: Interested In A Track Day??????

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-05-07, 01:00 PM
We, in conjunction with feffman (MVPTrackTime.com) are thinking about having a track day at Summit Point in West Virginia. It would be next year,early spring (April-May). 6 20 minute sessions (2 hour total) and a catered lunch. cost would be $250.00 ish depending on turnout. thats about all the info I have at this early stage of planning but I would like to gage interest (I wont hold you to it!!!). leave a post here if it sounds like somthing you would like to do. by the way it will be a weekday, most likely a Friday or Monday. I would love for it to be just V's so if you have never tried tracking your car this would be a great opportunity!!

RunningOnEMT
11-05-07, 01:16 PM
In,... might have some people from the Capitol area Cobra Club interested

SkullV
11-05-07, 01:17 PM
I would love to come, but only have experience racing in a straight line! Would there be any instructors on hand, or would any of the guys here with experience be willing to teach/do ride-alongs? I have been thinking about it a lot and I really want to get this baby on the track!!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-05-07, 01:29 PM
I would love to come, but only have experience racing in a straight line! Would there be any instructors on hand, or would any of the guys here with experience be willing to teach/do ride-alongs? I have been thinking about it a lot and I really want to get this baby on the track!!

Sorry forgot to mention that part. Yes, there will be qualified instructors on hand.

SkullV
11-05-07, 01:31 PM
Get me a date/time! I'm In!..maybe I can even save up alllllll my warranty work for you guys!

RunningOnEMT
11-05-07, 01:31 PM
ok ... just asked my buddy in the CACC (yes he owns a V too, not on the boards though) he said he's in and he can probably guarantee at least half a dozen shelby's (unless this is caddy ONLY)

robertb
11-05-07, 03:28 PM
I would be interested. By the way, which track are you considering? The Summit Point circuit (main track) would be more in line with CTS-Vs as opposed to the Shenandoah track which is tighter and better for lighter more tossable cars.

Robert

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-05-07, 03:47 PM
I think we will be leaning towards the summit point circuit.

trukk
11-05-07, 04:25 PM
I think we will be leaning towards the summit point circuit.

I would definately be in for Summit main.

Shenandoah makes me crap my pants. Can you say Jersey Walls?

Only 75 mins from my house :D

Also I'd prefer to go with 4 30 min sessions, 20 min is too short.

-Chris

Pegasus04
11-05-07, 06:41 PM
Yes please. Thank you for the offer. :highfive:

V-Love
11-05-07, 09:22 PM
..maybe I can even save up alllllll my warranty work for you guys!

Thats a great idea. We could drive(or flatbed) in from all over the country, blow our diffs at the track, and get all our warranty work brought up to date. I'm in too.
Actually, with that much advance notice, it could be the national get together we need to do. All V's allowed. I would consider making the trip.

CTSV_Rob
11-05-07, 10:45 PM
Sounds like good fun but maybe a tad far for me.

I do have a car hauler and I don't mind putting the miles on the 2500... Might be close to a 4 day drive...

If you were mid country I would do it but maybe just a little too far for 3 20 minute runs. Damn it, have fun...

v-sam
11-05-07, 10:57 PM
I am in Feffman does one hell of a track day

thebigjimsho
11-05-07, 11:23 PM
I am in Feffman does one hell of a track dayYes he does! I'll be there...

cobrayankee
11-06-07, 09:04 AM
I'm in. I know it's too early now, but I'd suggest a 25% deposit within 2 months of the event to make sure everyone follows through with it.

rand49er
11-06-07, 09:14 AM
This sounds absolutely great!!! But, for those of us who can't get there :crying: , I'd like to suggest that those who can get your cameras ready, and videos would be the berries!

The rest of us can then :banghead: and :drool: when you post them. :yup:

Nels
11-06-07, 09:20 AM
I would be interested in attending this event. I'm a non V though. Would that be a problem?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-06-07, 09:26 AM
This sounds absolutely great!!! But, for those of us who can't get there :crying: , I'd like to suggest that those who can get your cameras ready, and videos would be the berries!

The rest of us can then :banghead: and :drool: when you post them. :yup:

Randy, its only 490 miles door to door!!!

