: Sonofa.......

GOTTSPD
11-06-07, 10:55 PM
My friggin' Corsa broke again! Lindsay was kind of to get it repaired for me a month or so ago and it broke again! Ugh...

What do you suggest I do? I could bring it to Lindsay and ask them if they can get it fixed again. Is there some sort of other fix I can do?

your maker
11-06-07, 11:12 PM
what broke on the exhaust??? how old ?? is it under warrenty form corsa????

GOTTSPD
11-06-07, 11:32 PM
what broke on the exhaust??? how old ?? is it under warrenty form corsa????

The flange connecting the pipe that goes into the resonator (on the cat side). Yeah, I suspect Corsa would cover it again. However, it's only been a month or so since it happened the last time. I'm not optimistic that another replacement resonator will fix the problem.

heavymetals
11-06-07, 11:44 PM
CORSA seems to stand behind its' product.

GOTTSPD
11-06-07, 11:57 PM
CORSA seems to stand behind its' product.

They were great last time. However, since it's only been a month, I'm losing faith (perhaps its already gone) that the new resonator is going to hold up any better than the others have. That's my concern. I know Corsa will take care of it, but I can't have this thing keep breaking. As much as I think the Lindsay guys are the best and I enjoy my trips there, it's not convenient to have to keep running down there to get this resolved.....

heavymetals
11-07-07, 12:28 AM
Welcome to MOD HELL.

Flyboy
11-07-07, 08:00 AM
Had my Corsa for two years......nary a problem here.......

rand49er
11-07-07, 08:46 AM
Had my Corsa for two years......nary a problem here.......:yeah: ('cept, in my case, it'll be two years in February).

Hey, GOTTSPD, any chance you can post up a pic? Would like to see exactly what you're talking about.

GOTTSPD
11-07-07, 08:59 AM
I'll see if I can. There's another post here on the forum where someone did take pics and it's the same issue as I have.

RunningOnEMT
11-07-07, 09:30 AM
do you have all the undercar "braces" installed?

i knw that there is the one brace behind the resonators that if its not there will cause the exhaust to bounce on the car...that might have somethign to do with it???

just a guess though

The Tony Show
11-07-07, 10:20 AM
When I welded my Corsa connection points (eliminating the clamps) I discovered that the welds on the front of both resonators (where the pipes go in) were cracked. You can't see it, but when I grabbed the pipe it rotated in my hand freely and pulled out of the resonator.

We re-welded it, but I'd be willing to bet a LOT of them do it because the metal there is incredibly thin and easy to blow through with a welder. Red line in the attached pic indicates where the weld is that broke.

WheelHop
11-07-07, 11:32 AM
That's kinda surprising coming from a Corsa product!?!

heavymetals
11-07-07, 12:33 PM
That's kinda surprising coming from a Corsa product!?!

In their defense, CORSA didn't weld it or maybe they did?

The Tony Show
11-07-07, 12:43 PM
It was broken before I welded it- we were unhooking the clamps to weld it when we noticed the weld was busted all the way around the resonator pipe.

GOTTSPD
11-07-07, 10:01 PM
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I owe CORSA an apology!!!!!!!!

I just put the car up on jack stands to examine the exhaust and THE EXHAUST DIDN'T BREAK, IT CAME APART!

The pipe between the resonator and the muffler came apart! I was able to slip it back in, but I couldn't break the bolt holding the connector. The thing that's odd though is that it seems like the pipe is really tight now that it's slipped back in where it belongs. I wonder how it was able to come out???????

heavymetals
11-07-07, 10:08 PM
The pipe between the resonator and the muffler came apart! I was able to slip it back in, but I couldn't break the bolt holding the connector. The thing that's odd though is that it seems like the pipe is really tight now that it's slipped back in where it belongs. I wonder how it was able to come out???????

The joints are subject to big differances in temperature and can expand apart with the vibration.

trukk
11-09-07, 11:21 AM
Weld that mutha up. That's what I did.

-Chris