: How do you mod Z06 fuel rail covers???

Twitch
10-28-07, 11:45 AM
I'm getting the Z06 FRCs. Ebay has them for about $100, so I'll just do the mod myself.
Did the search here, and it looks like you just need to cut out a small piece. On the drivers side, in the back by the "E".
I couldn't find any detailed instuctions, and the FAQ tells you to buy them from Stealth V. If it's more involved, I'll get them from him. But if it's easy, then I look at that as an extra 100 bucks that can go to another MOD.
Thanks guys.

Tony

StealthV
10-28-07, 11:49 AM
It's not easy to make them fit nice and I've yet to see a DIY job that is on par.

Order a set now, take them out of the box this week, clip them into place.

Simple. Quick. Instant gratification. :thumbsup:

Jon
10-28-07, 05:35 PM
It's not easy to make them fit nice and I've yet to see a DIY job that is on par.

I have StealthV Z06 FRCs and when I first got them I couldn't even tell where they were cut. The work was top-notch.

rgd
10-28-07, 06:24 PM
Its not that tough to make a good looking set if you have the right tools. Probably the best way to make the cuts is with a solder iron.
It just depends on how crafty you are.

lawfive
10-28-07, 07:34 PM

Yeah, that.

crankedupforit
10-28-07, 08:04 PM
I did mine myself. Don't even try to cut them with a knife or a hot soldering tip or blade. You'll just f them up. They will look like sh*t. Get a Dreml moto tool. Rent one if you must. Don't use a grinding stone but use a small abrasive cone that looks like sand paper. The stuff will cut like butta and you can make the job look factory because the edges come out smooth a contoured. Be prepared to spend a little time jerking them on and off until you find out every place you need to cut. If you already bought a set this is the best way to go. If you haven't bought them yet I would go with the Stealth V option.

1QUICKV
10-28-07, 10:31 PM
Mark where it needs to be cut with a marker around the power steering pump. Then Use a Dreml, but do a light cut just to trace the marker line and do the next cut deeper and deeper and deeper untill it falls off. But don't try to cut it off all in one shot. Do a low speed, not to melt the plastic too much. I've seen some fcuk ups and they looked like shit, the only thing they could do to fix it was to paint them. Its easy with a Dreml. Then sand the edges. And they will look mint! OEM

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
10-29-07, 01:16 PM
These are not easy to do right!!! order them from Rick at StealthV save yourself the headache and frustration of doing them yourself. StealthV's are perfect every time.

CIWS
10-29-07, 02:58 PM
These are not easy to do right!!! order them from Rick at StealthV save yourself the headache and frustration of doing them yourself. StealthV's are perfect every time.

:yeah:

JimmyH
10-29-07, 03:07 PM
Like others said, get a Dremel with some cut-off wheels. After you are done with your FRCs, you will be amazed how many uses you can find for a dremel.

It took me about 3-4 times per side to get it right. About an hour total including pulling the V logos off the stock engine cover and sticking them to the FRCs.

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/pics/cars/frc.jpg