: NewMember_queries

Bill2005STS
10-29-07, 12:36 PM
Hello! I just joined and have recently purchased my 3rd Cadillac a 2005STS with about 25k miles on it. :D

On my way to work this a.m. my cruise control shut off. I pulled the owners book and the underhood fuse box doesn't show a cruise control fuse! Where's the other box?

Yesterday, a nice breezy day here, I noticed that at no speed when the steering was turned I could hear what sounds like a dry seal on sqeaking on a rod; I also notices a slight burp or quiet farting sound from the center console not related to the steering...It sounds like some vent door opening and closing but sounds like it is in the center console or drivers seat area. The squeak in the front end is curious though it does not seem to affect the steering at all.

Any ideas??

Rolex
10-29-07, 02:01 PM
:welcome: to the forums Bill. Thanks for signing up. I'm sure you'll find the answers you seek on these forums, but you'll have to post your questions in the proper forums to get them addressed. The lounge is for introductions and non-cCadillac discussion only. :D I moved your thread to the Seville forums. Good luck.

And the farting noise? Are you sure its the car? :shhh::p

Ur7x
10-29-07, 03:34 PM
I think we need to move this again...
he is askeing about a 2005 STS.. NOT a 2004 and older Seville.

Bill2005STS
10-29-07, 04:20 PM
Yes 2005 STS not 02!

Yes, I'm sure it's the car. It sounds like either a small damper motor, a small burst of air from a small pump, or a small motor running a tight gear drive of some kind. Just a quiet little "burrp". You won't hear it if the radio is ON necessarily because it is a small sound. Cruise control works again??? Looked up the three different fuse boxes and non say anything about cruise control!

CadillacSTS42005
10-29-07, 05:22 PM
nice car
wrong forum

Bill2005STS
10-29-07, 05:30 PM
How do we move it to the correct forum?

CadillacSTS42005
10-29-07, 05:43 PM
mod has to do it
ill alert them

urbanski
10-29-07, 05:51 PM
thanks guys. it got moved here from the Lounge by mistake.
as the OP has learned (and as is clearly posted in the Lounge) questions belong in the proper forum for your vehicle.

Rolex
10-29-07, 09:55 PM
Sorry for moving you to the incorrect forum my friend. Looks like the boss man made it right. Good luck. :thumbsup: