: tpms problems

pjbizjak
11-12-07, 01:17 PM
OK, This is my first thread so be gentle; I have a 2007 Cadillac STS and recently bought a new set of factory 9 spoke polished wheels(4), 4 new Bridgestone LM-22 Blizzak snow tires and 4 new TPMS sensors. I had the sensors and tires mounted by my mechanic and took off my(summer) origional tires and put on the new winter set. I tried registering the new sensors via instructions in my owners manual but had no sucess. Help!

Caroutisine
11-13-07, 02:41 AM
Did you remember to do the programming within 10 minutes of driving the car? The reprogram has to be done within a number of minutes after driving the car (at least this is the case on the 2005).

pjbizjak
11-13-07, 08:35 AM
No I didn't, my bad. Also you must drive the car over 20 MPH for a few minutes so centrifical force activates the sensor befor trying to recalibrate the sensors. Also I guess you have to make sure that the vehicle is isolated from any other RF interferance.

Bee iLL
11-14-07, 06:53 AM
No I didn't, my bad. Also you must drive the car over 20 MPH for a few minutes so centrifical force activates the sensor befor trying to recalibrate the sensors. Also I guess you have to make sure that the vehicle is isolated from any other RF interferance.

So did it work?

pjbizjak
11-14-07, 09:06 AM
Sorry, Haven't had a chance to try again. I will let you know!

pjbizjak
11-17-07, 12:07 PM
OK, On my second try to reprogram the tire sensors(according to the owners manual) it worked like a charm. The only flaw is, in the manual it states that after you hold down the lock and unlock buttons for a period of time the horn will beep once then you start the process, however my horn beeped twice, so I just continued with the process letting air out of each tire until the horn beeped, this may take 10-30 seconds, then on to the next tire and so on until the last tire and the horn beeps twice and you turn the ignition off to preserve the settings. And just when I was about to buy one of those big $$ tools. DUH!

Thanks to everone to offered their feedback.

Caroutisine
11-17-07, 03:31 PM
Yep, mine is the same way regarding the horn beeps.