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-06-07, 09:33 AM
I would be interested in attending this event. I'm a non V though. Would that be a problem?

not a problem Nels.

Natedog
11-06-07, 02:01 PM
I'm definitely in... should have the GC kit and hotchkis sways in by then

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-06-07, 11:24 PM
keep it up fella's. this is a huge check to write so I need to make sure there is enough interest!!!

Nels
11-06-07, 11:33 PM
There's interest in the other CTS forum.

AirCav
11-06-07, 11:42 PM
Will a box stock V serve the purpose for a newbie to try this stuff out or do you really need race tires, brakes, shocks, sway bars, etc?

Since you guys won't let me drag race the beast, I think that I'd like to give this a whirl.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-07-07, 12:06 AM
Will a box stock V serve the purpose for a newbie to try this stuff out or do you really need race tires, brakes, shocks, sway bars, etc?

Since you guys won't let me drag race the beast, I think that I'd like to give this a whirl.

a stock V IS a race car!!!! just want to get some high boil point brake fluid in there and maybeeee some different pads to prevent brake fade.

GOTTSPD
11-07-07, 12:41 AM
I'm in. Might bring the NSX instead of the V.... ;) Y'all would crush me in the straights, but I'd be all over you like white on rice in the corners... On the other hand, maybe I'd bring the V and go head to head....

Depending on the number of folks, it might be nice to separate novice and experienced racers.

Feffman
11-07-07, 08:15 AM
Depending on the number of folks, it might be nice to separate novice and experienced racers.

We plan on running three groups Novice, Intermediate and Advanced with qualifed instructors for those in the Novice group.

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

SkullV
11-07-07, 03:54 PM
please please please make this a Friday!!! I am in school and would need to make this a weekend trip!!!

WHYTRY
11-07-07, 04:28 PM
Would love to so keep us posted

2004ctsv
11-07-07, 05:14 PM
Luke

Thanks for the call. I just got back into town so didn't see the thread.

I'm a definite if May 1 or later. My car is only insured and registered for the 6 warm months each year - May 1 through October 31.

Tony

CTSV_Rob
11-07-07, 05:20 PM
a stock V IS a race car!!!! just want to get some high boil point brake fluid in there and maybeeee some different pads to prevent brake fade.
Looks like your blowing an opportunity to sell some parts.

Cross drilled rotors, Hawk Pads, SST Brake lines,...

FIVEOH!!!
11-07-07, 05:41 PM
I'm in ! Though I am a novice when it comes to tracks. Whenever you can get an official date would be great. Must start shopping for an Uber video camera!!

ronr
11-07-07, 08:47 PM
It's a bit of a hike but I might be able to talk myself into it... maybe I could drag Randy there with me :)

CVP33
11-07-07, 09:55 PM
Got room for my fat ass SRT-8? :crowded:

nickc50310
11-08-07, 01:19 AM
Just got wind of this thread from Nels.

I might be interested if this was some sort of big meet. I dont know if I would want to race on the track really since all I have done is 1/4 mile.

You guys should make this the big meet for the year!! :thumbsup:

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-08-07, 11:12 PM
Got room for my fat ass SRT-8? :crowded:

if we have room for gottspd's NSX and possibly some cobra guys we have room for the fat ass SRT-8

ewill3rd
11-09-07, 08:26 AM
Hmmmm.
Who's gonna let me use their car!?
:histeric:

Heck, I might come just to say hey, and maybe bring a few tools. :D

They probably wouldn't let me run the ol' R6 out there huh?

RunningOnEMT
11-09-07, 08:51 AM
Hmmmm.

you can drive my car as long as you promise to fix it afterwards:-p

FIVEOH!!!
11-09-07, 11:20 AM
Hmmmm.

Yes sir... Drive the hell out of it and you can fix it later... works for me:bouncy:

P-Funk
11-09-07, 02:19 PM
Too early for me to commit since it is so far away but I'm interested.

SkullV
11-09-07, 02:26 PM
Any news on if its going to be a Friday yet?????

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-09-07, 02:38 PM
Any news on if its going to be a Friday yet?????

I think we will be leaning strongly towards a Friday.

SkullV
11-09-07, 05:03 PM
Excellent choice...unfortunately there are no days off or paid vacation here at Purdue! I'll see if some of the PAPA (Purdue Automotive Performance Association) guys want to make a trip out of it!

V-Love
11-09-07, 05:16 PM
Luke,
Be sure to get the transponder package so we can see who clocks fastest lap in stock and mod.

Nels
11-09-07, 06:06 PM
Is there a tentative date set? Also is there any hotel information you can forward to us?

I'm tiring to coordinate my race schedule as well other commitments I have.

Feffman
11-09-07, 07:06 PM
Is there a tentative date set? Also is there any hotel information you can forward to us?

I'm tiring to coordinate my race schedule as well other commitments I have.

We are waiting to hear back from Summit Point. They are a bit slow on the uptake.

Feff

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-10-07, 06:48 PM
dont be shy fella's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
put a post on here even if you are marginally interested, I promise I wont come looking for you if you change your mind.

Black Sunshine
11-11-07, 12:54 AM
Would love to put the V thru some paces on the curves. I like running "new to me" tracks. When we finish we could drop by MIR and make some runs, too.

(This location probably wouldn't be a good pick for a National event. The Nats should be somewhere like St. Louis or Indianapolis. Centralized (East Coast - West Coast) with a venue that can handle a car show, sound off, drag racing, road racing AND auto-x. Open to ALL Caddy's. ISSCA did it this year in St. Louis with about 200 entrants for ~$200/head in just TWO DAYS! Doin' it again Father's Day weekend '08!)

robertb
11-11-07, 11:25 AM
I am a bit surprised by the luke warm responses to the track day offer. I would think that the ability to have fun pushing our cars to the limit of handling and acceleration in a SAFE and controlled environment would have everyone breaking down the doors. Until a few months ago, my V was stock, and that is what I took to the track. Now, my only mods are the GM racing sway bars (which have made a huge difference in the handling on the track!) and the UUC shifter.

I realize that geography is a big constraint, but I have to believe there are a lot of Vs around the mid-Atlantic area and a few who are willing to drive even further.

As someone who only recently started tracking my V a couple of years ago, it has become one of the most fun experiences of owning this car. Most important to me is the safety element. I can push hard and test the limits of the car without worrying about some knucklehead on the streets.

For me, it would be really great to "mix it up" on the track with other Vs. Again, even in stock form, these cars are a blast on the track. Come on guys, you don't know all the fun you are missing! However, one word of warning, it is contagious!

Robert

thebigjimsho
11-11-07, 02:37 PM
I don't know, I think 49 posts in this thread is pretty good.

FIVEOH!!!
11-11-07, 03:32 PM
50 post !! Can't wait for this event. Still waiting on a official date Luke..... :)

11-11-07, 05:46 PM
Count me in as a definite maybe. April and May are tricky scheduling months for me,
but I would like to give it a try.

Friday is probably the best day for everyone...but does Summit's FATT take
precedence on Fridays?

AAIIIC
11-12-07, 03:47 AM
I would be very interested, but the Navy will have me out in the PacNW as of March, so I'm afraid I won't be making the event. :(

Looks like your blowing an opportunity to sell some parts.

Cross drilled rotors, Hawk Pads, SST Brake lines,...
I hope Luke wouldn't be silly enough to sell cross-drilled rotors for track use!

I might be interested if this was some sort of big meet. I dont know if I would want to race on the track really since all I have done is 1/4 mile.
You want to do this, trust me. Drag racing is nice and all, but once you've spent 20min on track (hell, once you've spent 5min on track!) you'll be hooked.

Luke,
Be sure to get the transponder package so we can see who clocks fastest lap in stock and mod.
Keep in mind that if there's timing going on that can affect insurance claims. If it's an untimed event then it's just a driving school. When you throw timing into the mix it becomes a competitive event in the eyes of the insurance companies. Hopefully this will be a moot point (hopefully nobody will need to file any insurance claims), but I still think it's something to be aware of. I've totalled a car at a track event, and I got it covered because it was not a timed event. If I had been signed up for or participating in the time trial that the club was going to be running that afternoon I would have been out $20k.

The past couple times I've been down to Summit I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Winchester, VA. Probably 15-20min to the track and it's a nice hotel - good spread for breakfast, broadband internet in each room, etc etc.

