: Alternator went bad,.... I think.

AHazzardToAll
11-05-07, 08:13 PM
Batt quit charging in the car, but the battery is good. I'm pretty sure it's the alternator as there have been no electrical modifications recently to cause any problems. Has anyone changed out the alternator? Is it easy enough to be done at home with standard tools? Thanks.

todd2fst4u
11-05-07, 08:18 PM
might want to try replacing the wire between the alternator and battery first

PEETYZ
11-05-07, 10:34 PM
i had an alternator go bad have it done somewhere tho not dealer i had it all done for around 450 at a local shop the dealer will want 900 or so I wouldent go there! lol the bad part is you have to drop the oil pan or w/e because it comes out the bottom of engine bay

AHazzardToAll
11-07-07, 08:08 PM
alternator, battery harness, and battery,.... :thepan: I guess for a larger audio system i need to basically re-wire the whole car with coax cable or somthing? I'll probably replace everything myself. Not the car's fault. Just one of those crazy teens that doesn't know anything about cars yet... :rant2: But on the plus side my dad picked up an 01 sport out at the auctions today... even though I'm not going to mod it it's still fun to drive. There's a big difference in the sport vs my standard 01. does the suspension and 17 alloys do all that or does something else play into it? and is it hard to replace a battery harness? :hmm: Like i said, i have no one to teach me about cars. My dad's gone a lot so i learn everything in doing small portions. thanks!