: shifting

CadMan4life
11-13-07, 12:56 AM
Seems like it takes longer for my gears to shift or is it just me? I started to take notice of that. Never did before but how long does it usually take for everybody? Seems like I'm on 1st gear for a while before I move on. :confused:

10KTGOLD
11-13-07, 01:03 AM
SPORT MODE ON? also it does that in the mornings and on warm up

Cadi Cat
11-13-07, 01:17 AM
it depends on when you are referring to when this happens. It will stay in first gear when cold untill it reaches the proper temp of the crank case or the o2 sensors or redline which ever is first. I always let my car run at least 10 minutes when it's cold out before I go for a drive. It's become a habbit by now. And I think it's best for the engine anyways.

CateraMV6
11-13-07, 01:21 AM
I have noticed similar things only when I get in start it and go driving... if i wait 2-3 min with it in park then its usually fine and even then it takes a little longer to go through the gears....
Its just that you dont want too high of engine load when its still cold... so higher RPMs are used for faster warm up and I think its somehow tied into the emissions...

Cold engine under heavy load caused by high gear causes too much emissions...

CadMan4life
11-14-07, 12:12 AM
no, no sport mode. I guess youse right I dont really warm up the engine probly why.

R-Caddy
11-25-07, 03:00 PM
On cold it wil shift at about 3000rpm if you don't floor it :D