: anyone use ROYAL PURPLE OIL??

mlg
11-07-07, 11:10 PM
someone told me it kept the oil temp down in his vette by 20 degrees. when driven hard/like its supposed to be my oil temp spikes.. maybe this would help??? any takers??

theloanman219
11-07-07, 11:24 PM
I use the other purple oil. Swepco and my temps are great now. I need to change my diff oil now.

tweeter81
11-08-07, 12:43 AM
I use Royal Purple for all my fluids except brake and clutch fluid and I have not had any problems. I don't know if I can say the the oil temps are down 20 degrees but they seem to stay more regulated. Maybe down 5 degrees if I can remember back to my last track day, which was awhile ago.

Flyboy
11-08-07, 08:15 AM
I use RP and am happy......can't say there is any difference in temps though.....mostly peace of mind I think.......High Quality Stuff.

CTSV_Rob
11-08-07, 12:32 PM
Mobil 1 in the engine, Royal Purple in the T56, AmsOil in the Diff.

Shifting is much better and the diff is still quiet. Time to change the diff Fluid though.

MWD
11-08-07, 06:20 PM
I use RP for PS and the diff. I have fluid for the tranny too, just haven't installed it.

It really is overkill for the engine vs. most other synthetics, but RP has more extreme pressure capability than anyone else,
so it is best for the diff. If you need to spin the engine over 7K, it will probably help the rod bearing life, and reduce friction heating.

Michael

SLPR 6.0L
11-08-07, 11:36 PM
Royal purple was all that I used on my C5. Dont want to mess with oil changes anymore so I have the dealer put in Mobil 1. RP is the best in my opinion. Look up Patman on the corvette forum. He used to be the resident oil expert over there.

bjohnso0
11-09-07, 12:08 PM
I have found similar results with parts "living longer" using RP oil products. I use RP Sychromax in the trans, RP extreme pressure gear oil in the diff, and RP Purple Ice in the cooling system. I noticed my trans shifts smoother, diff runs cooler (12 degrees cooler by the gauge I installed) and the engine runs about 5 degrees cooler. I haven't ran it in this engine yet, but I plan on switching soon.

mlg
11-09-07, 12:21 PM
is p ice the same as water wetter??? when u say 5 deg cooler engine, do u mean oil temp?? thats what i am trying to keep down.