: Diffs covered under warranty?

SavyCaddyV
11-02-07, 07:36 PM
Well my diff finally grenaded and my v is currently at Renick Cadillac in Fullerton, Ca hoping they would cover it under warranty. 40k, Mods are headers catback, ported TB, intake, BMR pinion support, MSD coils, and V tune and of course they noticed and dont like any of them. :crying2:
They said the job would be covered but now are saying the diff replacement wont be covered under warranty and I owe them $2100. has anyone been able to get their diff covered on a modded car and does this price sound right? I have been fighting it all along but they wont give. Does anyone have any advice or opinions...

Nutz
11-02-07, 07:44 PM
I just replaced my own in 2-1/2 hrs. with a friend at his shop! NOT HARD AT ALL for mechanical people, the most time consuming part was unbolting the spindles to remove the driveshafts (15 mins.). Only two bolts left holding the case in (you broke the third I assume). Bought the used replacement 6k mi. diff from Cleveland Pick-A-Part here in Cleveland, Ohio for a fair $550.00! Pick-A-Part is a notorious High Performance salvage yard. See the internet. Good luck.

CVP33
11-02-07, 07:44 PM
I honestly don't know what to tell you here. I'd try calling Cadillac Customer Service first, but most likely they will side with the Area Service Manager. Only recourse I can think of after that is get a lawyer.

z06bigbird
11-02-07, 07:59 PM
I honestly don't know what to tell you here. I'd try calling Cadillac Customer Service first, but most likely they will side with the Area Service Manager. Only recourse I can think of after that is get a lawyer.

Have you ever tried suing a dealer or an auto manufacturer???? Curious about how much effort and money was involved.

Did judge recommend arbitration?

Did you win or lose?

How much did attorney charge on first go around?

How much did attorney charge for arbitration?

Were you happy with end result?

Did judge or arbitrators recommend that dealer/GM pay your legal fees?

How long did process take?

What did you drive during the interim?

Would you sue again?

z06bigbird
11-02-07, 08:01 PM
I just replaced my own in 2-1/2 hrs. with a friend at his shop! NOT HARD AT ALL for mechanical people, the most time consuming part was unbolting the spindles to remove the driveshafts (15 mins.). Only two bolts left holding the case in (you broke the third I assume). Bought the used replacement 6k mi. diff from Cleveland Pick-A-Part here in Cleveland, Ohio for a fair $550.00! Pick-A-Part is a notorious High Performance salvage yard. See the internet. Good luck.

Wow. Not bad on pricing. Also, I thought that Pick a Part handled only old old stuff.

Thanks for info.

JonCR96Z
11-02-07, 08:04 PM
What reason did they give to deny your warranty?

VCAT
11-02-07, 09:17 PM
did you point out that none of the mods directly connect to the diff? mine isn't that moded but i am taking it in for the second time for whining and they never said anything about the mods.

nikon
11-02-07, 11:44 PM
Magnuson Moss Act, I'd throw it in their face and ask them politely to prove it.....

heavymetals
11-03-07, 12:43 AM
did you point out that none of the mods directly connect to the diff?

He did mention BMR pinion brace is installed.

rand49er
11-03-07, 05:59 AM
He did mention BMR pinion brace is installed.Yeah that. I know this is the only mod that I'd be worried about with my dealer.

$2100 is what showed up on my paperwork on my last diff (covered under warranty).

Good luck!

Flyboy
11-03-07, 09:07 AM
Gosh......it REALLY varies fm dealer to dealer......I don't understand why. I have the BMR pinion brace on my diff also, and the dealership here in Scottsdale is aware of it. The "tech" on the floor said he thought it was good "add on." I asked if I needed a new diff someday, would I have a problem. The Service Manager (a really cool guy) looked at my history and said "no"......if you need one it WILL be covered under warranty...

Go figure.

WheelHop
11-03-07, 11:26 AM
My car isn't heavily modded, but I did have the BMR support on and they said nothing about it. I actually told them to make sure it got RE-installed after the rear end swap.

Did they not tell you that it was going to cost you parts/labor before they did the swap??