: Lincoln MKS

Lord Cadillac
11-14-07, 10:41 AM
http://photo.netcarshow.com/Lincoln-MKS_2009_photo_05.jpg

http://www.netcarshow.com/lincoln/2009-mks/

Less than a year after launch, the Lincoln MKS will be the first vehicle to offer Ford's new gasoline turbo direct injection engine technology.
The premium engine - which offers the power and torque of a V-8 with the fuel efficiency of a V-6 - will make the Lincoln MKS the most powerful and fuel-efficient all-wheel drive luxury sedan in the market.

Blackout
11-14-07, 06:40 PM
Looks nice! It will be interesting to check this out if it does come out

Lord Cadillac
11-14-07, 06:52 PM
Looks nice! It will be interesting to check this out if it does come out
It's a done deal. It's coming out next summer.

Blackout
11-14-07, 07:58 PM
It's a done deal. It's coming out next summer.

nice! Can't wait to check it out!

c5 rv
11-17-07, 06:56 AM
The Lincoln site has a nice preview and will let you configure it with pricing.

http://www.lincoln.com/reachhigher/?intcmp=B_Lincoln07_LHomeNews_RHHome_20071114

CVP33
11-17-07, 11:15 AM
The premium engine - which offers the power and torque of a V-8 with the fuel efficiency of a V-6 - will make the Lincoln MKS the most powerful and fuel-efficient all-wheel drive luxury sedan in the market.

Now that's a bold statement. I wonder if Audi will sit still for that.

thebigjimsho
11-17-07, 11:23 PM
Eh, it looks very little like the concept car. And the profile SCREAMS Buick LaCrosse. The interior looks really nice but nothing really groundbreaking. I do like the front end, though.

Could be a winner. It would be about time, too...

Jesda
11-23-07, 03:04 AM
Its a Buick with an angry face.

c5 rv
11-23-07, 08:28 AM

Maybe that's why I like it.

Crown Vic Owner
11-24-07, 03:15 AM

that and a ford / possibly god knows who really made the base motor v6.

The ONLY thing ford can make right, and only when they make them are v8s and i4s with turbos.

6 cyls, they just FAIL

c5 rv
11-24-07, 08:16 AM
Surprisingly, I've grown to like the 3.5 V6 in my MKZ. I had to hammer it on Thursday to make a left turn onto a wet 4-lane 55 MPH road and the 3.5 with the 6 speed and AWD got me up to 65 MPH in a big hurry with no slipping or sliding.

Blackout
11-25-07, 11:35 PM
The new 3.5 is a nice engine from what I hear. I haven't heard any complaints about it.

gothicaleigh
11-29-07, 01:24 PM
The premium engine - which offers the power and torque of a V-8 with the fuel efficiency of a V-6 -
:suspect:

270hp is a pretty weak V8 by modern standards.
270hp is also a generation late seeing as the big players in this segment now have 300+hp V6's (BMW, Cadillac, etc.).

Priced alongside Buick it would be great. Priced at $37k, it falls short of it's competition in every category I can think of.

will make the Lincoln MKS the most powerful and fuel-efficient all-wheel drive luxury sedan in the market.

Maybe fuel efficient, but powerful? Or is Audi no longer in the luxury sedan market?

Jesda
11-30-07, 07:03 AM
My understanding is that Ford built its V6 reputation on the Duratec, used in the Noble supercar and in racing.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/100-greatest/03-large/83-noble-m400.jpg

I could hang out at the Lincoln site all day long. Nice music!

AMGoff
12-04-07, 08:13 PM
I don't know about any of this Buick talk, but if you look at the MKS and the Jaguar XF in profile.. they're damn near identical.

And I'm not saying that like it's a good thing.

thebigjimsho
12-05-07, 10:15 AM
My understanding is that Ford built its V6 reputation on the Duratec, used in the Noble supercar and in racing.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/media/100-greatest/03-large/83-noble-m400.jpg

I could hang out at the Lincoln site all day long. Nice music!Too bad no one has stuck a TT SHO motor in there instead. The Duratec is just so :yawn:

Blackout
12-05-07, 10:55 PM
Too bad no one has stuck a TT SHO motor in there instead. The Duratec is just so :yawn:

The Duractec is a decent enough motor but like jim said, F/I the 3.9 Yamaha V6 from the SHO and all is right in the world

Playdrv4me
12-06-07, 02:34 PM
What a boring little car.

Anyone else noticed that except for the Navigator, Lincolns entire new product portfolio basically consists of a Mazda 6?

Crown Vic Owner
12-06-07, 03:21 PM

Anyone else noticed that except for the Navigator, Lincolns entire new product portfolio basically consists of a Mazda 6?

frogot the towncar

MachX
12-06-07, 03:32 PM

uh, big deal. the Lexus LS is based on the Toyota Camry. Platform sharing isn't a bad thing, as long as the car is trimmed properly.

Blackout
12-07-07, 10:48 AM

And I guess the Cadillac lineup is all exclusive platforms and none are shared?

c5 rv
12-07-07, 12:18 PM
The MKS is being built on the same platform as the Ford 500 / Taurus / Sable. The MKZ is built on the same platform as the Mazda 6 / Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan. While my MKZ is a good car, a lot of that common heritage comes through in things like the shifter and the sound & feel of the doors.

The Cadillac Sigma platform has been a distinguishing characteristic of the brand. However, if you look at Cadillac's future product plans, it seems everything BUT the CTS will be on a shared platform. Hopefully, we're not going back to the bad old days.

MachX
12-07-07, 01:56 PM
The MKS is being built on the same platform as the Ford 500 / Taurus / Sable. The MKZ is built on the same platform as the Mazda 6 / Ford Fusion / Mercury Milan. While my MKZ is a good car, a lot of that common heritage comes through in things like the shifter and the sound & feel of the doors.

The Cadillac Sigma platform has been a distinguishing characteristic of the brand. However, if you look at Cadillac's future product plans, it seems everything BUT the CTS will be on a shared platform. Hopefully, we're not going back to the bad old days.

Remember, too, and not putting down the MKZ at all, it's a gorgeous car, but it IS an entry level luxury car, not a full blown luxury sedan. In that respect, can you beat its quality/standard features for the price? I think not. And last I checked, the Mazda 6 is one highly rated platform. Zoom zoom zoom. And back to the MKS, yes it may be based on the new Taurus platform, but it will have its own exclusive engine, probably loads of sound deadening, and the sheetmetal goes way beyond what the Taurus does in terms of drop dead good looks. And as I said before, many a great Lincoln has shared platforms with everything from the Mustang, Thunderbird, LTD, as well as many Mercury's, starting with the mighty 1956 Continental Mark II which was Thunderbird based.

Jesda
12-16-07, 12:39 AM
I dont understand the use of a truck interior in the MKZ. And the Zephyr name was much better.

c5 rv
12-16-07, 01:06 PM
I dont understand the use of a truck interior in the MKZ. And the Zephyr name was much better.

I agree that Zephyr was a better name. But, the interior looks more classic Lincoln rather than truck.

thebigjimsho
12-16-07, 05:36 PM
But, the interior looks more classic Lincoln rather than truck.Totally disagree! I really think Lincoln did a great job on the exterior styling, but I hate the truck dashboard. Classic Lincoln, egads no!

The Tony Show
01-21-08, 11:33 AM
And I guess the Cadillac lineup is all exclusive platforms and none are shared?

CTS, SRX and STS are all built on an exclusive platform (Sigma). Ford has 0 exclusive products- just rebadges.

Next.