: 84 in a 70 Need a Traffic Lawyer in Missouri

v-sam
11-03-07, 12:00 AM
Got caught by an airplane. I would fight it myself but its not worth the gas and hotel money.

Thanks,

John Conger

05cts-v
11-03-07, 12:12 AM
I feel for you. Just make sure your lawyer gets it dropped to 74/70 and I'll tell you why. I got a ticket for 91/70 in Newberry SC back in September. Was going to pay the fine until I talked with my insurance company. In NC anything over 75 will result in 4 pts on your license. You may actually want to appear. The lawyer I had guaranteed he could get it dropped to 74/70 or he would do a trial by Jury. Last week I get a paper from the lawyer who only got it dropped to 79/70. Well, under NC new tougher stance on speeding I am getting ready to be hit with 4 pts and a 90% increase on my premiums. I pay $1800 now with a 16 y/o, 4 cars and a motorcycle. With the increase I am looking at $3400/6 months. Do your homework and by all means make sure you get dropped to at least 74/70 so you don't get killed like I'm about to.

v-sam
11-03-07, 12:17 AM
Thanks for the advice. It was my kid driving the V at the time. He went to OK to do a trackday with Feffman.

heavymetals
11-03-07, 12:33 AM
At $3400 every six months plus gas you might be better off taking a cab wherever you need to go.

05cts-v
11-03-07, 01:48 AM
At $3400 every six months plus gas you might be better off taking a cab wherever you need to go.

When I got the letter from the lawyer and found out what I was facing it would have been better for me to pay the $128 fine and lost my license for 15-30 days. It cost me $600 to basically do the same thing, I just didn't lose my license. My neighbor is an agent for Allstate and has given me some ways to get creative.

1QUICKV
11-03-07, 11:20 AM
so how did they issue the ticket? did thepalne land on the road? joking. but what goes on. how did you get the ticket.

darkman
11-03-07, 11:27 AM
so how did they issue the ticket? did thepalne land on the road? joking. but what goes on. how did you get the ticket.

Yeah, and how do they know who was driving?

05cts-v
11-03-07, 12:31 PM
Plane in the air, cop on the ground is how its done in SC and I would assume the same for Missouri. There is a name for it, but I can't remember it, but its as accurate as any radar and there is no way for your radar to pick it up, as was my case.

heavymetals
11-03-07, 01:01 PM
Yeah, and how do they know who was driving?

Done all the time in Calif.

The plane times you against markers (mile 0, mile 1 ect..), then radios to a ground based unit.

So much for the "be seen" deterent policy!

link: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=116285

Florian
11-03-07, 01:07 PM
only 14 over??? big deal. Pay the fine and be done with it.

F

05cts-v
11-03-07, 01:29 PM
only 14 over??? big deal. Pay the fine and be done with it.

F

Even though he got the ticket in Missouri, if he just pays the fine he is looking at 4pts once it hits NCDMV. As I stated before, anything over 75 is considered excessive in NC. So yea, it would be a big deal here. I had my 91/70 reduced to 79/70 for a ticket in SC and now because NC considers 76 excessive I will now have 4pts.

darkman
11-03-07, 02:11 PM
Done all the time in Calif.

The plane times you against markers (mile 0, mile 1 ect..), then radios to a ground based unit.

So much for the "be seen" deterent policy!

link: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=116285

So, the real purpose of the sunroof (which I don't happen to have) is to permit a passenger to scout for aerial surveilance.

heavymetals
11-03-07, 02:39 PM
That and to also facilitate easy sail panel removal.:rolleyes:

darkman
11-03-07, 02:42 PM
That and to also facilitate easy sail panel removal.:rolleyes:

Bingo!!

05cts-v
11-03-07, 02:54 PM
Here is a link to describe NC excessive speeding and points.

http://www.frb-law.com/speeding.htm

CTSV_Rob
11-03-07, 03:01 PM
Looks like your trying to educate us...

GMBOUND
11-03-07, 03:49 PM
Po-Po's getting tricky.
What if you was to turn around while they were doing their calculations?

z06bigbird
11-03-07, 04:02 PM
Pay the fine. Certainly, see if you can get speed numbers lowered. Pretend this is a ticket for one of the days when you were flying like a bat out of he L L.

We all get tickets almost everywhere.

Well, you all get tickets. I have been extremely lucky. When I get mine, I will pay it (and certainly try to get painful parts of it reduced.)

Feffman
11-03-07, 10:30 PM
John:

No biggy in Missouri. Contact Traffic Law Center (http://www.trafficlawcenter.com). For a fee, they can usually get a ticket reduced to a non-moving, non-points violation. Guess how I know???? ;)

Feff

bossplayer
11-03-07, 10:50 PM
Yeah, it is hard for me to believe things are so different from state to state. In MO, where I have lived most of my life, you can go in yourself and pay double the fine (most places in KC) and get a defective equipment ticket.

