: Aftermarket Cd Deck Problems???

usc2005
10-29-07, 04:55 PM
I have a dual aftermarker cd player in my 97cadillac, ive noticed sometimes when i get in to start my car the cd will run but i can hear NO sound in any of my speakers. Then after a while after i power it off then on it plays. Is there a short in wiring or do i need to replace my whole speaker system?

DMEYER07
10-29-07, 05:36 PM
I have a dual aftermarker cd player in my 97cadillac, ive noticed sometimes when i get in to start my car the cd will run but i can hear NO sound in any of my speakers. Then after a while after i power it off then on it plays. Is there a short in wiring or do i need to replace my whole speaker system?

www.caraudiocentral.net - fyi a great car audio forum that i am also on.

You definately don't need to replace your whole speaker system, the problem could be anywhere, as the catera's have a crazy sound setup (built in amps, eq in back sub, ect, well atleast mine did) so more likely then not it is something wire related, such as an 12v on to the amp, rca's etc.. I'm not sure how much you did to your audio sysytem, or what it takes to instal an aftermarket hu in a caddy as i haven't attempted this yet, but i'm planning out my system as we speak..

Check out CAC and you will find your answer.

-Dave

usc2005
10-29-07, 06:30 PM
www.caraudiocentral.net - fyi a great car audio forum that i am also on.

You definately don't need to replace your whole speaker system, the problem could be anywhere, as the catera's have a crazy sound setup (built in amps, eq in back sub, ect, well atleast mine did) so more likely then not it is something wire related, such as an 12v on to the amp, rca's etc.. I'm not sure how much you did to your audio sysytem, or what it takes to instal an aftermarket hu in a caddy as i haven't attempted this yet, but i'm planning out my system as we speak..

Check out CAC and you will find your answer.

-Dave

so should i take it to the best buy that put my deck in, and make them look for the problem, or should i go to the cadillac dealer?