: 100000 Mile Certified...or Take My Chances?

Bueller
11-11-07, 03:27 PM
Newbee questions here, sorry so long. I found an 05 V with only 920 miles. I was working out a deal with the owner and he traded it in. The dealer contacted me and told me they would roll it through the dealership for the agreed $33K price but wouldn't certify it. I think it will be about $1,200 to Cert. The inservice date is 09/04 so it is out of warranty in 09/09. With my driving 24K-25K miles a year is it worth the cash for one year more warranty?

Also I have searched this site quite a bit for B&B vs. Magnaflow. Seems like everyone goes Mag, is that because of cost? Not much info on B&B but I love the looks and sound clips. I need to take clients in my car so it can't be super loud but I want best sound/$ ratio.

Are there any CAIs out there that have a true cold air duct from below or are most of them with the filter in the stock location with an engine sheild? Anyone selling any used parts othe than in classifieds?

Thanks in advance, this site rocks!

CVP33
11-11-07, 03:30 PM
Get it certified. Small price to pay for a HUGE peace of mind. I was partial to Billy Boat, however some have had minor issues. Magnaflow and Borla seem to have the most quality issues.

darkman
11-11-07, 03:37 PM
I agree, get it certified.

nikon
11-11-07, 05:12 PM
Certified all the way....and wouldn't it be an extra 2 years warranty??

heavymetals
11-11-07, 05:15 PM
Certify or walk away.

As for exhaust, B&B all the way.

AirCav
11-11-07, 05:44 PM
If you've spent any time on this forum you know that you need the warranty. I realize that we have some folks now beyond warranty (either by expiration or by choice) but I couldn't tolerate it, personally.

It will also help when it comes time to sell.

Bueller
11-11-07, 05:45 PM
Certified all the way....and wouldn't it be an extra 2 years warranty??

I don't know. I thought the fact warranty is 5 years and the Cert. Warr. is 6 years. Can anyone verify this?

urbanski
11-11-07, 05:54 PM
4yr/50k

Todd3544
11-11-07, 06:00 PM
As stated warrenty for piece of mind, unless of course you plan to get rid of the car prior to 50K then take the 1200 and mod it. I have a magnaflow Cat-Back; love the sound, easy installation, looks awesome and fits great.
Just my 2 cents.

SkullV
11-11-07, 07:00 PM
Can you get any GM still in warranty certified at a dealer or does it have to be a dealership car?

SLPR 6.0L
11-11-07, 09:04 PM
Best $1200 you will spend on the car.

thefred
11-11-07, 10:19 PM
Can you get any GM still in warranty certified at a dealer or does it have to be a dealership car?
I actually bought mine at a Chevy *gasp* dealership. Supposedly, they were able to get the car from a dealer auction since they belonged to a family of dealerships that included Cadillac. But, they said that since they weren't a Cadillac dealer that they couldn't certify it, and in order to certify it, they would have to send the car to Florida where their Caddy dealership was to get that done. I elected to pass, but am definitely curious as to whether I could go back and get it certified by any Cadillac dealer. Anyone?