Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2001 DTS iPod direct connect

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 ·
I have a 2001 DTS with factory Bose nav and 6 disc CD changer in glove box. I have three questions in trying to get MP3's to play through system.

1. If I wanted to connect an iPod directly to the stereo for best sound and have controls through the touch screen on the Bose stereo is there a way? Do I have to give up my 6 disc CD changer in the glove box to do it? Peripheral Electronics said I would have to lose my 6 disc CD changer.

2. Or, is there a 6 CD changer that I can switch out with my existing that can play CD/MP3 CD's?

3. Or, what type of harness would it take to plug into the back of the Bose and bring normal left/right RCA jacks to my center console so I can hook any MP3 device to it and play directly? I have been looking at the Harman Kardon Drive + Play 2 but I want direct connect.

Any help would be appreciated!

#2 ·
no way to hook your ipod to your nav system (01 used a CD-ROM based system which is different than the 02+ DVD)
if you had the 02+ i could walk you through it, i developed it
00+ cant have any direct connects through the cd changer, the car doesnt like it and drops the cd changer from the source list
your pretty much stuck with fm modulation less your cdrom system came with the optional tri components (red white and yellow rcas) which would be in your glove box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.