: Track Day Revised Info

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-12-07, 02:37 PM
Allright my other thread is getting a little long and muddled. heres the post from feffman from my other thread.....

Hi All:

READ THIS UPDATE!!!

"I just spoke to Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac about the Lindsay Automotive track day in 2008. Would anyone prefer Virginia International Raceway's (http://www.virclub.com/vir/) full 3.27 mile road course over the 2 miles Summitt Point track? It would likely be Monday, June 30th. It's a Monday because every weekend and Friday are booked several years in advance.

VIR is on of America's premiere tracks. Quite a bit larger for the CTS-V to stretch it's legs and the facilites are first rate as it's a country club setting. Let's hear your choice!"

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer - MVP Track Time

Heres the deal... Summit point is proving to be very hard to deal with, they do not return phone calls and in the face of paying them $10,000 for the use of there facilities for a day I dont think thats very good bussiness practice. Now with all that said we certainly have not given up trying to get a hold of them, God knows I would rather drive 1.5 hours to them rather than 4 hours to VIR!! We have been offered an opportunity as stated above by feffman to run the full course at VIR for about the same amount of money. It would be OUR track for the day, no having to share it with a club, but just whoever signs up through me. Mark thinks we can run 3 groups of 25 cars on this track and with enough lead time I still think we can load up 80% of that with V's. I know Monday would be a bit of a pain, it would for me to, but there are literally 3 available days to rent the course next year and all 3 are mondays.
like I said we havent given up on Summit Point yet.......but its close.

SkullV
11-12-07, 02:57 PM
Sounds good Luke! Thanks for all the hard work on this! You too Feffman!

Nels
11-12-07, 03:11 PM
Thanks Luke. I'm still in.

v-sam
11-12-07, 03:29 PM
I spoke with Luke at Lindsay 20 mins ago. He informed me about the possible change to VIR. I want to encourage all of you to make it to VIR. Its a great track! The V was almost made for VIR. It has a combination of high and low speed turns. A 3,000 + ft. straightaway. Of all tracks I have been to it is my favorite. Not to mention Feffman puts on one of the most well run track days I have been to. Feffman offers plenty of track time a low cost. I drove 17 hours to run with Feffman and would do it again. So I can only imagine what kind of 1st class show Feffman and Luke will put on at VIR. If it is your 1st or 10th track day you should come check it out. If you don't feel comfortable driving come for a ride along and see if its for you. My thanks to Luke and Feffman for making this happen.

thebigjimsho
11-12-07, 04:49 PM
Is there a choice of track configurations? I ain't complaining either way, just curious. As for switching to VIR, hell F'n yeah!!! I do not sticker my V or any other car for that matter, but a VIR sticker found its way onto my rear window.

AirCav
11-12-07, 05:38 PM
Even better! I lived near Danville for a few years but it was pre-V.

trukk
11-12-07, 07:11 PM
As I posted in the other thread, it would depend for VIR. 6 hours each way for one track day is a tough sell. VIR is the nutz though.

-Chris

robertb
11-12-07, 07:46 PM
I have not been to VIR, but I hear it is an awesomw track. As mentioned above, it become a 5 hour versus a 1.5 hour drive for Summit Point. However, I would definetely still be interested in a track day at VIR.

Robert

GOTTSPD
11-12-07, 08:57 PM
I'm in for Summit and only a maybe (and a remote one at that) for VIR. It's just too long of a hike from DC.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-12-07, 10:33 PM
allright here's what we need. everyone (and I mean everyone) leave a post with a preference. VIR is in danville VA and Summit Point is in Summit point WV. both will cost the same ($250.00 ish) at summit point we would do the summit point circuit (just over 2 miles) and at VIR we would do the full course (just over 3 miles). mapquest both see what you think as far as the drive to either, visit both there websites and see what you think of the tracks. majority rules!!! obviously we will start planning with the track that the most people either want or logisticly can do. I would like to move to the writing a check and lock in a definite date phase as soon as possible.

AirCav
11-12-07, 10:47 PM
VIR :cool2:

V-Love
11-12-07, 11:03 PM
Go for the long course. VIR.
The Monday works good for me. I have the weekend to get there and I can take Monday to drive, Tuesday to get home, and mabey Wednesday to relax.

Is Cadillac brass gonna show up for this??? Or, are they gonna be upset we outnumber thier "V" Experience driving school. Some sodas and t-shirts would be a nice gesture. Stupid things like that go a long way.

GOTTSPD
11-12-07, 11:26 PM
Summit.

FWIW, from the DC Metro area, this is a far larger capital cost. Assume that it's 190 miles more, each way, to get to VIR than it is to get to Summit, for a total of 380 additional miles.

Thus.....................

Extra gas = $75

(for the DC Metro folks) one, if not two, nights at a hotel = $200-300.

An extra day away from the family and out of the office = Priceless ................. but in a bad way!

MLV
11-12-07, 11:40 PM
VIR:thumbsup:

FIVEOH!!!
11-13-07, 01:26 AM
A very long drive but I think I can still manage it.

SkullV
11-13-07, 01:58 AM
If Luke and Feffman say VIR then its VIR. I will go anywhere during the summer, I just want to learn to drive this car like it should be driven. A straight line is the only way I know!

robertb
11-13-07, 08:26 AM
Preference - Summit Point.

