: Anyone with a slow tire leak?

pmsteinm
11-07-07, 04:42 PM
I had one that only seemed to leak while driving...overnight it was always ok. Well, today I finally found the problem: The valve stem/TPM nut wasn't even finger tight. The whole assembly could be wiggled by hand and you'd hear air hiss out. So I torqued the nut to 7NM like the book says. That seems a little tight since NONE of the 5 nuts on my wheels (4 + spare) where at 7NM. I guess the dealer/GM didn't bother torquing them since not many wrenches go down to 7NM. Anyone else torque their TPM nuts to 7NM? (That almost sounds a little dirty).

urbanski
11-07-07, 06:14 PM
isnt it 7 ft-lbs

edit...nope, it's more like 5.2 ft-lbs and yes, you need to torque them to that

pmsteinm
11-07-07, 06:26 PM
Good...7NM is 5.16ft-lb (I was using metric since its easier to read on my torque wrench).

rand49er
11-07-07, 06:29 PM
A bit off topic, but I notice my GSD3s seem to lose pressure steadily over time ... not one of them, but all four ... not fast, but nonetheless they slowly go down. My Avon A/S's hold fine.

Funny ... :helpless:.

Wienk
11-07-07, 08:17 PM
I have noticed that my tires were all losing several psi as we went from Summer to Winter (Duh!). But after changing to my Dunlop Winter runflats, one tire was losing it faster than the rest so I went back to Tire Factory, who had mounted and balanced them, and they discovered a nail. Repaired free and now all is well. :thumbsup: Aren't tire pressure sensors great!

Jon
11-07-07, 08:18 PM
I had that problem... Well, similar. It was the seal in the TPS that was bad.

Slaigher
11-07-07, 09:59 PM
I have that exact problem. Thanks for the heads up. I'll get it checked out when I change out to winter tires.