: *How the heck does this bushing get replaced!!

austin
11-07-07, 10:44 PM
I went through the whole onXXXX SM, and can find no referance to the (4) pressed in cradle bushings (i'm not talking about the wheelhop bushings that sit in them), but the actual factory pressed into the cradle ones. I think i may have a bad one, and would like to know how hard it would be to replace them.. Besides this photo from the faq, and a cradle bolt torque spec. I can find no information about the specific replacement of this bushing, including part number and its actual name. Any help appreciated!

1QUICKV
11-07-07, 11:00 PM
press them out, is that waht your asking?

nikon
11-07-07, 11:40 PM
big screwdriver and a hammer??..I'd use what ever was in my toolbox.....why do you think one is bad anyways?

austin
11-08-07, 11:58 AM
I am getting a bang noise that echos up through the trunk from a quick down/up clutch pedal engagement at low speed movement, or non-speed matching down shift.. The noise has been there for a long time. I recently had a new 06 differential installed, and new front differential bushing.. This took care of a slight clank noise i was having.. But the main trunk noise bang (caused by something else) is still there.. The dealer noticed the Specter bushings and did not want to investigate any further until i removed them. I am thinking i have a bad factory cradle bushing, that's sits underneith the Specter bushings causing this problem. I was aslo wondering why the service manual has no listing for the factory cradle bushing replacement.. But list most everything else.. I had the trailing arm bushings checked and they were fine.. The bang echos right up through the trunk from a quick down/up clutch step, when moving slow (especially in reverse) it is very noticable. Any suggestions?? .Oh ...and The cradle torque is right on the money.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-08-07, 02:46 PM
that bushing or mount is actually not serviced sepperately from the cradle.

austin
11-08-07, 03:18 PM
>that bushing or mount is actually not serviced sepperately from the cradle.

ouch! I'll have to take the specter bushings out and see what is going on under there before my warranty expires.. If the factory pressed in cradle bushings end up being the problem, and i'm understanding you correctly.. I would have to have the whole cradle replaced. :(

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-08-07, 05:09 PM
Thats correct. if you do end up taking it in to the dealer, unless you have a very good relationship with them I would take the spectre bushings out. You know and I know that they are not the cause of any problem but some dealers love finding ways to make it hard on the customer.

austin
11-08-07, 05:28 PM
>You know and I know that they are not the cause of any problem

That's for sure.. The Service Mechanic actually commented to me that my "V" did not have wheelhop like the other "V's" he had serviced. BTW... Could those bushings cause the symptoms i described?? If not, any suggestions as where else to look?? The mechanic also checked the driveshaft joint and said it was fine.

SkullV
11-08-07, 08:16 PM
>
That's for sure.. The Service Mechanic actually commented to me that my "V" did not have wheelhop like the other "V's" he had serviced. BTW... Could those bushings cause the symptoms i described?? If not, any suggestions as where else to look?? The mechanic also checked the driveshaft joint and said it was fine.

The service mechanic should not be hitting it hard enough to produce wheelhop anyway! Reset the G-meter before the next time u bring it in there and see how much fun they are really having with your car!