Robert

WHYTRY
11-13-07, 10:21 AM
Summit Point is my preference. The DC and MD area V's should meet and ride together no matter where we go

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-13-07, 10:46 AM
Summit Point is my preference. The DC and MD area V's should meet and ride together no matter where we go

my thoughts exactly on the "meet and drive down" no matter which track we end up doing.

FIVEOH!!!
11-13-07, 02:01 PM

Agreed.:thumbsup:

trukk
11-13-07, 04:04 PM
Summit is my preference, but if we end up at VIR, I'll do what I can to make it. It would be awesome to see more than a couple V's on the track together at a time.

VIR is awesome. If you've never been there before, it makes Summit look like a parking lot autocross setup.

-Chris

ewill3rd
11-13-07, 08:46 PM
Wherever you guys decide, I'll do what I can to be there.
I always like putting faces with names, although I have to confess... I am better at remembering the faces than I am the names. :D
I always joke that I wish they would sew my name tags on my uniforms upside down so I can remember who I am!

Maybe I can ride in someone's trunk?

CVP33
11-13-07, 09:33 PM
I'm in either way. I've never seen Summit, but VIR is awe inspiring. :yup:

thebigjimsho
11-13-07, 10:35 PM
VIR...and I'm driving from MA, so stop crying you DC wussies...

Feffman
11-13-07, 11:30 PM
VIR...and I'm driving from MA, so stop crying you DC wussies...

I wasn't going to say anything, but I'm coming form St. Louis dammit! :)

Feff

SkullV
11-14-07, 01:08 AM
I'm coming from the middle of Indiana!

thebigjimsho
11-14-07, 06:58 AM
I'm coming from the middle of Indiana!Eh, I'm further away. A 700 mile drive for me...

RyeV
11-14-07, 09:33 AM
I feel like I am right next door at 300mi or 500mi (summit vs VIR) compared to those numbers. I will do my best to make either one, but hard to be 100% sure this far away. Darn work stuff gets in the way sometimes.

SkullV
11-14-07, 02:38 PM
Eh, I'm further away. A 700 mile drive for me...

You win Jim....you always win...:alchi:

RunningOnEMT
11-14-07, 03:26 PM
I'm in .... I say we "locals" (anyone less than 300 mile trip) meets at Lindsay and caravans down... we can stock up on goodies from Luke first

I'll talk to the cobra guys again...

thebigjimsho
11-14-07, 03:54 PM
You win Jim....you always win...:alchi:p2zRGQX2QLo

Natedog
11-14-07, 04:07 PM
I'm in either way. I don't mind the extra drive for a better course... once the date is set in stone, i'll be able to plan my mods accordingly:stirpot: my roomate with a full stage 3 S4 will most likely be intereseted as well if thats ok :alchi:

Black Sunshine
11-14-07, 04:35 PM
VIR. Sounds great.

I've tracked the Impala at Pocono Raceway (temp), Gateway International (temp), Putnam Park, Texas Motor Speedway (temp) but never had a chance to spend extended time on the track. Can't wait to get a chance to put the V thru its paces at such a nice facility.

I'm about 600 miles out one way on a direct route but if buiness get's close it'll probably be closer to 1500 miles each way. I AM the Road Warrior.

Pegasus04
11-14-07, 05:51 PM
VIR is fine with me. Thanks for the effort to put this together. :thumbsup:

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-15-07, 09:22 AM
VIR is fine with me. Thanks for the effort to put this together. :thumbsup:

BUMP!!!!!

2004ctsv
11-15-07, 12:51 PM
Either place
After May 1 and I'm there

11-16-07, 08:25 PM
The longdistance is a negative...but a bigger negative for us is that we will likely be out of town on vacation that week. July 4 is Friday....

V-Love
11-16-07, 08:38 PM
Eh, I'm further away. A 700 mile drive for me...

700 should almost get me to Georgia.

CVP33
11-18-07, 06:15 PM
I just bought my EBC Yellowstuff pads for VIR in December. Those and the Vredesteins and I'll be lapping the Z06's! :histeric:

Oldy but a goody for those of you that haven't seen VIR.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8591692764313191735&q=Virginia+International+raceway&total=277&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

SkullV
11-18-07, 07:03 PM
So do we have an official date yet so I can spend my money??? I want to get tires, brakes, sst lines etc......birthday just happened so i FINALLY have some $$$...going to school and working at an indoor go kart track isnt very profitable!!!

SkullV
11-26-07, 01:52 AM
Any news on an official date yet Luke?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-26-07, 07:59 AM
should have an announcement later this week

SkullV
11-30-07, 07:53 PM
Update?

lasciVious
11-30-07, 08:25 PM
Is it too late to get in? I love VIR I run my V-twin sport bike there. Only 45 min away too. Do you guys trailer or drive to the track?

thebigjimsho
12-01-07, 12:59 AM
We're still waiting to get the final details on where and when, so I'm sure anyone can still "get in".

As for me, I load up my tools and luggage in the trunk and keep the tires in TireTotes and wrap them up in the back seat...

Nels
12-01-07, 10:15 AM
I'm planing to trailer the car to the track. Just in case I break something.

SuperV_Rob
12-01-07, 10:29 AM
Luke, either one works for me! the distance is not an issue, I am driving up from Tampa, FL to take part in the event! Count me in!!!!

SkullV
12-21-07, 09:47 PM
Just sent Luke my info! See you guys in WV!!!