: V went to the Dealership

v-sam
11-03-07, 01:15 AM
Took my second 05 V in to the dealer with 32,000 miles on it. Brought it in for a driveshaft which I had to replace on the last one at 65,000 miles. It was after doing an HPDE at Barber Motorsports Park. The most recent was after doing an awesome track day with Feffman. Both were short tracks with high G corners. Anyways after 2 days at the dealer I got it back driveshaft replaced. Took it to a buddys shop to change pads and rotors. Got it on the lift and I noticed diff fluid all over the rear of the car. My buddy also noticed coolant leaking. Know these problems are common on the V but, really the dealer had the car for 2 days and did'nt notice any of this. So now I have to fork over $600 bucks for the track day I am going to miss because of dealer incompetence. From now on my V goes to Lindsay and Lindsay only even though I will have to drive 800 miles! Thanks for listening to me vent.

John

CVP33
11-03-07, 08:37 AM
You must be the John C. that was down as a solo for the Chin Motorsports event at VIR. You ought to call Chin and let them know what happened. I can't believe that they wouldn't be willing to work with you on this. I'll be at the Dec. 8/9 event. I think I have the biggest pig in the race. I better go grease 'er up. Hope you get this resolved.

rand49er
11-03-07, 11:34 AM
... noticed diff fluid all over the rear of the car ... Dealer did that to me on my first diff. I mean, the WHOLE rear of the car from the trunk lid down was covered with diff fluid. Took it back, and they mumbled something about the vent tube. Sounds like they may have damaged (butchered?) the pinion seal when they removed the driveshaft off the spline or when they installed the new one.

Radiator, too? Frustrating! :annoyed:

v-sam
11-04-07, 01:22 AM
Yeah they got it done in time for my Chin school tomorrow and Monday. Yeah I will be the on Dec. 8/9 with truck and Ron. Can't wait!