: QA-1 vs FG-2?

ZEUSROTTY
11-05-07, 07:14 PM
Can you guys sound off on the better of the two?

WHYTRY
11-05-07, 07:34 PM
First off I have no idea what I'm talking about......That being said I was under the impression that FG-2 was a stock option, is that correct? Second, how do you tell if you have FG-2's? Are the struts a different color? Are they adjustable? The QA1 is a fully adjustable bound and rebound coil over but do they make it for our cars? What about a K member or A-arms for our cars does QA1 make them the way they do for mustangs and f-bodies? The rears would just be a fully adjustable shock is this correct?

Twitch
11-05-07, 10:09 PM
This is a stock shock. The FG-2 would have a dotted line around the border.
You can also check the part #s in the FAQ. Keep in mind there are two stickers, one on the outside, one on the inside of the shock. I couldn't see my part number till I had the car on a lift.

tweeter81
11-05-07, 10:14 PM
First off I have no idea what I'm talking about......That being said I was under the impression that FG-2 was a stock option, is that correct? Second, how do you tell if you have FG-2's? Are the struts a different color? Are they adjustable? The QA1 is a fully adjustable bound and rebound coil over but do they make it for our cars? What about a K member or A-arms for our cars does QA1 make them the way they do for mustangs and f-bodies? The rears would just be a fully adjustable shock is this correct?

You can tell if they are FG2s by the purple sticker on the shock cylinder. If you have FG2s it will be checkered purple and black instead of solid purple on the FE4s. I believe QA1 does make a kit for our cars but I don't know anything more about beyond that. I have the GC kit and really like it.

atdeneve
11-06-07, 10:20 AM
RGD has the QA1s and I don't think that they have a kit, per se. As in, it's not exactly made and tested specifically for the V. However, you can tell them your application and get a set of shocks that match your specifications. I would inquire with RGD if you wish to go this route, as he can give you recommendations on the valving. I think he would have liked to have gone stiffer on the damping, so that he wouldn't have to crank it up to the stiffest settings. Anyways, as far as FG2s vs QA1s. Shrug. Just as curious as you. Inquired about this some time ago, as well. Let's see...

Rey
11-06-07, 09:05 PM
TPIS sells QA1 in a kit form.

ZEUSROTTY
11-06-07, 09:27 PM
looked on there site and didnt see them... I will try calling them.

atdeneve
11-07-07, 08:17 AM
TPIS sells QA1 in a kit form.

Oh, my bad. I take it back then. Didn't know a QA1 kit was available. Cool.

rgd
11-07-07, 01:34 PM
Damn, I hate this SH_T! I just spent 30 minutes writing up all I know about the QA! shocks, part numbers etc. And somehow deleted everything by accident while previewing my post.

So now you get the short answer. If you have any Q's PM me i'll try to answer.

I like being able to adjust the shocks. Between that and air pressure I can usually get my car handling right while at the track.
If you get QA1's have them filled with the heavier grade oil.

TC3010P frnt single adj
DTC3010P frnt dbl adj
TC3020P rear single adj
For all I know they could be using a completly different set-up now.

The front shocks mounting (bottom) is modified for the V.
I have the GC kit with 750# front springs and 800# springs on the rear.

I hope this helps a little.

rgd~out