Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2004 DeVille - Bluetooth option wanted

5K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  gjames 
#1 ·
We just picked up a 2004 DeVille with OnStar, Audio Controls on the steering wheel, simple factory XM Radio/CD player, heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, moonroof, climate control, 6-disc changer in the glove box, etc.

My question is how would we add a bluetooth option to this factory setup and retain all of the factory functions to include OnStar? We would like the bluetooth to mute the radio to allow answering on the phone. Or do you have to scrap the OnStar? Not really sure what kind of options are out there.

We've done some research online and haven't come up with anything solid. Been searching the forums last night and tonight and still haven't come up with anything definitive. Anyone out there know what to buy and how to do this?

Any and all help is appreciated. :hmm:

#3 ·
The wife has Sprint for work. No way to change it. She lives in her car and has the new Mogul PDA Phone.

What do you mean by "you'll have to pm yoursolutions"?

Is there a kit you can buy to do this? Or pieces that can be assembled to accomplish the same task?

Thanks.

#5 ·
These all look like acceptable solutions. http://www.yourgmsolutions.com/bluetooth_solution.html

My question is how well do these work? Anyone have any of these installed on their Cadillac's? Do they like them?

Has anyone ever installed any of these systems on a 2004 DeVille STD? I see that a harness and an adapter are necessary.

Since this car has OnStar does that mean it's the Bose system and should be treated as such? There is no specific information out there clarifying this one way or the other.

Any pitfalls I should avoid?
Does anyone have any pictures of their successful installation?

Thanks again for the help it's really appreciated.:coffee:

#7 ·
My question is how well do these work? .:coffee:
I work mostly on Cadillacs. those bluetooth audio adapters works very well. I posted some videos on 2007 Escalade section
unfortunatly there is no plug and play solution for your vehicle (but can be done).
however, I did a little research and ....
you have 3 options.
1. $170 plus bluetooth kit (which ever one You like)
2. $130 ^ ^
3. $10 ^ ^
roughly estimated

and depends how handy You are, you can install it your self, and
CadillacSTS2003 will be more help to you guiding you through removing /reinstalling radio/bezel/etc process

or you can take it, I would say to a cadillac dealer. ( not just a GM dealer) and with a hardware and instructions provided, they can complete that job in about an hour/hour and half ( depends on technition)

#8 ·
Hey thanks for the help.

We are not sure but have narrowed it down to one of two products and maybe you can help clarify our decision.

FIRST: We like the CK3000 Evolution for the fact that it's a clean look provided you can use the factory controls on the steering wheel from Cadillac. Is this possible? If so what do we lose by doing this?

SECOND: We like the 3200LS because of the screen with color and the apparent ability it has to display the phonebook that you have on your phone via bluetooth. Our question about this one is does this pull the entire phonebook from the phone? And also does it work with the HTC Pocket PC Phones? We have the new MOGUL from Sprint. The HTC PPC-6800.

I work with electronics for work so I should be able to figure this out. As long as I have some idea of where everything plugs in or from a schematic.

Since this car has On Star I assume from what I have read it has an AMP but probably not BOSE speakers but since it has the AMP the wiring is as if you had BOSE Speakers? Is this true?

Thanks again.:banghead:
James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.