I always thought this is the same kind of racket everywhere, but evidently not.

If I were you, definitely get a lawyer, doesn't have to be a good one and get it taken care of. It will definitely be worth it and you are on the right track.

Florian
11-04-07, 12:58 AM
Even though he got the ticket in Missouri, if he just pays the fine he is looking at 4pts once it hits NCDMV. As I stated before, anything over 75 is considered excessive in NC. So yea, it would be a big deal here. I had my 91/70 reduced to 79/70 for a ticket in SC and now because NC considers 76 excessive I will now have 4pts.

dont do the crime if you cant pay the fine.....:tisk:

F

thebigjimsho
11-04-07, 01:00 AM
So, the real purpose of the sunroof (which I don't happen to have) is to permit a passenger to scout for aerial surveilance.That is, in fact, another reason I like moonroofs...

thebigjimsho
11-04-07, 01:01 AM
Got caught by an airplane. I would fight it myself but its not worth the gas and hotel money.

Thanks,

John CongerIf you did fight it, that's just double the chances the officer wouldn't show up. They'd need to have both the officer in the air and the one on the ground to nail you in court.

thebigjimsho
11-04-07, 01:03 AM

FAnd that's what I say to the cop who doesn't follow protocol in speed enforcement or the town or state who didn't keep proper engineering studies or signage for the roads we drive.

v-sam
11-04-07, 01:19 AM
My thanks to 05CTS-V, Feffman, bossplayer, and Bigjim. I am aware of how the cops normally do it with lines on the road (clocking you in b/w the lines) and then radio the chicken shit ahead to have him pull you. Which the chicken shit state trooper did while I was on the phone with Luke at Lindsay. The trooper told me I was doing "85.5" in a 70.

05cts-v
11-04-07, 01:29 AM
If I were you, definitely get a lawyer, doesn't have to be a good one and get it taken care of. It will definitely be worth it and you are on the right track.

I hope he gets a good one, otherwise he will be in the same boat as me. My lawyer said no worries I will get it dropped to 74/70. It ended up 79/70 and in NC that carries 4pts no matter where you get the ticket.

05cts-v
11-04-07, 01:34 AM

F

I don't mind paying the fine or having my insurance go up some. I don't think NC should be able to impose anything more than would be the case in SC for me.

shortyii
11-06-07, 08:47 PM
Different counties in MO operate differently. Most of the time you can speak with the DA of the county and reduce the ticket to a non-moving violation. Some counties require at least one year with a clean record (no tickets) before they will reduce the violation.
Never admit you were speeding, just tell the DA you would like to plea-bargin to a non-moving violation.

Mystical_Ice
11-07-07, 10:27 AM
just go to court on your court date.

request a trial by jury

plead no contest. hope the officers don't show up (big chance they won't)

BeastMaster
11-07-07, 01:14 PM
I would check to see if there is an agreement between NC and Mo in sharing violations. Not all states share this. Example, I live in New York, I was pulled over for speeding in Maine. I was fined but no information was forwarded to New York - hence - no points. My insurance was not affected either (not quite sure how that worked). It was 74 in a 55.

Ghost-V
11-07-07, 04:09 PM
Another vote here for getting a lawyer to handle this ticket. I was ticketed for 74 in a 60 a few months back (St. Louis County). Fines/court costs were something like $250 bucks, and my lawyer was $100, who got it reduced to a non-moving violation with no points added to my license. This is the route I take with tickets EVERYTIME, much to the chagrin of my wife. In MO I hear about a lot of "14 mph" over speeding tickets, even if they were in fact going faster than that, because anything over that is a mandatory court appearance, by you or your counsel, AND the officer who wrote the ticket. So when Johnny Law tells me he's doing "me" a favor for writing it up as a 74/60, he's actually doing BOTH of us a favor.

Silver Dollar
11-07-07, 05:15 PM
Plane in the air, cop on the ground is how its done in SC and I would assume the same for Missouri. There is a name for it, but I can't remember it, but its as accurate as any radar and there is no way for your radar to pick it up, as was my case.

NO WAY MAN!

My V1 detects the incoming airplane and shoots it down with laser beams.

V1 is the best!

I sleep every night on a bed of V1s because the V1 cures every disease known to man.

The V1 killed my ex wife and got me acquitted of the charges.

V1 all the way baby!

(the crowd goes wild!)
Vee-One! Vee-One! Vee-One! Vee-One! Vee-One! Vee-One!

thebigjimsho
11-07-07, 09:37 PM
NO WAY MAN!

V1 is the best!

I sleep every night on a bed of V1s because the V1 cures every disease known to man.

V1 all the way baby!

