: Arrgh! Door Ding.

ahahnu
11-12-07, 11:30 AM
I am so pissed right now. I just woke up this morning to pull my car out of the garage to warm itup. Upon coming back out side i find an inch long door ding, down to the metal. The worst part is I know who did it and they didn't tell me. I am furious, and the more I think about it I'm getting pissed off more. Does anyone have experience in this field, like maybe how much to get fixed? I want to know what I'm looking at.

NormV
11-12-07, 11:33 AM
I am so pissed right now. I just woke up this morning to pull my car out of the garage to warm itup. Upon coming back out side i find an inch long door ding, down to the metal. The worst part is I know who did it and they didn't tell me. I am furious, and the more I think about it I'm getting pissed off more. Does anyone have experience in this field, like maybe how much to get fixed? I want to know what I'm looking at.

I got a dent right in the middle of one of my dents! :)

ebay has a nice $200 paintless dent kit that with some muscle remove all dents that you can get behind. If the paint is taken off you will definitely have more work/cost. Got a pic?

Norm

atdeneve
11-12-07, 03:07 PM
How bout dents from acorn throwing squirrels that aim directly at my V? This fall they riddled my roof and rear decklid with their shots. Wily rodents!

Anything I can do for those? May be a reason to get some carbon fiber replacements.

1badjimmy
11-12-07, 03:11 PM
I had one on my driver's side front fender that a paintless dent guy got out. I also have one on the roof near the rear windshield; but he said that he would have to take the headliner out to get to it.

I am a little concerned to have him tear the V apart to repair it.

Todd3544
11-12-07, 03:18 PM
I let Carsmetics fix mine. Took it to them in the morning, and got it back that evening. It looks as though nothing ever happened and they put a lifetime warranty on their work. I'm confident in their work, the Porsche dealership contracts some of their work so their reputation preceeds them.

Flyboy
11-12-07, 03:50 PM
I had a buddy accidentally ding my drivers door same way. He offered to pay for it.......about 450 bucks a year ago at the Cadillac dealership.

They have to repaint the entire door.

1badjimmy
11-12-07, 03:59 PM
Thats the bad part about down to the metal dings or scratches. I have a few on my Jimmy that require total repaint :crying:

ahahnu
11-12-07, 04:07 PM
Damn. I don't know when I can get a good pic of it posted. I'm just so pissed that I park away from everyone, park in a garage at night, in a parking garage during the day wash, wax, detail all the time and the f'n sht. happens. I know the guy won't pay for it. Even if he didn't do it, someone from the group didn't and they didn't have a the balls to say anything is what pisses me off the most. I guess I'm getting a ding removed for myself for christmas now.

ahahnu
11-12-07, 04:07 PM
Is Carsmetics everywhere?

atdeneve
11-12-07, 04:37 PM
Never heard of em or seen any around Jersey before. Looked at their site and they only got locations in Florida and California.

Holmes815
11-12-07, 04:56 PM
I'm not sure where you are in jersey, but I have a phenomenal bodyshop that has a great paintless dent removal guy if you're interested (he's in south hackensack/Woodridge border)

James

rand49er
11-12-07, 05:51 PM
My son put a small ding in the passenger side some number of months ago. Took it to a collision shop I've dealt with before, and they have a ding guru that comes in once in a while to do some work for them. Now, I can't even find where that darn ding was. Charged me fifty bucks ... not bad, huh?

BTW, I bought one of those Ding Kings on eBay for twenty bucks a year ago. The couple of times I tried it, I couldn't get the hot glue to hold ... then I just lost patience with the darn thing. :mad2:

atdeneve
11-12-07, 07:15 PM
Hey Holmes, how bout's that number/address on your bodyshop?

By the way, what ended happening with your V? Are back in another V?

ahahnu
11-12-07, 10:53 PM
I think I'm gonna need some touch up paint.

theloanman219
11-12-07, 11:38 PM
I would say ask the dealer but they are going to be very expensive. My dealer sends their used cars to a outside vendor. I used them for some other things. They matched the paint perfect. I do know that everyonce and a while when I drive by I see dent wizard and dent doctor there, but if you need paint you will have to bring it to some type of body shop. And make the person pay for it that did it.

