: SOULETR Goes To Bondurant...

Chef
11-15-07, 02:00 AM
Some mild footage....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6-LqMVAZ-U

StealthV
11-15-07, 02:09 AM
Polishing before track time? Nothing like being black and evil. :lildevil:

Replaced the front ball joints lately? May want to do that as preventive maintenance. :thumbsup:

Chef
11-15-07, 10:26 AM
Very true especially if you like camber jumpin'

Polishing before track time? Nothing like being black and evil. :lildevil:

added 1 rwhp on top of it:devil:....There was a little photo shoot before the track:sneaky:

Jon
11-15-07, 11:07 AM
Nice!

RodSmith32
11-15-07, 01:24 PM
As usual great video, the car looks mean.

50 4Ever
11-15-07, 02:16 PM
That brings back memories. Great vid.

AAIIIC
11-15-07, 02:28 PM
More car noise, less dubbed in music.

Running hot laps on a track without a helmet? BRILLIANT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WqO0Q_zNKA)

Chef
11-15-07, 06:36 PM

Tried to drown out the wind-noise a bit - Next I'm going with a bullet cam mounted on the outside and speakers on the inside or next to the exhaust.

CIWS
11-15-07, 07:02 PM
Looking Good Chef, nice video :thumbsup:

50 4Ever
11-15-07, 08:54 PM
Tried to drown out the wind-noise a bit - Next I'm going with a bullet cam mounted on the outside and speakers on the inside or next to the exhaust.

Hook a mic up to the camera and mount the mic in the trunk. Should be nice sounds... :thumbsup:

Chef
11-15-07, 08:59 PM
My trunk is already gutted as far as any fabric/cloth cargo net etc. All one sees is that sticky tacky putty - Might be a little on the tinny side?:suspense:

onebadcad
11-15-07, 09:04 PM
Nice video Chef, you rock my brother---actually, I have not watched it yet, as too busy whoring for points. On another topic, I have a buddy in Phoenix area, has a 5-year old non-TT 911 (I think it is bone stock), he thinks it is fast and can eat up a track. I need you to find him, kick his arse, and tell him to get a real car. I will post his personal information as soon as my lawyer okays such. Again, nice vid, as always.

JonCR96Z
11-15-07, 09:26 PM

Nah, Chef always has good music. Let it play:thumbsup:

AAIIIC
11-15-07, 09:37 PM
What are you actually using to record? With my old Digital8 camera, if I use the built-in mic the sound quality is horrible - all wind noise. So I plug an external mic into the mic jack on the camera and use a good Sony digital stereo mic. It's got the foam cover over it, which helps to wipe out the wind noise, and I can position the mic so it's not up high catching all the wind. Makes a huge difference in sound quality.

Chef
11-15-07, 10:28 PM
You know if I wasn't a starving mod heller Chef I'd be a movie producer/writer/director but I'm sure you're right because I don't know enough about film/camera to really maximize the efforts - Even editing, cutting clips is a chore:mad: but it's all good.

I'm using just a Sony 12x DCR-HC46 handycam with the ghetto built in mic. I really do need to reach out and play with the bullet cam (Hoyt) because I can suction that bullet cam on the outside or on top of the hood/roof/lower side etc. and run a mic inside -

oh well....I'll keep on learning as I go.

Mystical_Ice
11-16-07, 12:50 AM
looks great man! what a beautiful car. :)

StealthV: you ever check your email? or are you just ignoring me? :(

AAIIIC
11-16-07, 02:00 AM
This is what I've got (http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ECMMS907-Digital-Recording-Microphone/dp/B00001W0DT). Not sure it's the exact same model, as I'm away from home right now, but it looks the same. I've been using it for 7 years now, works like a charm. Unfortunately, looking at Sony's website, it says the camera you've got doesn't have a mic input, which is a bummer.

As for audio with the bullet cam, I really haven't found any good options. It looks like the Hoyt cameras come with the same sort of little amplified mic that I've used with my Cone/Chase Cam. Their gain seems to be too high, so get yourself some foamie mic cover things (you can get 'em at Radio Shack) to try to dampen the audio as much as you can. For that matter, you can use that same stuff to cover the mic on the Handycam, too.

Chef
11-16-07, 11:21 AM
:thumbsup:

Thanks

BBV
11-16-07, 12:17 PM
Great Video Chef.

