: Rebuilt Front end but...

Cadi Cat
11-13-07, 07:37 PM
It stilll seems to follow the cracks and crevases in the road and will pull which ever way the road is slanted or rutted. It certianly is much better than it was. I replaced both inner and outter tie rods, center link, control arm bushings all the way around and idler arm. It feels a little loose in the center. The only thing left that I can think of is the strut mounts may be no good. Or loose wheel bearing but that's not the case. There is no play in the wheels. I have not replaced my struts because they don't feel bad at all, only the rear shocks and I have 132k on it. Do you think that new struts would tighten up the front end the rest of the way? Unless it was aligned wrong, I'm taking it in for a check someplace else tomorrow but any tips would be helpful.

yellowxhoodie
11-13-07, 07:40 PM
my car pulls to certain sides too. sounds normal to me, if a raod is angled a certain way gravity will have its affects. idk...

Cadi Cat
11-13-07, 07:44 PM
yeah that makes sense but whenever I switch lanes on the highway it kind of snags in cracks between the lanes. It never used to do that. It's kind of bumming me out. I was expecting it to be perfect again.

yellowxhoodie
11-13-07, 07:47 PM
define snags...

Cadi Cat
11-13-07, 07:56 PM
define snags...

It get's caught. It wants to follow the crack. Or if the road is crowned from heavy traffic it pulls pretty hard and will drift. But it handles pot holes like it was new. So there's something that's allowing the entire rack to shift with the road.

MyOpel
11-13-07, 08:24 PM
Idler arm, steering box or rag joint (if our cars even have one) Try the rag joint first itís usually located between the steering box and the steering column.

elvin315
11-14-07, 07:21 PM
I have read on the Omega Owners Forum that, when changing the lower control arm bushings, the car should be lowered with full weight on the tires before tightening the bolts. Tightening them with the wheels in the air puts more stress on the bushing rubber after the car is lowered, accelerating the wear. Could it be that your new bushings are already damaged again?

Elvin

Cadi Cat
11-14-07, 08:48 PM
I have read on the Omega Owners Forum that, when changing the lower control arm bushings, the car should be lowered with full weight on the tires before tightening the bolts. Tightening them with the wheels in the air puts more stress on the bushing rubber after the car is lowered, accelerating the wear. Could it be that your new bushings are already damaged again?

Elvin

Wow, that's a good point, cuz I'm sure the shop that put them on for me did it with the car off the ground. I will never know. But thank god that's not it! I've needed tires for the rear for some time and finally got around to buying new today and an alignment. It's perfect again! Even tho I had new on the front I guess worn tires on the rear affect the tigheness of the front end. :hmm: But thanks for all the advice. I'm much relieved that I don't have to put anymore money into the front. It feels so nice, drives like the day I bought it!!:cool: