: RKE System Problem

dianek1
11-10-07, 06:50 PM
After 5 weeks of owning/loving my 2008 CTS, it let me down. While running errands today, I was unable to enter my vehicle with the remote keyless entry. I pulled the key from the RKE fob to unlock the car manually. After I sat in the car, it locked, but I was unable to start the engine and a got the message displayed, "electronic key not detected". When I exited my car, the alarm sounded and I disabled it by inserting the key in the manual door lock. I called my dealer who advised the battery in my fob may be low (after 5 weeks??), so I used my husband's fob, went to Radio Shack, purchased 3 batteries (hey, they only last 5 weeks!) and drove to my dealer. When I arrived, they tried my "defective" fob with the old battery still inside and it worked. Thinking it was picking up my husband's fob, I walked away with it a considerable distance and it still worked! Now I don't trust my car! This is an embarrassment I hadn't counted on! Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Rolex
11-10-07, 09:22 PM
Diane this is the first I've heard of this sort of thing on an 08 CTS. I would wait and see if the problem repeats itself until you get too worked up about it. But if it becomes a real problem you should absolutely make the dealer fix it to your satisfaction.

I would like to see you post this in the 08 CTS forum here and see what responses you get. I'm sure you'll get more hits on your thread there. Here's a link:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum-2008-beyond/

Best of luck and please keep us posted on how this turns out. :yup:

Chris

jono6406
12-07-07, 09:37 PM
one mishap shouldn't make you distrustful of you car

Rolex
12-09-07, 02:40 PM
Last Activity: 11-10-07 07:50 PM

It irritates me that people come here only to gripe about a problem and never follow up. I imagine if she bothered to read the manual or ask her service people the problem was easily solved. Otherwise she'd have come back here for answers. :thepan:

IM sent to request an update.

dianek1
12-13-07, 07:46 PM
I apologize for not updating my situation. I received a call from my Salesperson who saw me take my car to the Service Dept. and he asked me what the problem was and had it been resolved. When I gave him the details, he told me that the way I was treated at the Service Dept. was unacceptable and he had a new key fob overnighted. That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't had a problem since. Again, I'm sorry I never provided an update.

Rolex
12-16-07, 01:25 AM
:thumbsup:

Thanks Diane, ahd I'm glad you got the trouble worked out. :)