As 50 4Ever said, brings back a lot of memories, all good.

Is that Mike Speck driving? :shhh: It sure looks like his hand on the wheel and the lap times are well…. really quick. I timed the second lap at about 1:03 that is hauling the mail.

I have been with Mike every one of my 7 times at Bondurant.
Aside from being a great instructor / coach He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

I have to get back soon especially since they finally replaced the Cobras with C6 Vettes with Z51.

Thanks for sharing.

-Bill

BondurantHPD
02-28-08, 04:25 PM
Great Video Chef.

As 50 4Ever said, brings back a lot of memories, all good.

Is that Mike Speck driving? :shhh: It sure looks like his hand on the wheel and the lap times are well…. really quick. I timed the second lap at about 1:03 that is hauling the mail.

I have been with Mike every one of my 7 times at Bondurant.
Aside from being a great instructor / coach He is one of the nicest guys I have ever met.

I have to get back soon especially since they finally replaced the Cobras with C6 Vettes with Z51.

Thanks for sharing.

-Bill

Yep, that was Mike Speck driving. He was actually my Advanced Road Racing instructor as well. He's so fast!!

Great video Chef, I think I saw that on www.arizonaautoracing.com too right? Will you be at ProAutoSports this weekend? Maybe I'll see you there.

We're just getting signed up on this site but if anyone has Bondurant CTS questions, ask away!

PLUS! We're going to offer a 10% forum discount to you guys\gals!!

Look forward to getting to know everyone!

Dan
:thumbsup:

Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving
Firebird Raceway
Chandler, AZ
www.bondurant.com
800-843-7223

Chef
02-28-08, 06:34 PM
Yep - twas Speck as I have him in my credits as well. He also did a great article on my car in Modified Luxury & Exotics. Loose hands to let her feel the asphalt...

Caddy has been sold....

I'll be at proautosports on Saturday but not with the bimmer. Torn tender in my shoulder - body bag got me...:mad:

Dan - what are you driving? cooper?

BondurantHPD
02-28-08, 07:38 PM
Yep - twas Speck as I have him in my credits as well. He also did a great article on my car in Modified Luxury & Exotics. Loose hands to let her feel the asphalt...

Caddy has been sold....

I'll be at proautosports on Saturday but not with the bimmer. Torn tender in my shoulder - body bag got me...:mad:

Dan - what are you driving? cooper?

You sold it? Ah well, I keep doing that too but then I get to get another toy. :D

I'll be there Sunday unfortunately due to a tux fitting for a wedding on saturday. I'm driving a Factory Five Cobra unpainted in white fiberglass. Not sure what it will do yet, first time out with it unfinished....aaaaaaa

Know anyone who does good paint and bodywork cheap?!?!?!? :)

Hope the shoulder heals!

Dan

Chef
02-29-08, 08:58 AM
Cheap is a tough one but I too need some work done on the bimmer. Just put on a cf MA Shaw hood and trunk but am looking for a cheap paint job and someone to add fender flairs - should be in today from Pennon Composites. APR wing is going on as well and just got my trunk springs for the lid.

I got my body work done for the caddy at Drew Brother's Custom - You know he does all the bondo cars as well:yup: and maybe could swing a little for you.

He did a great job btw...

Is that cobra a 427?

pics?

Chef

LUVMY04V
02-29-08, 09:16 AM
Cheap is a tough one but I too need some work done on the bimmer. Just put on a cf MA Shaw hood and trunk but am looking for a cheap paint job and someone to add fender flairs - should be in today from Pennon Composites. APR wing is going on as well and just got my trunk springs for the lid.

I got my body work done for the caddy at Drew Brother's Custom - You know he does all the bondo cars as well:yup: and maybe could swing a little for you.

Is that cobra a 427?

pics?

Chefpost pics of both the cobra and the bimmer

BondurantHPD
02-29-08, 06:55 PM

Is that cobra a 427?

pics?

Chef

Chef,

Unfortunately, its only a 302, but it sounds like a 427 with the cam we selected! :D

I spoke to Rob Drew about painting it at Drew Brother's Customs last year actually and he is fairly reasonable. Still over my "low" budget. Guess I'll have to save my pennies. :)

I'll try to bring some current pix of it work to attach here but here's one from before I had the lights, etc on it.

Dan