(the crowd goes wild!)
Vee-One! Vee-One! Vee-One! Vee-One! Vee-One! Vee-One!I almost totally agree with you!

05cts-v
11-07-07, 11:06 PM
NO WAY MAN!

V1 is the best!

V1 all the way baby!

(the crowd goes wild!)

:worship:

05cts-v
11-07-07, 11:08 PM
just go to court on your court date.

request a trial by jury

plead no contest. hope the officers don't show up (big chance they won't)

Best advice yet. I wish I would have done the same.

05cts-v
11-07-07, 11:11 PM
I would check to see if there is an agreement between NC and Mo in sharing violations. Not all states share this. Example, I live in New York, I was pulled over for speeding in Maine. I was fined but no information was forwarded to New York - hence - no points. My insurance was not affected either (not quite sure how that worked). It was 74 in a 55.

NC doesn't havethis type of agreement with any state. I think it should be shared if I get the ticket out of state.

thefred
11-09-07, 05:32 PM
You got another ticket already????

I knew I had this information somwehere but couldn't remember where...here it is....

About the Drivers License Compact
Soon to be replaced by the Driver License Agreement.

The Drivers License Compact require member states to report tickets received by motorist to the state where they received a license to drive so as to receive points and get an insurance hike. Also when a state suspends the license of a driver who is from out-of-state, the state where the motorist received a license to drive will also suspend their license as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member States : Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky - Joined 8/96, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee (Dropped out in 1997), Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exceptions & Notes:
Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin will report tickets to your home state even though they are not members of the compact.
Colorado, Nevada, Maryland, Ohio, and Wisconsin do not assess points for out-of-state convictions. Colorado does not make an entry for out-of-state convictions such as speeding but convictions for offenses like DUI still count !
New York, sames rules apply as for Colorado except New York DOES apply points for moving violations in Ontario and Quebec.
Michigan and Georgia will assess points for out-of-state tickets. Kentucky does not assess points for out-of-state speeding tickets but will for others.
Vermont and North Carolina does not report tickets to your home state unless violation results in license suspension. North Carolina will not assess points for out-of-state tickets unless the violation, if committed in North Carolina would result in a suspension. Kansas, Wyoming, Minnesota, Arizona, Iowa, and South Dakota will not put speeding tickets on record unless it is 10 or more mph over the limit. If the violation was committed by an out-of-state motorist, the violation may still be reported to the home state which can result in points being assessed. South Dakota will not assess points for speeding tickets. This may change since the repeal of the 55 mph National Speed Limit.
South Dakota does not assess points for speeding but if speeding ticket is more than 10 mph over the limit in-state, it is record and no out of state speeding is recorded on public record. internal records are still kept.

05cts-v
11-09-07, 09:34 PM
. North Carolina will not assess points for out-of-state tickets unless the violation, if committed in North Carolina would result in a suspension. .

84/70 could possibly result in suspension if the offender paid the fine w/out trying to get it reduced. Anything over 75 is considered excessive in NC and can result in suspension.

05cts-v
11-09-07, 09:36 PM
Vermont and North Carolina does not report tickets to your home state unless violation results in license suspension.

Now that is some sh*t.

Mystical_Ice
11-10-07, 12:37 AM
just cross your fingers, and take my advice...

that begins by requesting a trial by jury and/or hiring a lawyer :p

thebigjimsho
11-11-07, 01:11 PM
just cross your fingers, and take my advice...

that begins by requesting a trial by jury and/or hiring a lawyer :pDon't request a trial by jury. You request a dismissal. Whatever they give you, unless it is a dismissal or such a huge reduction that it has negligable effect on you, keep rejecting and appeal. That will eventually take you to a trial(not by jury in many states, just a judge). You can always appeal even that.

If you go to www.motorists.org you'll find the necessary tools to fight your own tickets, and fight them well. And that is if the cop ever shows up. I've had a 67% no show rate.

05cts-v
11-14-07, 07:34 PM
Don't request a trial by jury. You request a dismissal. Whatever they give you, unless it is a dismissal or such a huge reduction that it has negligable effect on you, keep rejecting and appeal. That will eventually take you to a trial(not by jury in many states, just a judge). You can always appeal even that.

If you go to www.motorists.org you'll find the necessary tools to fight your own tickets, and fight them well. And that is if the cop ever shows up. I've had a 67% no show rate.

I need to move. I've never been and the cop not show....not one time. I guess they don't like me.

JonCR96Z
11-14-07, 07:40 PM

Where in SC are you seeing this? VA has it, but I've never seen or heard of it in SC and I'm in Myrtle Beach every week.

05cts-v
11-14-07, 10:59 PM
Where in SC are you seeing this? VA has it, but I've never seen or heard of it in SC and I'm in Myrtle Beach every week.

Newberry, SC is where they got me. Its not too far from Spartanburg.