: amazing carchase video

shaggygrosser
04-29-04, 11:36 AM
http://www.kfor.com/global/video/popup/pop_index.asp?ClipID1=200856&h1

This guy was able to recover from a spin-out 2 times in a row. Un-freakin-believable.

Ralph
04-30-04, 02:58 AM
That's a great video! I had to laugh everytime he recovered from a spin! He either got very lucky, or knows how to drive very well! Ya know, that 4 tonne dump truck could have easily pinned him against the meridan, but he turned the other way! I doubt there would have been much damage to the truck if he helped the police. I'm assuming it was a Mustang? Not a GT, mind you, because the top speed was "only" up to 100 mph, and the police cars caught up very quickly each time he recovered from a spin.

I'd like to hear 156MPH's comments on this chase.

Msilva954
04-30-04, 07:10 AM
Yea, that vid was great, I love to see things like this cause its real...they always show the ones where the cops get them right away...they need to air ones like this more often and give the theif more credit. :)

shaggygrosser
04-30-04, 10:19 AM
Ya know, that 4 tonne dump truck could have easily pinned him against the meridan, but he turned the other way! I doubt there would have been much damage to the truck if he helped the police.

I'm not sure what the official stance is on high speed chases, but from the 'Worlds Scariest Police Chases' shows and such, it's been said that civilians should not get involved. Keep in mind that I'm getting this from the wonderful land of TV, so reliability is shaky at best.

Sooo, I second the notion of getting 156MPH's commentary. Get it straight from the source.

Pimpin_Whity
04-30-04, 01:59 PM
nice video, but i always wonder why they steal cheap cars :hmm:, steal a vette and if you know how to drive the cops dont have a chance.

where's 156MPH, i want to hear what he thinks. Where's a cop when you need one :rolleyes2

lowscola
04-30-04, 02:14 PM
Yeah he would have recovered a third time were it not for that wall and his turning into it. I'll have to admit, I was rooting for him.

D148L0
04-30-04, 02:32 PM
I was rooting for him.
That makes two of us... too bad he didn't have a better car.

Msilva954
04-30-04, 04:35 PM
Three, you have to root for him,,,,picture yourself in the same situation....I too would steal a much nicer car..Why go for the cheap stuff. I can easily steal from a dollar store but why not steal from Neimen Marcus???:)

shaggygrosser
04-30-04, 04:56 PM
Tell me I'm not the only one to get the urge to play GTA3 or GTA:Vice City after having watched that. :lildevil:

Msilva954
04-30-04, 05:54 PM
ur not....

Vesicant
04-30-04, 07:05 PM
He probably got a lot of inspiration from video games OR he actually did amatuer racing/ expirimenting on his own with driving.

A lil funny, the people in the background cant believe that someone can do that... when it is possible. You just have to know how, and apparently this guy did (a little).

Pimpin_Whity
04-30-04, 07:15 PM
Tell me I'm not the only one to get the urge to play GTA3 or GTA:Vice City after having watched that. :lildevil:just finished playing vice city, that game isnt too realistic though, driver was better (just cant find it :annoyed: )

Msilva954
04-30-04, 08:55 PM
Wait for Driv3r....I think on June 1st.

Elvis
04-30-04, 11:03 PM
On the third spinout, the cop almost forced him over the rail. That could've killed somebody below.

Ralph
05-04-04, 03:35 AM
just finished playing vice city, that game isnt too realistic though, driver was better (just cant find it :annoyed: )

"Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2" isn't bad for realism. Even "High Stakes" for PS1 was really realistic, esp. handling.

Devil_concours
05-04-04, 06:48 AM
I think he might have been a stunt driver of some sort or he went to performance driving school before.