: Help I updated Nav Firmware now stuck @ Los Angeles Airport-I live in Houston TX

Humanoid
11-10-07, 10:21 AM
I bought my car GM recertified about 2 months ago. I recently recieved a firmware disk (GM p/n 15269176). And a Nav disk copyright 2006. The instructions said start the car, insert the disk and dont turn it off until done. They also said that it would take about 3 minutes. I did as instructed but it took more like 45 minutes but finished with no errors.
I inserted my new NAV disk in and it is showing my position in Los Angeles California. I tried removing it turning the car off..reinserting and got the same result. I even tried using my old disk and am still in the wrong state.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Superjim
11-10-07, 10:27 AM
Go into the menu and choose your region. Then you "MAY" have to wait a couple of minutes for it to reset itself. My son recently bought a new Denali.... it had the same problem. When we travel, we sometimes have to change regions to get Points Of Interest's to display properly.

Make sure you are not in your garage and the antenna has a good view of the sky.

rheagrimm
11-10-07, 10:38 AM
That happened to me when I updated my nav unit but once I drove around the block it reset itself and all was fine.

lawfive
11-10-07, 01:27 PM
... and what's wrong with Los Angeles???

heavymetals
11-10-07, 01:42 PM
Like was said, just drive the car and let the GPS reset itself.

NOTHING IS WRONG.

If you would like to donate the flash CD, it would be appreciated.

Humanoid
11-12-07, 06:46 PM
You guys were right, all is well. Heavy..I wil be sending you a PM shortly.

Mystical_Ice
11-12-07, 07:12 PM
yes i would like the flash CD too plz :D

Humanoid
11-12-07, 08:02 PM
A number of people have asked me for the CD. One has even offered me money. I have decided to do the right thing and send it to Heavymetals so that people will get a chance to borrow it. Just remember to send it back to him or you will have 7 years bad luck. :)

Mystical_Ice
11-13-07, 08:55 AM
i'm not one to abuse something that i'm getting for free anyway...

GMBOUND
11-13-07, 11:55 AM
A number of people have asked me for the CD. One has even offered me money. I have decided to do the right thing and send it to Heavymetals so that people will get a chance to borrow it. Just remember to send it back to him or you will have 7 years bad luck. :)

i'm not one to abuse something that i'm getting for free anyway...

Why don't you let Mystical Use it before you send it to Heavymetals??:thumbsup:

maseo flores
03-20-10, 06:03 PM
Quick question. If I'm recieving a Disc Err code on the bottom of the screen do I need a firmware disk (GM p/n 15269176) in conjuction with my new Nav DVD?

heavymetals
03-20-10, 07:23 PM
NO.

Something else is amiss.

maseo flores
03-21-10, 08:17 PM
Does anyone have a flash disk I could get off them pretty cheap?