: ATTN all Mutants like sal

Stoneage_Caddy
04-29-04, 11:34 PM
i wanna grow up and be like you guys !!!

so ive been going to the GYM 4 times a week for the last 3 weeks . I havent seem much change outside my treadmill abilitys

then i seen on some kind of network TV dramatic makerover type show and this guy put on 15 lbs of muscle mass in 1.5 weeks

so im wondering , outside roids whats a guy gotta do to get a good body ?

im doing 10-13 reps on each machine every other day , eating a little beatter and trying my best to get some good sleep . as for weight i have them set up to be quite tough by the 10th rep . i have seen a little change in weight useage from when i first started but i think im just now finding my limits

as for body wieght , ive lost 10 lbs so far with my diet change and the long hauls on the treadmill (talking 30 minutes 3.0 mph with 5% grade)

not on a real time table but i want a decent body before i ever try to talk to women on a personal level again . being in college the pickings couldnt be any beatter

Dubya
04-29-04, 11:43 PM
if you work out, there's something called hydroxicut, you can pick it up at gnc, it doesn't help you gain muscle, but if you work out with it, it makes you more defined

Ralph
04-29-04, 11:57 PM
Amino acids? Joe Weider's Protein Powder. Eat lots of protein. Whey powder for protein?

Or just go to L.A. and get the new muscle implants men are buying now. :helpless:

Msilva954
04-30-04, 07:08 AM
Saw that same show the other day, he was one ugly mofo, and they made him look alot more decent, I was talkin to my father bout it I weigh the same as that guy did but 6'5". I need weight too.

BeelzeBob
04-30-04, 08:54 AM
Creatine is one way.. I love talking about this stuff so I'll be back to discuss this more.. I've gotta run for the moment so if I don't get back here, PM me for a reminder. :p

JJhomer83
04-30-04, 09:06 AM
i am a huge 150lbs at 5'7"
I can't gain weight unless i drink i lift and run 3 days a week and nothing it sucks

Elvis
04-30-04, 09:15 AM
Sal is right, Creatine is the answer. It's easy, and doesn't taste bad. Increase your reps, maybe at a lower weight.

BeelzeBob
04-30-04, 11:38 AM
First of all... What is more important right now? Gaining muscle? Or losing weight? If you're looking to lose weight you need more aerobic exercise than anaerobic (weights). Keep your heartrate up for 30 minutes (if you can) during your workouts. Tread mill is great, aerobic bike is great, jump rope... Make weight training your secondary exercise.. 10-15 reps to get your muscles hard and keep your body moving (note, this is either before or after your 30 minutes of treadmill, bike, etc).

On the other hand - if building muscle is more important to you (the more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism is - and a faster metabolism burns fat faster than a slower metabolism) - then you should be doing 6-10 reps on exercises and making aerobics your secondary priority.. In fact, I would leave out aerobics altogether unless you're just going to do 15 minutes or so before or after your workout. 15 minutes before would be fine to warm-up with...

Creatine works for building muscle.. You'll gain strength.. Check out www.reallegalsteroids.com if you want something that's legal and actually works.. Nobody gains 15 pounds in a week without taking something illegal. But, with some of the legal steroids out there, you Can gain 30 pounds in a month. Otherwise.. The only thing that's going to help you is to either reduce your caloric intake (to lose weight) or increase your caloric intake (to gain weight). About a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Keep your fat intake low and your carbohydrate intake medium..

JJhomer83
04-30-04, 11:50 AM
interesting sal,
is there a specific diet that you follow or any foods that you stay away from. What foods are REALLY bad for you? Does smoking/drinking/etc... affect your ability to work out that much?

BeelzeBob
04-30-04, 01:49 PM
I used to be REALLY keen on all this information - and then I met the internet.. But, I do believe smoking will prohibit you from gaining what you would if you didn't smoke. Alcohol dehydrates you - so that couldn't be good either.. Muscle is mostly water.. But I'd say it's still better to drink, smoke AND workout - rather then drink, smoke - and do nothing..

I believe in a low-carb diet.. There's nothing unsafe about it as long as you're getting your nutrients.. A full-spectrum multi-vitamin (with minerals), fibre, and plenty of water is very important.. Not only for those on a low-carb diet, but for everyone. I can't stress enough how important minerals are now that so many of us are drinking bottled/filtered water...

Pimpin_Whity
04-30-04, 02:08 PM
you said you do every machine every day :hmm:, that's bad. you need to do one muscle group one day and another group the next day. let's say you start on monday, you do back, biceps and legs. tuesday you do chest, shoulders and triceps. and you keep on changing. you also have to change up the excersizes for the same muscle, if you did a bench press for chest, do flys or incline dumbell press the next time. also remember to increase the weight every one or two weeks. change is one of the most important principles of lifting weights, your body gets used to benching 200lbs 8 reps every time, so get 2 big dumbells and do the incline press. i wouldn't advise using any type of pills or shakes but if you want quick results, it's the only way.

Dubya
04-30-04, 02:47 PM
he sal, maybe you can help me out, here's my situation

im 6'2, about 190lbs. im average, not skinny, not fat, just a little extra padding all around- little bit of a gut/love handles :P. what im trying to do is loose fat and gain muscle, or turn that fat into muscle, whatever. lately ive been running about 2 miles 2 times a week (trying to step it up to 3-4 eventually) and lifting/situps etc. should i also take that creatin? ive heard of it before, dont know if its the right stuff for what im trying to do, becasue im not a super skinny guy to begin with

and where's the best place to get it? gnc?

thanks! you rock!

cause as many of you have figured out, personality doesn't matter for girls, muscles = girls, its just the way it is....

JJhomer83
04-30-04, 03:02 PM
cause as many of you have figured out, personality doesn't matter for girls, muscles = girls, its just the way it is....
Muhahahahhahaa so true

Pimpin_Whity
04-30-04, 03:21 PM
i dont know what kind of girls you talk to, but if you look like a steroid freak girls automatically think you're not too bright :banghead:

JJhomer83
04-30-04, 03:33 PM
i dont know what kind of girls you talk to, but if you look like a steroid freak girls automatically think you're not too bright :banghead:
well that is true as well, so now im torn do i stay a skinny punk like i am now or do i bulk up, hmmmm........ so many decisions what to do :hmm:

ahh screw it i got a girl so im going to the bar and ill do my one handed workout :drinker

ttown
04-30-04, 04:07 PM
I was a bodybuilder for several years, so I have a little insight.

I only stopped just recently because my muscles became stonger than my tendons and I have torn the tendons out of both of my elbows.

I used to curl 250lbs.
Squat 800lbs
Leg press 1600lbs
Bench press 500lbs

At my peak I weighed 135 w/5% body fat and I am 5'7"

First! Don't take hydroxycuts or any other pill or drink that affects your heart.
You could end up with severe heart damage or a heart attack.

Eat lots of protein! 1.5 grams per 1lb of body weight.
Eat fish, steak, high end whey protein shakes, etc.

Always have food in your stomach. Divide your meals into six times a day.
This will increase your metabolism because you body burns up energy while digesting.

Do not eat any carbs after 3pm. Your body will then used stored fat for energy at night.

Eat at least 30 grams of protein with 30 min. of ending a workout session.
That is when your body produces growth hormone.

Eat at least 30 grams of protein before you go to bed.
Your body also produces GH while in deep sleep.

Creatine only increase the water volume in your muscles, it is a myth that it makes muscles. Only protein can make muscles.

Discount Sport Nutrition is a great place to get suppliments. (they are online)

Take a very good multi-vitamine.

Warm up on a bike or treadmill for 15 mins. before you work out.

Stretch the muscles you plan to work on both before and after you work out.

Work out 2 body parts a day for at least an hour per area.

Form is the most important thing in lifting. If you are doing it incorrectly you will eventually hurt yourself.

I would work out Mon. thru Fri. and do Cardio twice a week for at least 30 min.

Last but not least, "DRINK LOTS OF WATER!" I always have a water bottle with me.

If you are interrested I could post my old work out schedule.

I hope this is helpful.

JJhomer83
04-30-04, 04:22 PM
TTown if you don't mind i would like to see any information you have on working out and eating right i am 21 and your size and i want to just be very lean not ripped but very defined. I have been running and that's about it i have lost some weight doing so but i love to drink on fridays and saturdays though

ttown
04-30-04, 04:52 PM
TTown if you don't mind i would like to see any information you have on working out and eating right i am 21 and your size and i want to just be very lean not ripped but very defined. I have been running and that's about it i have lost some weight doing so but i love to drink on fridays and saturdays though

If you drink beer, drink a low carb beer.

