: Cadillac Forum: Fluid Leaking Under My Car

usc2005
11-08-07, 08:30 PM
WOW!!! GEEZ I JUST GOT THESE HEAD GASKETS FIXED BECAUSE OIL WAS LEAKING INTO THE ANITFREEZE, SO IM DRIVING AND I SMELL A BURNING, SO I FIGURED OUT THAT I NEEDED TO CLEAN THE BREATHER SYSTEM WHICH WAS CLOGGED CAUSING A OIL LEAK-WHICH ULTIMATELY CAUSING THE BURNING SMELL. NOW I DROVE MY CAR AND SOMETHING ISLEAKING UNDER THE CAR, SEEMS TO BE COMING FROM THE FRONT END OF THE CAR. IS THIS THE WATER PUMP OR ANTIFREEZ LEAK. I COULDNT TELL BECAUSE IT WAS SO DARK IF IT WAS ANTIFREEZE OR NOT, DOES ANYONE KNOW, I POPED THE TRUNK AND NOTHING WAS SQUIRTING UP AND ALL AROUND SO IT HAS TO BE COMING FROM UNDER THE ENGINE OR IN THE UNDER-AREA OF THE CAR..............PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!:mad:

usc2005
11-08-07, 09:02 PM
or could it be the heater control valve?

elvin315
11-08-07, 11:21 PM
Slow down. The description is confusing. Your previous thread seemed to point to leaking Cam Cover gaskets. What service did you just have done? Cylinderhead gaskets or Cam Cover gaskets? Blown Head gaskets don't usually leak externally. The coolant will get sucked into the cylinder on the power stroke, vaporize, and get blown out the exhaust. The coolant tank will smell like exhaust.

If oil contaminated your coolant it is probably a leaking oil cooler. It lives under the intake plenum, in the valley between the cylinderheads. This problem is totally unrelated to the Cam Cover or Cylinderhead gaskets.

When you say you popped the Trunk did you mean to say the Hood? What color is the fluid? Was the puddle towards the front of the engine or the rear? The front would be the waterpump and the rear would be the Heater Bypass Valve.

Clear things up for us and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Elvin

ariza034
11-08-07, 11:44 PM
if its leaking towards the front its probably water pump (easy to replace) or thermostat(FUKedUP to replace)

usc2005
11-09-07, 04:03 PM
yea sorry guys it is leaking somewhat towards the front of the car close to the passenger side. I looked on previous threads and they all stated the hbv valve. but about the gaskets I got the head gaskets and oil cooler replaced in feb because the oil was leaking in the coolant. so is it the water pump,hbv valve or oil cooler? please help