: Well, I am luVinn the V

JimmyH
11-02-07, 05:45 PM
Since this forum has been so boring, and since most people come here complaining about something or other...

I am loving my frickin http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/gif/v.gif ! I only have it insured for 5000 miles per year, it was only supposed to be a weekend car, and I have already racked up over 7000 miles in 6 months. :shhh:

I did a nice little throttle-oversteer this morning (I had forgotten how much I missed RWD), well, I do it every day actually; took a ramp with a 35 mph warning sign at almost 80 mph. It is a F**ing blast I tell you. And then I can pack up the wife and kids and go for a leisurely ride to grandma's house.

Although I do have to say that the newness has kind of worn off. I am not anywhere near as anal about it's appearance as most of you. I just got it washed (at an automatic :eek:) for the first time in over a month. And of course I am not into mod hell like most of you. Hell, I am even happy with the stock shifter. And my plastic fricking-dash-kit, thank you very much.

Too bad winter is coming. Gonna have to put it away :crying: Even at 40 this morning these F1 tires slide like I am on ice. Ah, well, enjoying it while I can :cloud9:

So anyone else happy with their http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/gif/v.gif?

The Tony Show
11-02-07, 06:07 PM
Me too.

Rolled my windows down today for the first time in a while to enjoy the crisp, cold 80 degree Florida winter. Floored it merging onto the Highway coming back from lunch and the Kooks/Corsa scared the pants off some guy in a Yellow "Rumble Bee" Dodge pickup (that thang got a Hemah?).

Still lovin' my ratty old 2004 V. :thumbsup:

Silver Dollar
11-02-07, 06:13 PM
Luv it.

LLUUUUuuuuv it.

NormV
11-02-07, 06:15 PM
I took the day off for an open track day at Nelson Ledges roadcourse near youngstown, Ohio. Not a premier course but fun to do one more local outing and meet up with friends. One friend has a C6 Z51 and can drive. My all season tires and eibachs were not enough to keep up in the tight stuff with on abs on, he was impressed how we were even down the front straights. I am mean dead even with either of is in the lead. I let him pass to chase a 70 year old guy in a C6 Z06 we came up on. I was looseing about second a lap when the infamous half empty cut the fuel off. :(
I was running 1:20's which was the same as my AMG on race rubber!

Tuned in XM Chill on the way home in the lap of luxuary. You cannot best it. :)

I usually drive my C5 through the winter but am having second thoughts...

Norm

rekctsv
11-02-07, 07:31 PM
I have racked up almost 10,000 miles in 6 months. That should tell you how much I enjoy driving it. I just have to drive it wherever I go. I can't help it. I honestly don't care about the miles but the warranty is on my mind.

When I'm not in the V, I always run into someone that wants to flex on me.
When I'm in the V, most people act like they don't notice me, strange!

50 4Ever
11-02-07, 07:38 PM
I'm luvin' my V. Have had her almost two years and she has over 36,000 fun miles.

I went to our local Corvette club's monthly meeting last night and more than a few members were surprised that I actually drove the Vette.

:thumbsup:

nikon
11-02-07, 07:57 PM
Luv mine too, just waitin for my eyelids and such, and it'll be fun all over again :p I do agree the newness has worn off, but it's still fun as hell to drive....and every time I see my gold calipers I smile and remember how I got em that way :lildevil: It's just a fun car that blends in when it needs to and stands out when you want it to....I couldn't ask for any better....though I wish I could have afforded to keep my tahoe too, I really loved that truck :(

And I dunno about you guys but I've learned to zone out any whine that comes from the diff...so it never even bothers me.

CVP33
11-02-07, 08:03 PM
I voted CVP who. Hilarious. :thumbsup:

dqw1
11-02-07, 08:04 PM
I love mine and I'm tired of all the bitchin'

nikon
11-02-07, 08:07 PM
^^ If there was no bitchin this forum wouldn't be fun.

Alex_V
11-02-07, 08:25 PM
when the infamous half empty cut the fuel off. :(
Norm

Can you guys fill in a new guy about this? Does the V switch maps when its past 1/2 tank?

NormV
11-02-07, 08:52 PM
Can you guys fill in a new guy about this? Does the V switch maps when its past 1/2 tank?

The pickup runs dry around half tank on long right hand sweepers like turn one at VIR. It is well known to those who track their V's just it comes up at the most in opportune time. :)

Norm

Alex_V
11-02-07, 08:57 PM
The pickup runs dry around half tank on long right hand sweepers like turn one at VIR. It is well known to those who track their V's just it comes up at the most in opportune time. :)

Norm

Hahahha, straight at VIR is a treat....:) Although I wont track my car, still good to know.

