...and it will surely be my last as well. New radiator, diff, 3 new sunroofs, new passenger seat leather, replacement tires, squeaky parking brake, rear bumper cover retightened, rear seats coming loose, onstar replaced, gauges have went out, not sure ...I know I forgot something. I have had my car 1 year and 3 months.

CopperHead
11-15-07, 08:04 PM
I don't understand why everyone defends a poor quality just because it is fast...it just makes it a fast POS. This was my first Cadillac...and it will surely be my last as well. New radiator, diff, 3 new sunroofs, new passenger seat leather, replacement tires, squeaky parking brake, rear bumper cover retightened, rear seats coming loose, onstar replaced, gauges have went out, not sure ...I know I forgot something. I have had my car 1 year and 3 months.

I looked into my warranty repairs and I can add these things...two new headlights, bushing broke on rear end, center console broken, misc interior panels have been replaced, all four window frames, climate control replaced, headlamp washers repaired, and replaced power seat. Thats all...for now.

JonCR96Z
11-15-07, 08:32 PM

Hit the road, then. GM didn't get that horrible rep over night, you should have known better.

rand49er
11-15-07, 08:39 PM
Hit the road, then. GM didn't get that horrible rep over night, you should have known better.:yeah: Then chime back in after you get that perfect German metal.