: A/C Switch Light

frmg0014
11-07-07, 01:14 AM
Hey guys! Just noticed that my AC button does not light up with the rest of the buttons on the climate control. Are these serviceable? If so, what bulb or part number would I need? I'm a little new, just had the Catera for just 2 weeks now. I'm still learning all the tricks.

Thanks in advance!

smcrosby
12-08-07, 10:56 PM
There are 8 bulbs in the HVAC unit. I would recommend replacing all of them at the same time. The part number is 9054 1964.

Cadi Cat
12-09-07, 02:40 AM
There are 8 bulbs in the HVAC unit. I would recommend replacing all of them at the same time. The part number is 9054 1964.

Mine are out on the fan speed and vent selector. How do I take this all apart? I need to put bulbs in too...

Lawrence_C
12-09-07, 11:42 AM
what about for the lights on the sunroof?

todd2fst4u
12-09-07, 03:29 PM
here's my info on the sunroof dial
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/90304-light-sunroof-dial.html

smcrosby
12-12-07, 11:55 AM
Mine are out on the fan speed and vent selector. How do I take this all apart? I need to put bulbs in too...

You will have to remove the radio/HVAC surround. The TCS, Hazard, Trunk, and Fuel switches will have to be removed, as well as the plastic caps between them. This will give you access to two of the screws. Then you will have to remove the ashtray. There is one screw holding that in (it is behind the ashtray itself, you can see it when the ashtray is open.) There are two more screws behind that. Then the surround will come off. You will need to pry the harness plugs out so that you can move the surround out of your way.

Then take the radio out (4 screws.) And the HVAC unit (4 screws.)

Once you have the HVAC unit out the face can be pryed off--BE CAREFUL!!

Then you can see the eight bulbs that twist in place.

Pretty easy job, just take your time so you don't break any of the clips, etc. Also be careful during reassembly with the harness so that it will not get pinched.

Hope this helps!!

Cadi Cat
12-12-07, 10:49 PM
awesome, sounds easy enough. Thanks. I might put in a different color. The UK Ebay has got different color leds for this. Can the lights for the stereo be replaced also or not?

Aleksus
12-13-07, 07:44 PM
what about for the lights on the steering wheel?

smcrosby
12-15-07, 04:05 PM
I didn't know there were lights on the steering wheel.........

Aleksus
12-17-07, 10:40 PM
The steering wheel has the buttons to control radio. Those buttons have LEDs inside. But its ok for now a dont have any questions :)