Norm, have you ran barber, roebling, or RA? just curious what laptimes cars do out there.

dqw1
11-02-07, 08:58 PM
^^ If there was no bitchin this forum wouldn't be fun.
True, true, but we don't fight like they do on the CTS forum. Our CTS brother's (and Right Turn and CTS Girlie) they know how to fight. The only thing that get's us up in arms is 22's, BMW's and ricers. We need at least one good a fight a week or we'll be like the STS-V forum.:stirpot:
...Time to see what the CTS guys are fighting about today.

NormV
11-02-07, 09:06 PM
I have racked up almost 10,000 miles in 6 months. That should tell you how much I enjoy driving it. I just have to drive it wherever I go. I can't help it. I honestly don't care about the miles but the warranty is on my mind...

I've got 7,000 miles in two months and probably hp to FL, VA, and Philly one more time before the end of the year. :)

Norm

V-Smooth
11-02-07, 09:18 PM
I'm McLovin mine "she's my baby"...it's my daily driver (7-8 mile work commute) but boy gas is starting to climb again. But I really dont mind the 50-$60 fillup. Hope it's cheaper in some of your parts becuase several of you on here drive it way more. I really cant complain though.

Oh well, it's Friday...time to get it on! :yup: :sneaky:
Cheers-TGIF all! :alchi::thumbsup:

theloanman219
11-02-07, 09:53 PM
My boy is 1yrs old on the 31st. Its funny because last year my son was more into seeing when the car was going to show up. he was 11 and didn't even want candy! I drive it almost everyday and can't stop! My wife and son love it just as much (well not as much but they enjoy it). We need some ball busting around here to make things fun again. It seems every couple of months a set of NEWBIES roll in with questions about VINS and DIFFS. The veterans are on less and less. But it will become fun once again soon. Now its time for me to open a beer and day dream about the Pats kickin some a$$ on sunday!

Gene

Oh and by the way, I put 18,500 miles in the first year. I do live in FL so things are further away...... :)

NormV
11-03-07, 01:23 AM
Hahahha, straight at VIR is a treat....:) Although I wont track my car, still good to know.

Norm, have you ran barber, roebling, or RA? just curious what laptimes cars do out there.

RA in the vette but no times. Nice flowing track. I should be at barber this weekend with audi club but will be installing "those sway bars". :)

Norm

Twitch
11-03-07, 01:28 AM
Didn't get to drive it today :banghead:
Guess I'll just have to drive extra tomorrow :spin:

rand49er
11-03-07, 07:20 AM
Wife said she wanted Chinese last night, so-o-o ... great excuse to take "my baby" for a spin.

FWIW, I don't mind a lot of the bitchin' on here ... it's mostly healthy. It's the irrational bashing that bugs me. :nono:

JimmyH
11-03-07, 01:43 PM
True, true, but we don't fight like they do on the CTS forum. Our CTS brother's (and Right Turn and CTS Girlie) they know how to fight. The only thing that get's us up in arms is 22's, BMW's and ricers. We need at least one good a fight a week or we'll be like the STS-V forum.:stirpot:
...Time to see what the CTS guys are fighting about today.

:yeah:

CTSV_Rob
11-03-07, 02:42 PM
Well, I have had my V for just over a year now and I like the car more now then when I bought it.

I was like Jimmy, the car was supposed to be a weekend car and and put it down for 5K a year but I'm almost up to 10K. This car is so fun to drive how can you just let it sit in the garage.

There are certain things that I have done to the car that have made the car even more fun to drive (I didn't think that was possible) and there are more things I want to try. I hope I enjoy those mod's as much as the one's I have already done. TVS, Heads,... The list goes on.

Car handles well, Nice torque curve, Sounds tough, doesn't attract the police (too much)...

Also, I had a chance to meet some great people on this forum.

When all else seems at it's worst, get her rolling in 1st then hammer the throttle and go through the gears and wow I feel sooo much better. It's like a drug that I can't get enough of.

Maybe it was good for Florian to by an STS, he really knows how to stir it up and I'll bet he has had some fun on the STS forum...

Will I buy an 09... The answer is it will need to be one hell of a car to get me out of this one. Very happy with it and I plan to keep it for a long time. It may change over the years but I think that's what should be done to a beast like this!

lawfive
11-03-07, 03:20 PM
I loves my car, especially when I can find some open road. That can be hard to do where I live and work, though. Usually I have to choose between driving where I want/need to go, and driving to where there are fewer cars and/or more twisties.

I love the looks and the performance and even most of the quirks. I've never understood those who bash the design interior: it's supposed to be a stealth fighter cockpit, for gawd's sake. The only interior rant I agree with is the need for more side bolstering in the front seats.

