: A question about Voice Recognition.

L2irVine
11-08-07, 05:20 AM
Can someone who has hooked up the voice recognition in a cts-v with navigation tell me if the voice recognition feature can be activated with just an ordinary push button instead of the control module from out of the steering wheel? I am trying to do in my 06 v. Any incite would be appreciated. Thanks.

ctsvett
11-09-07, 03:18 AM
not easily.. you need to have the right circuit and send the right voltage/ signal to the head unit... I got to lazy to build a separate circuit... E-mail for the diagrams..

Reed

tedcmiller
11-09-07, 11:21 AM
As ctsvett says it is not easy. When I asked Cadillac about the absence of voice command recognition in the CTS-V, they indicated that it has been deliberately omitted because "most buyers of a high-performance car are not likely to need it."

The Tony Show
11-09-07, 11:26 AM
:lol:

I ran that phrase through my Corporate Jargon Translator and it came back as:

"We changed the steering wheel controls and forgot about the voice activation. Whoopsie."

L2irVine
11-10-07, 01:13 AM
Thanks guys, thanks Reed! I will feel better when buying the module knowing that I am not paying $50 for just a standard 25 cent momentary switch. I guess the voice recognition doesn't make much sense to begin with. Why someone push a button then say a command when they could just push the button that does such command in the first place? I just like knowing its there if I want it.

tedcmiller, I would have much rather liked an answer from Cadillac such as; "Voice recognition doesn't work in a cts-v, because the system can't hear you over the roar of your engine."

CTSV_Rob
11-10-07, 07:04 PM
:lol:

I ran that phrase through my Corporate Jargon Translator and it came back as:

"We changed the steering wheel controls and forgot about the voice activation. Whoopsie."
LMAO! :histeric::histeric::histeric: