: Track Tires//Good find u might like!

rgd
11-03-07, 04:08 PM
These tires will fit your track rims. In other words not street tire friendly.

Hoosier has discontinued tires on their website that are a great deal.

P255/40R18WET
You can pick up rain (only) tires which are R6 compound tires cut for rain for only, $105.00 free shipping.
When I spoke to them I was told the tires would last about two sessions on dry road though.

They charge $7.00 handling fee but thats it.

245/645R18 GT A little wider than stock but not much. Not sure if I will need a spacer or not.
Also, last years GT tires, $189.00 ea. These are a race slick but they are heavy duty for GT class.
They said the tires should hold like an R6 compound tire but last longer.
They better last longer, my last set of R6 tires lasted only 3 days. That was $400.00 a day just for tires.

So anyway thats all I have. Just wanted to share for those interested in a deal.

rgd-out

50 4Ever
11-03-07, 09:09 PM
Great find, thanks for posting. :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
11-04-07, 12:47 AM
They had 245/40 rain tires on sale for something like $68 per not too long ago. I always check Hoosier's site on discontinued stuff every month or two...

V-Love
11-06-07, 11:56 PM
These tires will fit your track rims. In other words not street tire friendly.

Hoosier has discontinued tires on their website that are a great deal.

P255/40R18WET
You can pick up rain (only) tires which are R6 compound tires cut for rain for only, $105.00 free shipping.
When I spoke to them I was told the tires would last about two sessions on dry road though.

They charge $7.00 handling fee but thats it.

245/645R18 GT A little wider than stock but not much. Not sure if I will need a spacer or not.
Also, last years GT tires, $189.00 ea. These are a race slick but they are heavy duty for GT class.
They said the tires should hold like an R6 compound tire but last longer.
They better last longer, my last set of R6 tires lasted only 3 days. That was $400.00 a day just for tires.

So anyway thats all I have. Just wanted to share for those interested in a deal.

rgd-out

rgd,
I assume those tires would be better than my falken 452's on a dry day? I need something for homestead on 11/24. My falkens won't make it another day on the track. I have my original rims that I was gonna dedicate to the track and $420 for a set would be great as I am going on vacation and cant afford to spend anything right now. Should I go for them?

Nels
11-07-07, 09:13 AM
They don't ship north of the boarder. I'll have to wait until one of the tire distributors follows the same pricing on discontinued products.

rgd
11-07-07, 12:48 PM
rgd,
I assume those tires would be better than my falken 452's on a dry day? I need something for homestead on 11/24. My falkens won't make it another day on the track. I have my original rims that I was gonna dedicate to the track and $420 for a set would be great as I am going on vacation and cant afford to spend anything right now. Should I go for them?

They will not last one day if it is dry. Too soft rubber.
I just mounted the slicks yesterday. Cost under $800. Still a good deal, if they last more than three days!

V-Love
11-07-07, 10:38 PM
Thanks fo the help. Glad I asked first.

V-Love
11-12-07, 11:14 PM
They will not last one day if it is dry. Too soft rubber.
I just mounted the slicks yesterday. Cost under $800. Still a good deal, if they last more than three days!

One more question. Whats the difference between GT and DP?
How are the slicks treating you?
Do they fit the stock rims nice?
Sorry, thats 3 questions.

Less than $200 each seems like a great price for a track tire. Will I notice a big difference from the Falkens? This will be my first track tire. Thanks.