: New CTS-V Owner

blown03
11-13-07, 03:06 PM
Well i finally bought a V sold my camaro yesterday and am picking it up tonight from the dealorship i cant wait. Its a 2005 with 40,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty to 2012 or 100,000 miles car is silver i cant get the pics to upload tho.

onebadcad
11-13-07, 03:09 PM
Congrats on purchasing the finest piece of mechanical engineering ever built on Planet Earth. Hit us with all your questions, as we are an easy crowd:yup:.

Hope you bought Black Raven, as the other colors blow, just ask another Black owner!!!

blown03
11-13-07, 03:12 PM
haha well.. I guess a few sites to order parts from would work, the stock shifter is pretty sloppy. I would also like to do headers,exhaust,Cai and that might be it for now.. what do you guys think? what do these cars trap in the 1/4 stock?

WHYTRY
11-13-07, 03:43 PM
sound just like me when I got mine. You will realize it a road car race and not a drag car. I can't remember what my trap was. My only run was filled with so much wheelhop I just left after the first pass. 13.8 @10? Great car, good luck with it. I was drag race only before I got this car now I like left AND right turns. If you don't mine me asking how much did you pay? Where do you live?

JimmyH
11-13-07, 03:46 PM
http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/gif/welcomecf.gif

dont try to launch the car too much, unless you want to get well acquainted with your dealer's service department.

blown03
11-13-07, 03:50 PM
ehh i ended up paying 29,000 for it and i live in Michigan.

onebadcad
11-13-07, 04:01 PM
Contact Luke at Lindsay Cadillac for all your parts, if they do not have 'em, they will get 'em, or at least tell you another vendor.
My preferences for bolt-ons are:
1) Kooks or B&B headers, I have B&B as they were the first, if you go Kooks ask other members about connecting to exhaust, have Kooks on my C6 so I cannot bash them
2) B&B exhaust is the loudest, therefore the best, but others opt for Corsa and Magnaflow, as they are wussies that are afraid to open up their wallets, B&B is my choice as you cannot hear the passenger/wifey at WOT
3) CAI is debated often as minimal gain, I got LPE, as they sent me a few stickers with the purchase that look 'HOT' on my toolbox
4) UUC seems to make the best shifter or at least the most popular, Katech and others offer a short-throw too

Keep on asking, as we can address power adders, NOS, tuning, suspension, Wheel Hop Kits, etc...

I re-read your first post, Platinum it is,,, its okay, as you have a legitimate excuse for getting stomped by imports at lights.

WHYTRY
11-13-07, 04:02 PM
not bad at all. Have to give us a update in a day or so and let us know what you think

blown03
11-13-07, 04:06 PM
Hey are you the same WHYTRY on need2speed selling your cobra?? i was selling my twin turbo saleen at the sametime..

I was wondering about nos. What about a 200 shot?? wetkit of course from a roll should that be enough to beat a 11.5 car on its best day?

1FASTSS
11-13-07, 04:14 PM
I've had mine for about 2 weeks or a little more now. Great car. Enjoy!

JimmyH
11-13-07, 04:15 PM
Hey are you the same WHYTRY on need2speed selling your cobra?? i was selling my twin turbo saleen at the sametime..

I was wondering about nos. What about a 200 shot?? wetkit of course from a roll should that be enough to beat a 11.5 car on its best day?

Anything you do to add power is going to risk the diff. The diff was barely engineered to handle the stock power.

Which is why these guys aptly call it mod hell.

WHYTRY
11-13-07, 04:20 PM
I'm WHYTRY on pretty much everything I sign up on I was selling my old Yellow 03 Cobra for my V. I don't know if your thinking of me but maybe. Did you have a custom tag on your Saleen? What did it say? Was it white? Where does the Blown03 come from? You will like it on this board it is a hell of a lot better than the mustang ones less bitching and less I'm faster than you shit.

onebadcad
11-13-07, 04:21 PM
I am faster than everyone,,, I think???
Oh, and I am also in a :crying2: mood!!!

blown03
11-13-07, 04:38 PM
ehh the blown 03 comes from my kb cobra i had a fewyrs ago when the 03 cobra was the thing to have :cool2:

WHYTRY
11-13-07, 04:40 PM
2.2 2.6 or 2.8 kb? Did you switch to solid axle or upgrade the IRS? What kind of power did it produce? 1.52 60's in a 11.2@120 I'm guessing

blown03
11-13-07, 04:58 PM
lol more like high 130's if not 140

2.4kb return fuel system, coilovers, k member, solid axle,all the rear suspension was setup,72lb injectors 150 shot NX kit, heatexchanger, everything possible i could do to the car was done to it.

CTS-BV
11-13-07, 08:17 PM
Welcome!!:highfive:

You may find this crowd to be a bit more mature than those in the F-Body boards (said ducking) and I consider that a real plus.

The information is good here, and VERY specific.

Unless you plan on 5,000 RPM clutch drops, I think your diff may survive quite a while. V's are a little heavy but still make formidable Road Race cars.

Mod away.:2thumbs:

Nitro-C5
11-13-07, 11:20 PM
Welcome!!:highfive:

You may find this crowd to be a bit more mature than those in the F-Body boards (said ducking) and I consider that a real plus.

The information is good here, and VERY specific.

Unless you plan on 5,000 RPM clutch drops, I think your diff may survive quite a while. V's are a little heavy but still make formidable Road Race cars.

Mod away.:2thumbs:

I agree...good forum...not as tech savy as some of the hardcore LS1/LS2/LS6 forums etc...however more mature:thumbsup:

RobWilson
11-14-07, 11:07 AM
Congrats on the V! I'm a new owner, too (and a previous f-body owner). You'll love the new ride!

blown03
11-14-07, 11:40 AM
hey thanks alot guys.. I actually just picked it up lastnight from the dealorship i paid for it the other day made them do some work on it before i would take it. The only thing i didnt get was the navigation disc he said he needed to order it and ship it to me. I was wondering tho is there anyway to make the screen touch screen at all?? or do i have to use the buttoms on the side?

onebadcad
11-14-07, 12:28 PM
You have to use the buttons, which sadly will flake/peel on you; it seems every V has this issue. Some owners have recommended using a Sharpie marker in lieu of leaving the car at the dealer a few days while they wait for the part to show up.

rand49er
11-14-07, 04:46 PM
:welcome: I see you're from the great state of Michigan. There're a few of us here.

As far as not being as techie as other forums, that for sure but may evolve as these cars mature and become more available to guys with dirtier fingernails. As for me, what little knowledge I have is old school and thus rather limited.

BTW, where are you?

FL01SS
11-14-07, 05:09 PM
ehh i ended up paying 29,000 for it and i live in Michigan.

I'm seeing more & more in that price range. Wish they were like that a year & a half ago! I would have gotten one instead of the CTS. :annoyed: Now I have to wait til next summer to get one since I promised the wifey I would keep this car for at least 2 years!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

blown03
11-14-07, 05:39 PM
hey i am from Bay City Mi 48706.. I honestly think i coulda got it for 27,000 but i didnt push the fact. I do love the car tho man its nice. I need to find some nice rims now i am thinking 20's i dont plan on racing the car. I have a race car this is just a cruiser.