Feffman
11-12-07, 01:57 PM
Hi All:

READ THIS UPDATE!!!

I just spoke to Luke Butler at Lindsay Cadillac about the Lindsay Automotive track day in 2008. Would anyone prefer Virginia International Raceway's (http://www.virclub.com/vir/) full 3.27 mile road course over the 2 miles Summitt Point track? It would likely be Monday, June 30th. It's a Monday because every weekend and Friday are booked several years in advance.

VIR is on of America's premiere tracks. Quite a bit larger for the CTS-V to stretch it's legs and the facilites are first rate as it's a country club setting. Let's hear your choice!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer - MVP Track Time

WHYTRY
11-12-07, 02:41 PM
Would be able to attend Summit but not VIR

GOTTSPD
11-12-07, 02:43 PM
I'd rather do Summit then VIR. VIR is great, but it's too far for us DC Metro folks, especially on a Monday - almost necessitates taking another day out of the office for the return trip on Tuesday.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-12-07, 02:51 PM
cmon fella's if I have to make the drive from northern VA to watch you guys have all the fun, you guys can make the drive to have the fun!!! done racing by 4 ish haul ass back here, go in to the office an hour or 2 late on tuesday!!

Nels
11-12-07, 03:12 PM
Eather works for me. Just let me us know what's decided. I would like to know the dates soon.

v-sam
11-12-07, 04:23 PM
I spoke with Luke at Lindsay 20 mins ago. He informed me about the possible change to VIR. I want to encourage all of you to make it to VIR. Its a great track! The V was almost made for VIR. It has a combination of high and low speed turns. A 3,000 + ft. straightaway. Of all tracks I have been to it is my favorite. Not to mention Feffman puts on one of the most well run track days I have been to. Feffman offers plenty of track time a low cost. I drove 17 hours to run with Feffman and would do it again. So I can only imagine what kind of 1st class show Feffman and Luke will put on at VIR. If it is your 1st or 10th track day you should come check it out. If you don't feel comfortable driving come for a ride along and see if its for you. My thanks to Luke and Feffman for making this happen

trukk
11-12-07, 08:00 PM
It maybe tough to swing a Monday @ VIR for me. Friday @ Summit is no problem at all.

Any idea what group is there the weekend before? I could double dip. It makes sense to doa three day weekend there, but hard to justify the 6 hour trip plus two days off work for 1 day at VIR. ALTHOUGH VIR is the BOMB!!!

-Chris

MLV
11-13-07, 12:13 AM
VIR is only 608 miles; I might just do that. I've never raced the V but after spending last week at the Bondurant Grand Prix Racing Course I'd like to try it. By the way, for any who can do it, the Bondurant course is a total blast.

CVP33, fear the camel humper! Hope to see you there.:spin:

V-Love
11-13-07, 12:57 PM
:highfive:
cmon fella's if I have to make the drive from northern VA to watch you guys have all the fun, you guys can make the drive to have the fun!!! done racing by 4 ish haul ass back here, go in to the office an hour or 2 late on tuesday!!

I agree. I'm ready to drive from the Keys just to get another track under my belt. Take a sick day guys. You won't regret it. Especially if you have never hit the track. As mentioned, its highly addictive.
Luke, you ain't drivin'?

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
11-13-07, 01:13 PM
:highfive:

I agree. I'm ready to drive from the Keys just to get another track under my belt. Take a sick day guys. You won't regret it. Especially if you have never hit the track. As mentioned, its highly addictive.
Luke, you ain't drivin'?

my wife wont let me race her Maxima and I dont think my Buick Century will hold up!!!

CVP33
11-13-07, 08:52 PM
VIR is only 608 miles; I might just do that. I've never raced the V but after spending last week at the Bondurant Grand Prix Racing Course I'd like to try it. By the way, for any who can do it, the Bondurant course is a total blast.

CVP33, fear the camel humper! Hope to see you there.:spin:

May your inner thighs be free from chafing!

MLV
11-14-07, 11:16 PM
May your inner thighs be free from chafing!

So will the '09 V bring you back to the fold? :)

JonCR96Z
11-14-07, 11:46 PM
This is gonna be the best track day ever!:2thumbs::banana: