: 2005 sts in dark blue and light green

diamond in the back
05-02-04, 05:15 AM
here are a few pics of the 2005 sts in dark blue and light green. that dark blue is calling me... it looks kinda mean:coolgleam I likes. the green pics are too large to post so here is the link enjoy! http://speed.supercars.net/Board?viewThread=y&fID=4&tID=114620

gothicaleigh
05-02-04, 10:10 AM
The more and more I see this car, the more it reminds me of a Deville...

Where did the Art&Science go?

I understand that not everyone wants it to look like a CTS, but would a four-door XLR have been too hard? Some of the early concept sketches looked like that. It will probably still do well though as other cars in it's class are bland-looking for the most part. It just seems that the STS is confused sbout it's identity(taking cues from 2 different design philosophies). It does look good on the road, but upon closer inspection it's character falls apart IMO.

Leloz
05-02-04, 10:27 AM
It looks a tad more bulky than the current generation STS. I hope they put a suspension and engine to bring it to par with the European sedans. It is about time the 12 year Northstar gets a revamp! When it was introduced, it was a world leader in design and innovation.. let's hope Caddy can do it again!
-Lelo

Sandy
05-02-04, 10:33 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't like it at all! Not at all! That's No Seville-replacement, much less a "normal" Cadillac. It's too small, too chopped up in design, looks very Japanese, much moreso than American Cadillac, what's with the huge piece of plastic under the hood? They don't want us to see the engine? Too disturbing for the tree hugger sect? The dash wood? Too Cocca in color looks major-fake. Interior looks tight, cramped. Big high slab sided, no character lines. I can just see these things running around here in NJ wit vogue WWs on them, simulated roadster roofs, pin stripes and all that stuff trying hard to make them look Cadillac. If I wanted a car that looked like that, I'd buy a Mitsubishi Lancer....please, give me a Cadillac - This car is a :tisk: and could cause me to start :drinker and :rant2:

Slick V
05-02-04, 11:44 AM
I have still not made up my mind on wheater or not I will like this car, I am waiting to see it in person. I know that you will see just about every luxary car have more and more plastic cover the engine. The main perpose of this is that it keeps the engine noise down, its basically just a engine muffler to the cabin. The other reason they do it is because when most people buy a luxary car they dont go under the hood very often, but when they do they dont want to see a bunch of wires all over the place. It keeps the engine bay looking neat and sharp. As for me I enjoy seeing a open carb. chromed engine under the hood, but I also like the covers in the lux cars.

diamond in the back
05-02-04, 05:00 PM
I have to say that every other time I see the pics it doesn't quit look like a $50,000 car on the outside. but i still like it more then i dislike it...i'll have to see it at the dealer and test drive it to pass final jugement.

Mitch3
05-02-04, 06:22 PM
I agree with Sandy on this one. I was going to say it looks more and more like a Nissan Altima. See that red car in the background ? I think its a Nissan. Pretty close resemblance to the STS. I thought Cadillac was on its way back. Now I'm beginning to have my doubts.

gust_1980
05-11-04, 04:29 PM
im still on the fence about the new sts. it doesnt look like a seville to me but rather a bigger cts. actually, THIS should be the cts and let's see a different sts that is a little more eye catching. i mean, come on....isnt the sts supposedly the flagship model for caddy? you cant have people, especially caddy fans/owners, going around doubting this car. i want to see more aggressive lines, and more wood on the inside. from the pics ive seen, it definitely doesnt look like a 50k+ car! it was a bold move, just not necesarily in the right direction.

RBraczyk
05-11-04, 06:19 PM
I think its ugly.

cadillacchromer
05-13-04, 10:38 AM
I'm sorry, but I don't like it at all! Not at all! That's No Seville-replacement, much less a "normal" Cadillac. It's too small, too chopped up in design, looks very Japanese, much moreso than American Cadillac, what's with the huge piece of plastic under the hood? They don't want us to see the engine? Too disturbing for the tree hugger sect? The dash wood? Too Cocca in color looks major-fake. Interior looks tight, cramped. Big high slab sided, no character lines. I can just see these things running around here in NJ wit vogue WWs on them, simulated roadster roofs, pin stripes and all that stuff trying hard to make them look Cadillac. If I wanted a car that looked like that, I'd buy a Mitsubishi Lancer....please, give me a Cadillac - This car is a :tisk: and could cause me to start :drinker and :rant2:My sentiments exactly..where's the chrome...the long wheelbase...cadillacs are supposed to be the cars of pimps and playas in a sort..now the sts looks like its for business execs in tight suits and and the fast and the furious types

