: Cadillac Forums: Ideas To Make Car Run Cooler

usc2005
11-11-07, 07:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone have any ideas on how to allow the catera to run cooler? Is there any threads with previous recomendations or ideas. I see my car running kind of warm. With it mainley running on the notch after half. Is there a certain coolant/water mix that is recomended, any after-market radiaters? Any ideas would be great. Thanks

graphicsman
11-11-07, 07:40 PM
You could try running a cooler thermostat. For the radiator, try cleaning out the fins. Some people swear by "water wetter" products, RedLine makes one, but I've never notice much of a difference with them. Aftermarket oil coolers with larger capacity will help. It's also winter, so running your heating system should also help.

CateraMV6
11-11-07, 08:24 PM
Running it cooler will lower your MPG and if your car is in good shape it should be able to hold a steady temp... mine sits around 200 and on the highway it drops to about 192... and only in the summer with AC blasting I've seen it up aroudn 210.. and thats that for me...

BTW your game may be inacurate... you need to change your sensor... and that may fix random oscilations of the gauge on the dash... I got the scan gauge and that moves up and down by 10deg and the gauge on the car just sits there...

Also it doesnt start to rise until about 130ish ..

usc2005
11-11-07, 08:31 PM
What kind of sensor would i need to get? Name of the sensor? What kind of oil cooler may i need to get? Where could i get the oil cooler? My 97 cat has 58 000 miles on it, and i clean the engine, take it for the regular oil changes etc....anything else i could do? Thanks catera MV6

Graphics: What exactly are the fins, and where are they located? Thanks...

PEETYZ
11-11-07, 08:49 PM
flush system and refill with dexcool at a 70% mix and 30% distilled water Red Line Water Wetter will slightly help and royal purple has a one called called purple ice that sounds better

usc2005
11-11-07, 08:59 PM
so this "red line water wetter" is this some form of some sort of coolant additive or something guys? sorry that may be a dumb question....

PEETYZ
11-12-07, 09:57 PM
yea id try royal purple purple ice

investor74
11-15-07, 12:17 AM
I saw a tip on this board to get the cooling system flushed and filled and it will lower the running temp. I tried it, and it definitely works. Before, I was slightly above the halfway mark most of the time, now I am below the halfway mark most of the time. Before, I could get close to the 3/4 mark when stuck in traffic on a hot day, now it never happens.

yellowxhoodie
11-15-07, 12:03 PM
your cars not running warm, its running fine, just leave it.