: check coolant level warning mid turn...

the dumontster
11-05-07, 01:40 PM
I was taking a pretty long left sweeping turn and in the middle received a "Check Coolant level" warning on the DIC. My temps are fine and my coolant level is fine. I assume it was due to the mad Gs in the turn. Is this a known issue? Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
Mike

SkullV
11-05-07, 02:04 PM
I havent ever experienced this, but I get the same type of thing in my 94 Chevy Truck's gas gauge. When I accelerate or brake hard the gauge will change level because of the forces put on the fluid. I wouldn't worry about it.

cmltx1
11-05-07, 02:28 PM
I have a long sweeping right turn on my way home from work, and that message appeared for me a few days in a row. I checked the coolant level and it was just a bit low. I filled it up and haven't seen it back yet. Just thought I would pass the info along.

the dumontster
11-05-07, 03:08 PM
That's great thanks! Wondering if any owners who track the car have gotten this before?

Flyboy
11-05-07, 03:45 PM
I used to get that warning first thing in the morning when everything was cold......(i.e. - - - no expansion).

Checked the tank and it appeared "maybe" 1/4 inch low......added the 1/4 of distilled water and problem left and never came back.

VCAT
11-05-07, 05:14 PM
i started getting warnings out of no where i took it in to the dealer they said some of the v's have probs with the sensor sticking, that could be part of the prob.

the dumontster
11-05-07, 07:53 PM
Thanks fellas, if it happens again I will most likely bring it in. After my own inspection, I see no reason to be concerned.