cadillacchris
05-13-04, 04:24 PM
:coolgleam
It looks a tad more bulky than the current generation STS. I hope they put a suspension and engine to bring it to par with the European sedans. It is about time the 12 year Northstar gets a revamp! When it was introduced, it was a world leader in design and innovation.. let's hope Caddy can do it again!
-Lelo:bonkers:

You do realize that this car will be equiped with the magnetic ride control. . .
I am reading alot of people knocking the way this car looks or that fact that they can't imagine this car ridding around New Jersey with whitewalls on it, with a canvas top, well the fact is that the people that you are refering to only make up a small portion of the target buyer for this car, and in order to increase sale you must expand that demagraph to a little larger than New jersey middle-age men who are of Italian descent.( P.s Tony Soprano drives a new caddy, and you will more than likely see a new sts in the next season) This car is going to be the final push that Cadillac needs to put it past mercedes in sales in the USA and also be the car that brings caddy to the forefront of the luxury car industry. . .

STS 310
05-14-04, 01:54 PM
Disappointing, to say the least. The designers sort of lost themselves in a "euro" kind of way. Sorry, but this car does not leave the "CADDY" impression on me. If you like it great, but for style, the 90 and 00-03 are much better in terms of style.

Im sure it probably is nice riding and all but, isnt the exterior 1 of the most important parts?

Maybe next year?

diamond in the back
05-14-04, 03:58 PM
it's weird the way i'm feeling it one day them im not feeling it the next. I really wanna see the STS-V body style and power specs now. but today I like the sporty luxo look of the 05 sts.

fast66
05-15-04, 03:17 PM
I really thought it would have looked better than that.

miscreant
05-15-04, 04:56 PM
He He...You know what's funny, is this looks like a CTS thread a couple years ago. Noone liked the CTS when it first came out!

Also, those pictures still, again, make it look smaller than it really is. It is almost as long a current Deville, has a longer wheelbase, is almost as wide, and is TALLER. This is a big car people. Beside the CTS, it dwarfs it!...

You "big boat" people need to wait for the DTS. The STS is NOT a replacement for the Seville - it's what the Seville should have been in the first place. More separated from the Deville. The DTS is rummored to be longer, wider, taller and MUCH more roomier than the current deville. Unfortunately, you have to wait until mid 2005 for it :rolleyes: .

Oh, and BTW, the ticket for entry starts at only $41k...

diamond in the back
05-17-04, 05:50 PM
the high res silver sts photos http://www.gminsidenews.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=5 makes it look sweet! which makes me believe one could only really like or dislike it up close (in different colors) in the dealer showroom.

miscreant
05-18-04, 06:14 PM
I see subtle simularities, but I there are many things different...

rollman
05-24-04, 10:14 PM
Is it me or does the 2005 Seville look like a bigger version of the CTS ?

SoundAdvantage
05-25-04, 01:55 AM
The more and more I see this car, the more it reminds me of a Deville...

Where did the Art&Science go?

I understand that not everyone wants it to look like a CTS, but would a four-door XLR have been too hard? Some of the early concept sketches looked like that. It will probably still do well though as other cars in it's class are bland-looking for the most part. It just seems that the STS is confused sbout it's identity(taking cues from 2 different design philosophies). It does look good on the road, but upon closer inspection it's character falls apart IMO.

I agree with Leigh on this one, I really don't like judging a car without driving it because it's not really fair to do this, so maybey this New STS just has to grow on me a bit before i can make a final decision. The side by side pics above that Ron posted of the STS on the left and the CTS on the right give me a better overall look at the STS and to me it looks better than the CTS from the side with the longer wheel base. I would have to "Drive" both cars and maybe flip a coin on this one :) JMO

etcCanuck
05-26-04, 09:52 PM
Its that tail in the air that bugs me, nothing says "cheap" and "Japanese" than a car with a really high trunk line. Its just a invitation for some idiot to put a 20 ft high triple-decker spoiler on it.:)

Cadence
05-29-04, 06:47 PM
:rant2:

Please excuse me, I know this is my first post here and everything, but the new STS just doesn't seem to get my attention right now. It's just too similar to the CTS, and the side by side comparo certainly doesn't help matters much. My thoughts of the STS was that of a more agressive styling, low to the ground, ready to attack all comers regardless of their past history, road blaster and highway cruiser. Much like they did the XLR to compete with Lexus's cute jelly bean conv and Merc's SLK.

