: Installed my UUC flywheel!!

STAGEUP
11-14-07, 05:26 PM
My buddy and I installed my UUC aluminum flywheel this weekend, along with a brand new pressure plate, clutch disc, and slave cylinder, alon with Royal Purple Syncromax trans fluid. HOLY MOLY!!!! What a difference this flywheel made!!!!!

1st off, it revs so much quicker, and the rpms drop back down almost instantly!!

2nd, the motor is a lot smoother at idle

3rd, no more "dieseling" when I shut the engine off.

4th, the car RIPS through the gears like nobody's business!!

5th, the car is actually easier to drive in the sense that its easier to to take off from a dead stop. And the gears go in like a hot knife through butter!

Just one complaint.....

NO TRACTION!!!!! lol

ZEUSROTTY
11-14-07, 05:30 PM
how much does it weigh?

STAGEUP
11-14-07, 05:32 PM
I weighed it on my scale here at home, and it came in at 18.3lbs!

HUGE difference from the factory POS flywheel in weight! HUGE!!!

ssmith100
11-14-07, 05:40 PM
What type of clutch???

Shane

STAGEUP
11-14-07, 05:42 PM
Stock clutch.

rand49er
11-14-07, 09:44 PM
My buddy and I installed my UUC aluminum flywheel this weekend, along with a brand new pressure plate, clutch disc, and slave cylinder, alon with Royal Purple Syncromax trans fluid. HOLY MOLY!!!! What a difference this flywheel made!!!!!

1st off, it revs so much quicker, and the rpms drop back down almost instantly!!

2nd, the motor is a lot smoother at idle

3rd, no more "dieseling" when I shut the engine off.

4th, the car RIPS through the gears like nobody's business!!

5th, the car is actually easier to drive in the sense that its easier to to take off from a dead stop. And the gears go in like a hot knife through butter! ...I'd expect the 1st and 4th observations ... in fact, that's why I'm gonna do this, too. :highfive:

Hmm-m ... not sure 'bout the other three, though ... guess I'll just have to wait for my install.

JonCR96Z
11-14-07, 09:56 PM
Makes me want a light weight flywheel even more.

CTSV_Rob
11-14-07, 09:58 PM
Congrats on the flywheel install!

1 - Oh Yeah
2- Maybe, didn't notice (LS2 though)
3- Never had it anyways
4- Scary how you can go through the gears!!!! (Haven't driven a vette but I would guess it would get you closer to that feel)
5- I wasn't sure if it was easier or just getting used to the car.

Rand,

with the Supercharger you will most likely notice it much more then I did, you neeeeed to install that flywheel!

I did the flywheel and header swap at the same time, what a difference.

One of the more difficult mods but by far one of the best for the money (if you install yourself). Real happy with mine and there is nooooo way i would go back to the stock boat anchor.

Hoping UUC will come out with a clutch plate but for now it is a great setup.

peter simov
11-14-07, 10:25 PM
i was just woundering can u get the fly wheel and thats it cuz i only have 9000mi on the cluch

JonCR96Z
11-14-07, 10:43 PM
maybe you could just hang on to it for when you did need it.