Beer is one of those items that will give you a spare tire fast.

ttown
04-30-04, 04:56 PM
If you want to cut up then you need to do high rep workouts.

12 - 25 reps per set and at least 5 sets per excercise w/ 4 different execises per muscle group.

The first set should always be extremely light weight. That is to just strech your muscle's.
I would also recommend a 30 min. cardio befor and after all workouts.

ttown
04-30-04, 05:04 PM
No "one" work out is perfect for everybody. What works for one person may not for another. I recommend reading several different mens health and body building magazines. Try different excercises for a cycle (4 week period) and see what works.

The saying, "No pain, no gain," is false. It is normal to be sore after just begining to work out, but after the initial "break in" period, you should only have a little discomfort every now and again, depending on the intensity of your work out or if begining a new cycle.

Every four weeks you should change all your exercises to different ones that target the same muscle groups, and or that order in which you perform each exercise for each muscle group.

Dubya
04-30-04, 05:15 PM
thanks for all the info, and for those of us that are clueless....me

any books/websites you recomened that shows what workouts to do, what area they work, that kind of stuff?

what types of foods have alot of proteins? or is a supplement a good way to go for protein? what about multi-vitamins? any recomendations for products?

what has alot of carbs? what has low carbs?

thanks! sorry im so clueless....

ttown
04-30-04, 05:23 PM
thanks for all the info, and for those of us that are clueless....me

any books/websites you recomened that shows what workouts to do, what area they work, that kind of stuff?

what types of foods have alot of proteins? or is a supplement a good way to go for protein? what about multi-vitamins? any recomendations for products?

what has alot of carbs? what has low carbs?

thanks! sorry im so clueless....
meat/fish = protein

sugar/fruits = carbs (I still recommend eating a lot of fruit early in the day)

low fat means nothing!! ignore those labels

Always read nutritional facts listed on foods, they show everything you need to know.

I took protien supplements because meat was not always a convient source. I ate 30 grams of protein (supplement) every two hours. Keep in mind, I was trying to gain body mass.

Magazines: Flex, Mens Health, Muscle Media 2000, etc. You can find all of them a book stores or Wal Mart.

BeelzeBob
05-01-04, 07:53 AM
TTown is right about everything. Creatine is used to gain weight - not lose weight. If you want to gain strength and muscle - use Creatine. No, Creatine doesn't build muscle - but it does build strength (which, as an end result, will build muscle) and it does increase the water-volume in your muscles - which will also, as an end result - cause more muscle to be built. I forget the exact specifics in regards to the increase in water helping muscle-growth, but it's true..

Take it - or leave it...

Dubya
05-01-04, 11:56 PM
is there anything recommended for someone like me, who just wants to turn some fat into muscle? or lose fat-gain muscle. lately ive been watching what i eat, and working out, but its not going to quick....just a little help would be nice!! what about that hydroxicut?

thanks!

maydog
05-02-04, 01:28 AM
I used creatine for several months to get past an apparant "plateau" of sorts in my workout. I gained 10-15 pounds but I did not realize any great increase in strength. I did notice that i had to get up in the night to urinate however. I promptly lost the weight after stopping the supplement. I do not think I saw any real benefit -it may be due to the shape I am already in or the types of workouts I do.

I did so some research into creatine before I started. It is sometimes given to MS patients to help maintain some muscle mass and the heart absorbs it as well. It looks like it may have some cognitive effects - but primarily in those whose diets are deficeient (vegetarians.)

Maybe creatine is a good confidence booster to get someone started in an exercise program becaue you can see nearly instant results on the scale. It may give you a little extra energy boost at the beginning of the workout.

My medically oriented associates say the energy source creatine provides is burned rather quickly, in 30 seconds or so. Maybe that energy can be used iun power type lifts: cleans, jerks, plyometrics, but doing several reps would have to obtain energy form a longer lasting source.

I may try using it again for a period in the summer as I start bike training to see if it helps. I will do more reasearch, first, as I would not want to risk dehydration - I can lose up to 15 pounds on a hard days ride.

BeelzeBob
05-02-04, 09:20 AM
is there anything recommended for someone like me, who just wants to turn some fat into muscle? or lose fat-gain muscle. lately ive been watching what i eat, and working out, but its not going to quick....just a little help would be nice!! what about that hydroxicut?

thanks!
Hydroxycut worked when it had ephedrine in it.. But, people with high blood pressure could die from taking it - so it's off the market.. Just keep exercising and eating right and you'll get there.. It takes some time.. But you'll come around...

Stoneage_Caddy
05-02-04, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the imput guys , i was out for 2 days doing some fishing after getting my grandparents into a new car (focus wagon)..theres a seperate story there .

anyway sorry for not getting back sooner , no computer where i was

"What is more important right now?" Gaining muscle, i weigh right what i should and i dont want to mess that up unless any flabbyness is swapped for defined musciles

"cause as many of you have figured out, personality doesn't matter for girls, muscles = girls, its just the way it is..."
yes , belive me personality i have , and tons of girls that are "just freinds" is what i got from it

ttown- i would be interested in a schedule im wondering about what the trainer perscribed . its good to know im not supposed to be sore after workouts , was another reson i wondered what was going on , was only sore for a day and that was right after i began the workout routine

so if i eat more of my steaks ill be doing great ?(jack dainles marinated strip stecks) bananas? i eat lots of peanut butter and walnuts now is that good ?

right now i do cardio and my strength exercises on tuesdays , thrusdays ,saturdays all other days are strictly cardio as the trainer said musciles needed time to recoup

Eat at least 30 grams of protein with 30 min. of ending a workout session.
That is when your body produces growth hormone.

Eat at least 30 grams of protein before you go to bed.
Your body also produces GH while in deep sleep.

this i didnt even know , im going to print out your post in a minute and hang it up in here to track all this

thanks for the replys everyone and that link sal , between sal and town i think im gonna be doing this thing right now . :worship:

BeelzeBob
05-03-04, 10:51 AM
You'll do fine if you're consistent and dedicated.. Just an FYI - fat cannot turn to muscle. :p

ttown
05-03-04, 11:10 AM
Muscle recuperate times:

Abs - 2 days
Bicepts, tricepts, deltoids(shoulders) - 3 days
Back - 4 days
Legs(quadracepts/hams) - 7 days (if you squat, ONLY DO IT EVERY OTHER WEEK, it is a very strenuous excercise!)
Calves - 3 days

I hope this helps.

JJhomer83
05-03-04, 11:52 AM
Muscle recuperate times:

Abs - 2 days
Back - 4 days
Legs(quadracepts/hams) - 7 days (if you squat, ONLY DO IT EVERY OTHER WEEK, it is a very strenuous excercise!)
Calves - 3 days

I hope this helps.

That is more of a help than you think. Makes a lot of sense to me now

The girl and i just started on Saturday working out together. We are both small people and just want to trim a little fat off. We started running right now and are doing very light weight with high reps. We are both trying to eat a lot healthier but its very hard for me to do that b/c i am always on the run for lunch and dinner during the week
my goals are for me to lose 1" off the waste and get my abs to show again.
hers is to loose a couple of pounds and get rid of her handles that she grew over the winter.

Its hard for us to set a weight limit b/c we are both light so were going for inches. She is 115 and i am 155

Elvis
05-03-04, 01:48 PM
Muscle recuperate times:

Abs - 2 days
Back - 4 days
Calves - 3 days

I hope this helps.

That's one of the most helpful things I've read in this thread. Based on experience, I'd have to say it's right on the money, but I never really thought there were differences between different muscle groups. I just thought there was something wrong with me because I thought everything was supposed to recover in 48 hours.

All I do now is cardio. I don't remember my heart ever hurting after an hour on the treadmill.

ShadowLvr400
05-03-04, 01:58 PM
10-13 reps? Work out lighter and harder. I was cross/endurance training. Typically 50-100 reps depending on the muscle group. (Abs always saw 100 reps, I was gunning for the 6 pack.) Usually spent about an hour to an hour and a half on machines, then 40 mins or so of basketball because I can never resist it.

BeelzeBob
05-03-04, 03:13 PM
Your heart shouldn't hurt after an hour on the treadmill.. What gave you the idea it should or would?

50 reps.. I used to do that kind of training every now and then. Just to switch things up. Some people believe in it - some don't.. I'm talking bis, tris, chest, back.. All that stuff.. :p

ttown
05-03-04, 03:24 PM
Your heart shouldn't hurt after an hour on the treadmill.. What gave you the idea it should or would?

50 reps.. I used to do that kind of training every now and then. Just to switch things up. Some people believe in it - some don't.. I'm talking bis, tris, chest, back.. All that stuff.. :p
I second that notion!:bouncy: