: Specter Cowl Hood Prepped and Painted CHEAP!!!!

bleeee
10-29-07, 03:55 PM
Hey guys, a local V owner is attempting to sell his specter cowl hood as he is trading the car in. It is in perfect condition. It was prepped and painted no more than a few months ago. It is perfect for fitment anhd paint quality. He is looking to get a measily 500 bucks for a pully painted and preped fitted good. The color is LIGHT PLATINUM. Someone has to want this.

Jon
10-29-07, 04:19 PM
Any idea how much to ship it to Canada?

Caditude
10-29-07, 04:19 PM
Located where?

Scotty7751
10-29-07, 04:24 PM
yeah where is the hood located..

Nick4208
10-29-07, 04:45 PM
Is this the same one that is on ebay?

bleeee
10-29-07, 05:36 PM
Located in Tallahassee, Florida. Id rather not worry about shipping as Id assume itd be 150+ dollars. It is the same one on ebay, but those auctions will be closed tonight or tomorrow, as I am going to pick the items up for local sale. Someones got to want a painted prepped and fitted hood for cheaper than an unprepped unpainted hood.

atdeneve
10-29-07, 05:44 PM
S'not carbon fiber, is it? Fiber-glass, right?

Gordy Petrovski
10-29-07, 06:08 PM
S@#$T 500 for this hood is CHEEEEP some one needs to jump on this one. NOW!!!

Caditude
10-29-07, 08:53 PM
:yup:I got 5 on it and I can pick-up on November 17th when I am in Tally to see my Oh so lackluster Noles play. This should definetluy fit in the back of a Tahoe. Shoot me an e-mail at shawnspeer@comcast.net and we can make arrangements.

Thanks,
Shawn

bleeee
10-29-07, 10:23 PM
I made a big mistake this is a Extreme Composites hood not spectr..although i think they are the same...i apologize, let me know if your still interested. but meeting you in Tally would be great, as I wouldnt have to figure out a way to ship it.

Chef
10-29-07, 10:39 PM
A wh:stirpot:ole different game indeed...

bleeee
10-30-07, 12:28 AM
Still a 750 dollar hood before prep work and paint.....which will run 5-600 for a oem like finish and quality

Caditude
10-30-07, 06:02 AM
Still interested. 2 questions:

1. Is it the same hood pictured in the e-bay auction?

2. Is it painted on the under side?

Please send me your contact info to shawnspeer@comcast.net and we can definetly work something out.

bleeee
10-30-07, 03:37 PM
SAME HOOD, Im going to meet the guy right now. BTW, Im losing some money on this deal, I just dont want to deal with painting the hood black. Ill let you know if its painted on the underside in about 4-5 hours. Ill contact you around then via your email.

BigAndyZV
10-30-07, 03:54 PM
ummmmm??? not to be a devils advocate, but the EC hood is nowhere near the quality of the Spectre hood. I have the specter heat extractor hood and the alignment and fit was spot on. Also there were ports for the winshield nozzles. From everything I have heard about EC hoods...they are a nightmare to get to fit properly if at all and they do not have windshield nozzles. Just my .02, but I would rather spend the cash and do it right then have a hood that didnt sit flush and align with the vehicle properly.

bleeee
10-30-07, 10:04 PM
1. yes sir
2. yes sir

Look awesome, this hood looks so amazing in person guys. And I completely disagree with andy....you own Spectrs hood and im assuming havent even seen the EC hood, thats the only reference you have....the fitment is excellent on this hood, it actually fits better than my stock hood believe it or not. And the quality is excellent.....the heat extractor hood looks like ricer garbage anyway.....but thanks for your comments, which were not needed.

CTSV_Rob
10-30-07, 11:02 PM
.....the heat extractor hood looks like ricer garbage anyway.....
Have you seen Chef's V? I would have to disagree with you on the ricer garbage comment. It all comes down to was it done correctly.

SkullV
10-30-07, 11:41 PM
the heat extractor hood looks like ricer garbage anyway

Uh Oh..don't let Chef see that!

bleeee
10-30-07, 11:55 PM
you are right, I just got irritated with andy's unneccessary post..i mean come on the guy posts once in a blue moon, and he has to come write that here??? no reason for that IMO

but alright let me write a dislcaimer....

except for chefs car

i do feel like most agree that the cowl hood dows look best on most V street applications

SkullV
10-30-07, 11:58 PM
I'll agree with that for sure, under normal applications the cowl hood looks better, but Chef easily has the best looking (and probably sweetest overall) V on this entire forum!

bleeee
10-31-07, 12:14 AM
:hitit2:

CTSV_Rob
10-31-07, 03:10 AM
you are right, I just got irritated with andy's unneccessary post..i mean come on the guy posts once in a blue moon, and he has to come write that here??? no reason for that IMO

but alright let me write a dislcaimer....

except for chefs car

i do feel like most agree that the cowl hood dows look best on most V street applications

Hmmm... Kind of like it and good for what it was designed, to remove heat from the engine compartment. I do agree with you on the comments, not cool of andy to post that.

I'll agree with that for sure, under normal applications the cowl hood looks better, but Chef easily has the best looking (and probably sweetest overall) V on this entire forum!
:yup: