: Dealership is saying to put the suspension back to stock?

ZEUSROTTY
11-13-07, 04:48 PM
Or they wont look into the car anymore? All I have is Ground Control... Is that right? because of a trans problem?

onebadcad
11-13-07, 05:21 PM
Sounds like BS, don't see how the two are related or impacted-ask them to explain their viewpoint.
I think its time for a new dealer.
By the way, what is wrong with your tranny.

nikon
11-13-07, 05:23 PM
find a new dealer....they're just looking for an out.

heavymetals
11-13-07, 05:28 PM
On the one hand it is good of them to give you a heads up as far as whats going on with mods vs warranty.

I was told that field reps are routinely refusing warranty stuff with little or no reason other then "mod".

Simple answer to your problem is to return it to stock when you have a problem.

Small caveat to getting warranty work.

Twitch
11-13-07, 05:30 PM
Dont forget to complain to Caddi about the *******s!

ZEUSROTTY
11-13-07, 05:40 PM
They are also blaming the BMR support for to much pitch...

c5 rv
11-13-07, 07:30 PM
If you change the driveline angle by raising / lowering a vehicle, it is an easy target for a dealer to point to as the cause for most any driveline problem. Also, some insurance policies specify that adding a modification to change ride height is a reason to disallow a claim.

I think most manufacturers assume that if you add performance modifications to your vehicle, you are also likely to drive your vehicle in an aggressive or abusive manner - which increases their potential warranty costs. I noticed that my State Farm policy has a clause in it that disallows a claim if I operate my cars on a road built for or used for racing.

ZEUSROTTY
11-13-07, 07:50 PM
how much does lowering your car change the angle? of the diff that is?

ewill3rd
11-13-07, 07:58 PM
It only changes the operating angles of the rear axle shafts, and they are CV joints so it is meaningless.
On a traditional rear end the pinion angle would change but since the diff is attached to the frame in a fixed position lowering the car would have absolutely no affect on the diff at all.

What is their reasoning?
I am lost.

ZEUSROTTY
11-13-07, 08:02 PM
First they said my BMR Support was causing a pinion angle change... Then they said it was the suspension. (it being lowered)... They said it is binding between the drive shaft and the diff... Doesnt make any sense to me at all... Unless they put the diff in incorrectly the last time they did it... The problem is grinding during turns and shaking. Currently they are telling me to take the BMR support off because its is causing it to have no slop, and that it needs slop. And that the lowering of the car is causing to much pitch on the pinion angle...

rand49er
11-13-07, 08:44 PM
First they said my BMR Support was causing a pinion angle change... Then they said it was the suspension. (it being lowered)... They said it is binding between the drive shaft and the diff... Doesnt make any sense to me at all... Unless they put the diff in incorrectly the last time they did it... The problem is grinding during turns and shaking. Currently they are telling me to take the BMR support off because its is causing it to have no slop, and that it needs slop. And that the lowering of the car is causing to much pitch on the pinion angle...What a bunch of horse manure! My dealer didn't even bring up the fact that mine is lowered or anything else on my last diff visit.

In any case, if another dealer is not in the cards, I'd just take it back to stock, get a new diff or have them fix the tranny or whatever and re-mod it again when you get 'er home.

ZEUSROTTY
11-13-07, 08:55 PM
So... do any of you guys know of any mod friendly dealers in Northern Illinois?

ewill3rd
11-13-07, 09:16 PM
Zues, dude... that is the craziest thing I have heard today... except the thing where the guy wants to pump the exhaust back to the intake for power....

There are 3 giant bolts that hold the diff in the rear frame.
Raising or lowering the car has no effect on the pinion angle, it is what it is period. Unless someone left one of the bolts out of course.
The propshaft angle doesn't change, and frankly it doesn't matter. Every joint on the driveline is a CV joint, except the rubber couplers on each end of the propshaft.
Unless you did a body lift between the frame and the body the only thing that changed was the axle shaft angles which might slightly alter the torque but won't negatively affect the axles much since they are CV shafts.
(constant velocity)

The front support I might agree with. It does eliminate the ability of the diff to shift under loads which can cause increased stress on the case in a different spot than the factory mount point.
They are stuck in the past on this whole pinion angle thing.
If you want to irritate them have them raise it up and show you how lowering the car changed the pinion angle, then stand back and watch.
If you want to be nice... well I guess you'd have to take all your stuff off.

Most old time Cadi shops aren't used to "mods" so they don't know what to do when they encounter one.

I don't mean to be down on your dealer, and don't use my name if you go after them :LOL:
I just want to let you know that they appear to be confused about some things.

What is the "trans problem" you are having?
You might check google maps and see how far we are from your house ;)

CVP33
11-13-07, 09:43 PM
You've got it easy. After my first failure, the dealer blamed the headers, exhaust, CAI and wider tires. Now imagine removing the headers, exhaust and CAI every time you had a failure. In my case 6 times! I refused to dismount the tires, however the last failure the ASM explained to me that my 255 width tires were causing undue stress to the rear diff' and I should switch back to 245's. This was of course after they had the technicians in Detroit scanned my PCM for any changes. May God bless GM and their outstanding network of dealers and trained technicians.

ZEUSROTTY
11-13-07, 10:06 PM
Zues, dude... that is the craziest thing I have heard today... except the thing where the guy wants to pump the exhaust back to the intake for power....

There are 3 giant bolts that hold the diff in the rear frame.
Raising or lowering the car has no effect on the pinion angle, it is what it is period. Unless someone left one of the bolts out of course.
The propshaft angle doesn't change, and frankly it doesn't matter. Every joint on the driveline is a CV joint, except the rubber couplers on each end of the propshaft.
Unless you did a body lift between the frame and the body the only thing that changed was the axle shaft angles which might slightly alter the torque but won't negatively affect the axles much since they are CV shafts.
(constant velocity)

The front support I might agree with. It does eliminate the ability of the diff to shift under loads which can cause increased stress on the case in a different spot than the factory mount point.
They are stuck in the past on this whole pinion angle thing.
If you want to irritate them have them raise it up and show you how lowering the car changed the pinion angle, then stand back and watch.
If you want to be nice... well I guess you'd have to take all your stuff off.

Most old time Cadi shops aren't used to "mods" so they don't know what to do when they encounter one.

I don't mean to be down on your dealer, and don't use my name if you go after them :LOL:
I just want to let you know that they appear to be confused about some things.

What is the "trans problem" you are having?
You might check google maps and see how far we are from your house ;)

rattle sound with clutch out, when it is in it goes away... It is a fairly loud rattle. The peddle stays down occasionaly, and there is some vibration... Also it is getting harder to switch gears... Feels like its getting hung up... The car has a grinding sound on left and right turns,

peter simov
11-13-07, 10:39 PM
whats up zeusrotty i live in joliet il i have an 07 v i have not met any one from il on the form aka newb but i would have just pm u but i cant id like to meet up before the season is up pm me

ZEUSROTTY
11-13-07, 11:11 PM
I live in Bolingbrook, so we arent far away... eric@easymtgdirect.com is my email...

orbiter
11-13-07, 11:26 PM
The local stealership has been a real pain in the ass for me just for having Hotchkis swaybars. Changing dealers is the first thing I'd try, GM is shamefully bad about their dealerships.

LV_V
11-14-07, 12:06 AM
My last trip to the leader they put in a new diff, but they warned that "they will be MUCH more strict on any warranty work once I am in the extended warranty period". The funny thing is, GM gave me the extended warranty because I had so many frickin problems with the car. The SM went as far as telling me a regional rep will have to come take pictures and verify any future warranty work when I am in the extended warranty period. BTW I will be in the extended warranty period in 1k miles; wonderful; just f'ing wonderful.

The SW even pulled me aside and grilled me about racing and drifting??? WTF. I have never drifted or raced the car or even driven it harder than it was meant to be driven. Please, oh PLEASE, GM give me a reason to get rid of it! I love everything about the car except the constant probs and the dealer hardships.

wildwhl
11-14-07, 12:27 AM
Hmmmm...rattling clutch? Sounds like a TSB issue - especially with the deflated clutch pedal on occasion.

Good dealers simply step up and take care of the issue. Hope you can find another dealer (ewill3rd not close enough, is he?).

WW

ewill3rd
11-14-07, 08:47 AM
You could always make a trip to DC!

722 mi – about 11 hours 48 mins:D

Flyboy
11-14-07, 09:19 AM
Yup......take it to Lindsay.......Nice trip this time of the year.

ZEUSROTTY
11-14-07, 11:31 AM
You could always make a trip to DC!

:D

I may be willing to do that at this point... I emailed the customerservice line today, and i will wait to see what comes of it... Nice drive but 10 hours there and who knows how long to fix it, and then 10 hours back... At this point it may be woth it... I will see what they say. And go from there.

atdeneve
11-14-07, 11:43 AM
rattle sound with clutch out, when it is in it goes away... It is a fairly loud rattle. The peddle stays down occasionaly, and there is some vibration... Also it is getting harder to switch gears... Feels like its getting hung up... The car has a grinding sound on left and right turns,

Same exact problem to the fcuken T. Except, I get the grinding only on the right turns (though, it seems to be starting to show just a hint of it starting to happen on left turns, as well).

You get the grinding when you're turning with the clutch engaged, right? Happens whether it's in gear or neutral. Doesn't matter, so long as the clutch is engaged. If you press on the clutch pedal ever so slightly you can dampen the grinding.

As for the shifting, it get's really hard to put into pretty much every gear, right? Like the gate is blocking you? But then, when you engage the clutch the shifter gets pushed back even more, which seems to suggest that you were sort of in, but not? Doesn't make sense. Try gently pressing the shifter into the gear you want to get into, then disengage the clutch and it may go in.

And I have the rattle to. It's not the normal sound of just the transmission turning either. It's just too loud.

Cool! I got the same symptoms. Yes! Yes! I'm so excited! It's pathetic! When I see someone else describe the same exact things I'm experiencing, I get all delighted, but ruffled up, at the same time. It's quite validating, but then, it's like, I'm not fcuking imagining this ish! It's not normal! You can fcuking duplicate it! Now fix it!

Whew! Exhale. Deep breath. I'm good.

Hope you get it fixed.

ZEUSROTTY
11-14-07, 11:51 AM
Are you telling me about your car or coming out of the closet?

I keed! I keed! Yeah man, pretty much the same... While driving under load and going slow is when I hear it most. Diff was all replaced recently so it cant be that... It has to be the transmission... The knocking, shaking and all... ****ing sick of dealing with it.

coolcat
12-14-07, 01:34 PM
This may be to logical for GM, but if their excuse to disqualify warrenty work on your car is due to the wrong drive shaft angle due to the lowering of the car then can you not just temporarily re-adjust your car back to stock height? This should be easy with the GC kit. That should take the wind out of their sails. What can they blame it on then, all the angles will be stock again. Afterwards lower it back to where you had before.

1FASTSS
12-14-07, 02:58 PM
Well, you could return to stock and get repairs done and then redo mods and look for a new dealer. But most likely they will note that customer had suspension mods before problem or something and the next dealer will know up front so maybe I would just find another dealer that doesn't know any better.

thebigjimsho
12-14-07, 06:22 PM
I noticed that my State Farm policy has a clause in it that disallows a claim if I operate my cars on a road built for or used for racing.Shop around. My insurance will limit payout for injury and property damage by a little. They will also not insure from damage to another vehicle but will cover damage in a non-collision.

Florian
12-15-07, 12:46 AM
welcome to the CTS-V.....I hardly miss mine. so long and good riddance.

F

thebigjimsho
12-15-07, 11:44 AM
welcome to the CTS-V.....I hardly miss mine. so long and good riddance.

FHave you been sniffin' CVP's jock, or somethin'?

Flyboy
12-15-07, 12:18 PM
OMG! ! ! Go to a different dealer.......Lindsay will take good care of you.

Florian
12-15-07, 04:35 PM
Have you been sniffin' CVP's jock, or somethin'?

no way....but I did put some IcyHot in yours.

F

thebigjimsho
12-16-07, 12:24 AM
no way....but I did put some IcyHot in yours.

FThat's why I feel so saucy...