I was looking more forward to similar styling cues from the Cien and the Eightteen here, not a warmed over CTS. I just have some doubts about this Caddy that shouldn't be there, after seeing the concepts they put out there for the viewing public. I think they made a bad decision on the styling cues here. Just like GM. When they finally get it right, WHAM! right in the kisser with something else unexpected.

eddie
06-18-04, 09:58 PM
I think the styling of this car is entirely appropriate for the market segment the car competes in. The only car in this class that takes any real styling chances is the BMW 5-Series and it's styling is hardly highly regarded. When you the at the majority of the cars that the STS will compete with I think it compares quite favorably.

diamond in the back
06-19-04, 04:58 AM
is it me or is the 2005 sts a lowered srx? I like the look of the srx and cts and it after seeing the new sts in the dealer and test driving i still feel the same then thats my next car. i'll wait until next spring if I like it...by then the weather in MI will be getting good and the sts-v will have been unvieled giving me yet another choice.

jerseyvette
07-23-04, 05:04 PM
Is it me or does the 2005 Seville look like a bigger version of the CTS ?Rollman you just hit the nail on the head. On top of the cloned style imagine shelling out $66K for something that looks like a $40K car. I want more of a roomier and differentiated design.

jerseyvette
07-23-04, 05:07 PM
:rant2:

Please excuse me, I know this is my first post here and everything, but the new STS just doesn't seem to get my attention right now. It's just too similar to the CTS, and the side by side comparo certainly doesn't help matters much. My thoughts of the STS was that of a more agressive styling, low to the ground, ready to attack all comers regardless of their past history, road blaster and highway cruiser. Much like they did the XLR to compete with Lexus's cute jelly bean conv and Merc's SLK.

I was looking more forward to similar styling cues from the Cien and the Eightteen here, not a warmed over CTS. I just have some doubts about this Caddy that shouldn't be there, after seeing the concepts they put out there for the viewing public. I think they made a bad decision on the styling cues here. Just like GM. When they finally get it right, WHAM! right in the kisser with something else unexpected.

See my quotes on my other posts on styling lacking and French looking under 2005 STS. I need you to chime in and back me up here. The sponsoring dealers are trying to bash my comments in hopes to sell more cars but we need to set the record straight.

miscreant
07-23-04, 06:11 PM
Rollman you just hit the nail on the head. On top of the cloned style imagine shelling out $66K for something that looks like a $40K car. I want more of a roomier and differentiated design.

But yet you compare to the imports - like the 745 looking like a larger 545 or the 545 looking like a larger 3 series...Of the mercedes,,,yes, they all look completely different to each other.

miscreant
07-23-04, 06:12 PM
The sponsoring dealers are trying to bash my comments in hopes to sell more cars but we need to set the record straight.

Ah, yes, that's it. You caught me. I'm just raking up the sales in these forums...I'm not even a freaking salesman. Get over it. You keep saying you're entitled to your opinion, but you have to "set the record straight" with us?

crashinv
07-25-04, 11:54 AM
I just saw the new STS. It was brought to our dealership for the grand re-opening of our newly remodeled showroom.

The pictures do not do it justice. I hated it when I saw the pictures.

We parked it next to a CTS to show the differences. This car is incredible. The styling is great. It is only 1.8 inches smaller than the BMW 7 series on the interior.

The public really liked it. In fact, a few people placed orders the following day and I have another person coming in Monday to place an order.

:worship: Cadillac

strindl
07-25-04, 11:59 PM
I'm seriously considering a new STS. Blue Chip is my color too...so those pics on the opening of this thread have made the right impression on me. I actually like the back end look even more then the front.

I picked up a brochure at my dealer a week ago and got an education in all of the bells and whistles, and some nice interior pics. Does anyone know if the tail lights on the sts are LED type?

crashinv
07-26-04, 01:08 PM
The STS tail lights are LED lights.