Gene

RightTurn
11-13-07, 12:13 AM
My ding cost me $400. They had to repaint the entire fender because it's difficult to "feather" the clearcoat without clouding. :(

Holmes815
11-13-07, 03:11 AM
Hey Holmes, how bout's that number/address on your bodyshop?

By the way, what ended happening with your V? Are back in another V?

C & D Auto
176 Saddle River Rd Building# I
South Hackensack, NJ 07606

973-779-0497

These guys do amazing work; to give you an idea of their caliber, they have a contract with the entire fleet of company cars for BMW of North America (based in Montvale.) They do mostly foreign cars; ask to Matt-trally good guy!!!

So to answer the question, YES I picked up another V!!!!! I wanted to start a thread with pics to celebrate but the car is dirty and right now pictures won't do it justice!!! I actually picked up Lunarx's 04 from Cali. The car was delivered about 2 weeks ago, the thing is immaculate and Ernie is an awesome guy!!! I'm really lucky to have picked up such a cherry V!!! Thanks Ern

James

atdeneve
11-13-07, 07:09 AM
Good stuff! You must have had some major withdrawal, being without a V all that time. But you've got the cure, now. Got eet.

And thanks for the info. Gonna check em out to see what they can do for me and my acorn weilding squirrel problem (or, at least, the result of said problem).

ahahnu
11-13-07, 09:51 AM
Did you (Holmes) ever go tothe Performance GM magazine headquarters about the editorial on the rear diff about a year or two ago? Glad your in a v again.

lunarx
11-13-07, 01:39 PM
.. YES I picked up another V!!!!! I wanted to start a thread with pics to celebrate but the car is dirty and right now pictures won't do it justice!!! I actually picked up Lunarx's 04 from Cali. The car was delivered about 2 weeks ago, the thing is immaculate and Ernie is an awesome guy!!! I'm really lucky to have picked up such a cherry V!!! Thanks Ern

James

James,
I must say it was an honor putting you back in a V.
I am super pleased that my V went to such a cool cat. :cool2:
This was by far my most rewarding car sale ever.
More proof that the coolest guys drive V's. :highfive:

cmltx1
11-13-07, 03:20 PM
Acorn throwing squirrels...there's only one cure. We have tons of squirrels in the trees around our house and I shoot the shit out of them. I have an air rifle that picks them off one at a time and I shoot their nests with a 20 guage. Of course...this is Texas. That solution might not work in your neck of the woods.;)

ahahnu
11-13-07, 10:52 PM
I was able to take a good look at it today. Rubbed it a lot and I think it'll be treatable with out paint. As a side note, I went to the dealer today and got my old engine mounts. One is straight up broken. It totally flops around. The other he said is really flat compared to a new one. The car runs so smooth, I hardly notice turning it on and turning it off. I'll try to post pics when I can.

CVP33
11-13-07, 11:00 PM
We've got guys with SRT-8's pulling off their side molding. I know it looks better but......geez, what a risk. I have two chunks, literally chunks of paint missing from my side molding. If the side molding was removed, that've been two nice dings.

Transitive Property

Only non-car people door ding other people's cars
People who door ding cars are idiots
Non-car people are idiots

Slaigher
11-14-07, 11:41 AM
Took my car in for servicing, 5 weeks later got it back from the dealer with a 10' scratch on a door, a couple inches of it scaped down to metal. It'll cost the dealer +$1000 to fix it, as the bodyshop needs to refinish half the door to get a good blend on it. It better be good...

Silver Dollar
11-14-07, 12:08 PM
Anyone ever try the dry ice trick?

D6AZoN0c6lI

atdeneve
11-14-07, 12:20 PM
Of all people, my moms told me that trick. She happened to hear how I was pissed about them dents and she was like, "Yeah, you know what you can do. Put some dry ice on there and it'll just pop out. Good as new." I just totally disregarded it, mumbling about how much ish it was gonna cost me to get that fixed. And she was like, "Okay, suit yourself." Shiet, sometimes, ya just gotta listen, ya know. Open up your ears an jus listen. Gonna try that out.