: 95,sts cooling ????

raf
05-01-04, 02:10 PM
ok first temperature reading 223 for a year and less if is raining them now 223 ,225 228 in heavy trafic if i run is less why the chage and some time drop 2 or 3 drops of coolant like under water pump some times and only whe the cars is off ,and i wants to knos if i can put the car running more cool. thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssss..

BeelzeBob
05-01-04, 05:24 PM
Those temps sound perfectly fine....just where it is designed to run... The cooling fans do not even come on until 225 or so.....no problem. No need and no reason to make it run any cooler.

The drops of coolant....???.....find the leak. Could be a hose connection, the water pump seal starting to seep, the water pump cover gasket......get a cooling system pressure tester and attach it to the pressurized surge tank, pump up the sytem to 15 PSI and look around the system for leaks...no simple way to find it really. (edited to correct 125 PSI typo to correct 15 PSI...)

If it appears to be just a nuisance leak (not a hose fixing to burst....) then add two tubes of the BarsLeaks "golden seal" powder to one of the RADIATOR HOSES (NOT the pressurized surge tank) and the sealer (which is GM recommended and should be in the system anyway...) should prevent the occasional drips.

metro107
05-02-04, 06:20 AM
I would'nt recomend pressurizing the cooling system past 20psi,thats probably what bbob meant as you will surely cause extensive damage to cooling system pressurizing it to 125psi.The system is set to relieve at 16 psi at cap.:coolgleam

BeelzeBob
05-02-04, 04:54 PM
Yow....didn't even spot that typo....the cooling system would definitely react to 125 PSI...the radiator would look like a pumpkin.....I meant 15 PSI and must have hit the "2" along wiht the "1" and didn't see it. I don't think a cooling system pump would go to 125 anyway....LOL