I may buy an '09 with an automatic (or a '10 coupe?) and keep the 05 for shifty weekends. I'll have to take a good look at the competition, though; I like buying American but the C63 is calling to me. Also: I've never liked Audis, but... mmmm, the R8...

On the other hand, with gas prices what they currently are, with crude oil around $100, and with the amount of money I'm shelling out of my war chest to buy and furnish a condo in San Francisco and weekly airline commutes to & from, maybe I should be looking to buy an '09 Moped.

CTSV_Rob
11-03-07, 03:36 PM
If you buy an 09 Moped, at least keep the 05...

heavymetals
11-03-07, 03:44 PM
Hey Law!

Two homes and a V doesn't get much sympathy. :histeric:

lawfive
11-03-07, 04:17 PM
Hey Law!

Two homes and a V doesn't get much sympathy. :histeric:
Peasant. Lazy retired bastard! :lol:

(oh btw, i got your package. how much do i owe for, umm, postage & handling?)

GMBOUND
11-03-07, 04:42 PM
8 Months, 16k miles, I'm havin a blast. This is truly a great car. I'm currently watching taped recordings of SCCA Racing. I've been trying to stay away from the site cause you guys get me to spending too much money.
The arguments are all in good nature, no we can't all get along.
I plan on extending the warranty, cause I may have 50k next year if I keep on driving this thing like I stole it!

onebadcad
11-03-07, 08:51 PM
39 months, 34K miles, one rear-end (my fault, not GM's), mod hell and back and back again, and about a thousand minor issues that are all due to the mods I've done. I may bitch (to myself), but no regrets, would do it all over again without question, have no doubt that the V was the best decision I ever made, and the great days still outnumber the headache days by about 50 to 1. Loving it, keeping it, but will have to get a bigger house/garage when, not if, I buy an '09 V. The V is more than a car, its a passion and a companion you can keep for a very long time. I guess I could have bought another vehicle, but nothing comes close to the V's looks, performance, this Forum, etc... My V has smoked or matched Vipers, 911TTs, Gallardos, an older Ferrari, C5Zs, Evos, etc... (all from a roll), and once rolled up to a BMW meet and stole the show, so I figure part of the payback is to give it a happy home for years to come:).

JimmyH
11-03-07, 09:38 PM
Even my wife is glad I bought it.

thebigjimsho
11-04-07, 01:52 AM
Even my wife is glad I bought it.And I'm glad your wife is glad.

V-Love
11-04-07, 02:21 AM
V-Love loves V. I just wish I had a huge garage with a 2 post lift and lots of extra time to spend with her. I do drive it hard and it really never treats me bad. The V has also led me to this forum. I've checked other formums and its scary out there. People have a little more respect for each other here. I hope that lasts. This forum led me to the track. Thats been the greatest thing ever. I'll still never forget the first time I drove into a real paddock and parked my V in one of the same stalls a Nascar guy parks his. It was awesome. I got to drive Homestead, Moroso, and Sebring so far. NASA Florida working on Daytona next.
The V also has gotten me a couple of sweeties. The car did all the work. The V saved my life when I rolled it. The V puts a smile on my face every time the jackass that was going 45 tries to gun it when I put my blinker on to pass. One little press of the pedal and its too late... HA HA HA HA! That reminds me how f'in great the windshield washer works. It really moves a lot of fluid. Check your rearview next time your going 70 mph and you use the washer. Its awesome!
I love the stability control and have told it so outloud after it saved me.
I love the value I got for my full sticker price. No matter what we all think about depreciation. This car runs with some that are double its cost. I love the nav when I ran out of gas, called a gas station to bring me a gallon of gas, and it comes way faster than roadside assistance.
I could go on and on but mostly......Its fast!

rand49er
11-04-07, 10:03 AM
After posting in a couple of other threads this morning, THIS is the one that makes me the happiest! In fact, it makes me so happy, I think I'll take my V to church this morning ... the 11 am service. Then, maybe over to Costco and park it wa-a-ay out all by itself so, not only others can see it real well, but so I can turn back and get a good look at it as I walk into the store then again as I walk out to her. Ah-h-h yes! I am luVinn the V. :thumbsup:

V-Smooth
11-04-07, 05:55 PM
After posting in a couple of other threads this morning, THIS is the one that makes me the happiest! In fact, it makes me so happy, I think I'll take my V to church this morning ... the 11 am service. Then, maybe over to Costco and park it wa-a-ay out all by itself so, not only others can see it real well, but so I can turn back and get a good look at it as I walk into the store then again as I walk out to her. Ah-h-h yes! I am luVinn the V. :thumbsup:

:nuffsaid: