: Looking to Buy a V - Got a few ?'s

CtsVrod
10-30-07, 04:36 PM
So I've Decided the Cadillac Cts-V is goin to be next car. I've had a variety of different cars in the past (98 Cobra Heavily Modded, Suburban, GT, etc.) I currently Drive an 04 Subaru WRX, and decided its too Ricer for me, and I want something with more luxury. So after a strenuous search, I ended up falling in Love with the V. So to sum it up, my Price range is around 30k, and I've found a descent amount of V's in my area 04-06 in my Price Range. I found out the 06 have the 6.0 vs. the 5.7 is this a big difference? Im just looking for some input on What the differences are (if any) and things to look for when goin to check them out. Im def. wanting to purchase a Certified one so I can get the 6yr/100k wrrnty. Any Input would be appreciated.

dqw1
10-30-07, 04:51 PM
Become a support member and have the VIN checked of the best candidate V at the top of our page.
There's not a big difference between the 5.7 and 6L engine, except there's more aftermarket support for the LS6. Check the wheels for curb rash or scuffs and look at the tires for wear. Definetly get the 6/100,000 warranty. If you buy from a dealer the service department may be your best friend or worst enemy so post your location and someone here can steer your to a good one that's know what a V is. These are just a few of the things I would look at to start with.

Natedog
10-30-07, 04:54 PM
http://www.cadillacfaq.com/

WHYTRY
10-30-07, 05:20 PM
Went from a 03 cobra with 19 PSI to a 05 V and never looked back. What area are you looking in for a certified V?

JimmyH
10-30-07, 06:13 PM
LS6
and
http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/gif/welcomecf.gif

CtsVrod
10-30-07, 06:16 PM
Went from a 03 cobra with 19 PSI to a 05 V and never looked back. What area are you looking in for a certified V?

So Cal Area. Los Angeles Specifically.

DILLIGAF
10-30-07, 07:02 PM
Welcome,lots of goodbuys on used V's right here.

FL01SS
10-30-07, 07:13 PM
Not to highjack the thread, but do any of the LS6 guys have problems with oil consumption? From my time spent on LSx boards in the past, I know that C5s with the early LS6 had issues with oil consumption believed to be caused by poorly designed rings and/or the PCV pulling in oil eventhough the pick-up was improved over the LS1. What's average consumption for LS6 guys on here?

Also, I've read that the steering wheel controls are different on the 04/05 & the 06/07, but can't find anywhere what the differences are!? Can someone fill me in?

Albertan
10-30-07, 07:33 PM
Steering wheel controls on 2006 and probably 2007: From left, rocker switch with oil/water/trans/rear temps, G meter, tire pressure. Next rocker comp mode and turns on/off odometer display. Right side of wheel audio controls from left,
rocker volume, far right, seek for radio or change to next track on CD.

Flyboy
10-30-07, 09:25 PM
My neighbor has the LS2 engine. He was adding a quart with every gas refuel....Dealer said that was normal....WTF?????

He yelled and screamed and they completely rebuilt the engine. Haven't asked him how it turned out.

I have never added a drop between oil changes on my LS6.

rand49er
10-30-07, 09:36 PM
... I have never added a drop between oil changes on my LS6.:yeah:

OldRoadDawg
10-30-07, 10:54 PM

:yeah:

:yeah::yeah:

trukk
10-31-07, 07:54 AM
My neighbor has the LS2 engine. He was adding a quart with every gas refuel....Dealer said that was normal....WTF?????

He yelled and screamed and they completely rebuilt the engine. Haven't asked him how it turned out.

Just an FYI, early in the life of my LS6, I had a rear seal problem, and was loosing about a qt every 2k miles. Fixed that and, no problems since. LS6 is great, but not made of kryptonite.

-Chris

CtsVrod
10-31-07, 10:34 AM
Thanks for all the input, It looks like Im leaning towards an 05, Save some Cash for some Mods. My next question has to do with some mods. First off I need Ipod Direct connect, how is it done? Secondly, is Exhaust and suspension. I loved the exhuast I had on my Cobra (Dr. Gas X pipe, with Spintech Pro-Street Mufflers) anyone installed this setup on a V? I know it could work they make some setups for the Z06, and it sounds mean. As far as Suspension Im def a Coilover guy, so who makes Coilovers for this car, cost, etc.?? Thanks for all the Help!!