: Smaller pedals...anyone make them?

Nitro-C5
11-03-07, 06:14 AM
Picked up my CTS-V a few days ago...although I have test driven many times I really learned to appreciate during my 1.5 hours home from the dealership. Overall GREAT car!

Question: I'm a big guy and although I fit fine inside my foot really has a hard time managing from gas to break (I have size 13 shoe)...my right foot is kind of lodged on the gas pedal from the brake pedal so close. Anyone else experience?...if so is there a place to buy smaller foot pedals to help prevent?

Thanks,
Rick

rand49er
11-03-07, 07:42 AM
Some of us have the AutoVation aluminum pedals. To install them, you have to remove the rubber part of the pedal (except the gas pedal). Under the rubber is a steel plate. To make the pedal smaller, the steel portion would have to be reduced in size which might be a difficult exercise, though maybe not impossible. You'd then need to cover it with something I'd think.

What about wider pedal spacing? Now THAT would be a project!

trukk
11-05-07, 01:41 PM
Wholy crap!

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone complain of this. You must be making some lucky woman really happy with feet that big!

For most of us the pedals are way to far apart, making heal toe intiially difficult to learn. They definately went with the post 80's Audi school of pedal placement.

A solution for you, beyond what Randy said, would be to possibly do some pedal bending.

Good luck,

Chris

heavymetals
11-05-07, 01:59 PM
You could get some ULTIMATE pedals and grind them down.

Like was mentioned, I would remove the rubber ones and see if the pedal width is ok, if so you could grind to fit some aftermarkets.

Grinding on the pedal itself is a bitch, but can be done.

pietroraimondi
11-05-07, 04:34 PM
Picked up my CTS-V a few days ago...although I have test driven many times I really learned to appreciate during my 1.5 hours home from the dealership. Overall GREAT car!

Question: I'm a big guy and although I fit fine inside my foot really has a hard time managing from gas to break (I have size 13 shoe)...my right foot is kind of lodged on the gas pedal from the brake pedal so close. Anyone else experience?...if so is there a place to buy smaller foot pedals to help prevent?

Thanks,
Rick

If anyone is interested, I have a complete custom set of 7 Ultimate Pedals (frosted anti-slip finish) that are brand new, never installed and still in the factory box. They are constructed of billet aluminum alloy 6061-T6 and all installation hardware is included:

Included in the CTS/CTS-V package are the following items:

1. Gas Pedal
2. Brake Pedal
3. Clutch Pedal
4. Parking Brake Pedal
5. Driver Foot Rest Pedal - flanged
6. Driver Heel Guard
7. Passenger Foot Rest

If someone can use this complete pedal kit; you can email or PM me.

rekctsv
11-06-07, 02:10 AM

Thanks,
Rick
I use to complain about the exact same thing. I wear a size 12 and I thought the pedals were way too close. I had to completely change the way I positioned my feet while driving. I thought this was going to be a problem, but I think after a month, I had adjusted to the pedals.

Now 6 months later I cant remember the last time I even thought of this until now, so I say give it some time.